Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Arizona: the I love you edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Generally I agree but I feel like Fabbri has already missed so much time and continuing to bench him when healthy is doing even more damage to his career. The knee looks strong it is just about getting back up to game speed. I am confident that once he does he can get back to being a contributor.
You would think he'll almost certainly be in for one of the back to backs against Colorado and Minnesota.

Reactions: Bendak

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Generally I agree but I feel like Fabbri has already missed so much time and continuing to bench him when healthy is doing even more damage to his career. The knee looks strong it is just about getting back up to game speed. I am confident that once he does he can get back to being a contributor.
100% agree.. his speed and skating were never an issue. he started being bad after the shoulder, which from bergy and 91 we know takes a bit to get confidence back. he is going to be a middle 6 player if they ever let him get out there

Reactions: Bendak

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
But when he has played he hasn't been good this season. Also, they don't NEED him right now. Why risk him getting hurt again?

To me, now is not the time to try and get guys going who have struggled / missed time. It's time to just keep on doing what they are doing and winning.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Don't worry guys I'll hold back how much I'd rather have Maroon/Sanford scratched over Fabbri.
giphy.gif

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
But when he has played he hasn't been good this season. Also, they don't NEED him right now. Why risk him getting hurt again?

To me, now is not the time to try and get guys going who have struggled / missed time. It's time to just keep on doing what they are doing and winning.

Yeah but him not playing good (nobody except O'Reilly was for the first 30 games) was to be expected after such a long time out. So while I get what you are saying the only way to get him back up to game speed is to play him some games. Also, I don't think swapping out 1 bottom 6 player is going to mess with the team chemistry much.

Either way nice win and another shutout for Winnington!!

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Blues get the shutout for Binnington. The skaters did most of the work with a hard-checking, smothering defence, that kept the puck far away from their net, and didn't allow The Yotes to possess the puck in the middle of the ice with any room to get off a shot or pass. Binny helped with a few key saves. Blues 3rd in The Central with eyes on passing The Preds next! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad