Half-Assed GDT: Blues v Caps- Will Tom Wilson hurt one of our rookies Part 3?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Dare I say the Blues played quite well that period but Copley made some big saves. The goal against aside I thought Jake seemed a lot more, lets say restrained in net. Although there was one play where I did see him slide halfway out of the goal, that is the shit that gets him into trouble and I sincerely hope that was a relapse and not a sign of what's to come.

Reactions: The Note in MI

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Am I missing something about Maroon? I mean I know it would probably be bad for Thomas’ development if he were out on a line with Maroon and Jaskin/Barbashev but I really don’t see much out of Maroon instead of parking in front of the net. Which has a role don’t get me wrong, but I’m not seeing the value of doing that with Tarasenko and ROR.

Thallis

Progression is not linear
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Am I missing something about Maroon? I mean I know it would probably be bad for Thomas’ development if he were out on a line with Maroon and Jaskin/Barbashev but I really don’t see much out of Maroon instead of parking in front of the net. Which has a role don’t get me wrong, but I’m not seeing the value of doing that with Tarasenko and ROR.

Maroon should be fishing pucks out of the corner after Tarasenko fires them high. Didn't get much of a chance for that.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Honestly the period wasn’t terrible. Seem to really get some tempo going the last half. Could easily be 2-1 good guys but Schenn and Kyrou were robbed. Remember y’all this is 1 period of a preseason game..

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I like the idea of Maroon and ROR working the corners looking to find Tarasenko out high, as well as Maroon causing havoc in front for Tarasenko to fire a shot. Skill-wise, Maroon is clearly the weakest link there, but I'm willing to give him a shot on that line based on how he's performed with other star players. I'm willing to try him on other lines, though.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Couple thoughts:

Copley looks good. That save on Kyrou...wow

The plan for the Maroon - ROR - Tarasenko line seems to be get Vova the puck and crash the net.

"4th" line was getting completely dominated physically at times, particularly Kyrou and Thomas. They obviously have speed and skill but not sure that combo is going to fly in the regular season.

Blais had some good moments but also appeared caught off guard a bit by Washington's speed.

Allen looked calm and solid.

If Parayko would've just knocked his man down rather than trying to finess the puck away then that goal against probably doesn't happen. Frustrating watching him not take the body when he can. He did have a really nice rush leading to the Kyrou/Copley robbery tho.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Dare I say the Blues played quite well that period but Copley made some big saves. The goal against aside I thought Jake seemed a lot more, lets say restrained in net. Although there was one play where I did see him slide halfway out of the goal, that is the **** that gets him into trouble and I sincerely hope that was a relapse and not a sign of what's to come.

His stance is visibly quite different than previous years. More upright and less aggressive. I’m hoping this will decrease his happy feet moments. He was lackadaisical on adjusting his angle on the goal against. But again it’s preseason. I don’t expect him to be perfect in his first game.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

I actually didn't mind the Maroon signing but I do mind this idea of him on the top line O'Reilly and Tarasenko. The guy just doesn't drive offense, he cleans up garbage. I predict that by the new year he will be the 4th line LW but get PP time as a net front presence which is perfectly fine with me.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Fabbri needs to get healthy and back to speed already so we can bump Maroon down where he belongs

Reactions: Lord Helix

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Well I mean to be fair if he were to do that he would have to get to the puck before it had already been transitioned the other way
He is constantly behind plays. I think he is going to get a lot of leeway by fans because he is a local guy, but I am not a big fan of his game. He causes extra work for his line mates, as does Tarasenko. So basically, sorry ROR.

Reactions: Lord Helix

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Fabbri needs to get healthy and back to speed already so we can bump Maroon down where he belongs
Absolutely. I’d like to see Perron over there possibly too in the meantime. If the plan is for Maroon simply to retrieve pucks and sit in front of the net, Perron can do that effectively as well. While also providing more skill in the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->