Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXIV

Trade bait at TDL or off-season: Sobotka or Berglund?

• Sobotka

• Berglund

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I am probably in the minority here, but I can't fathom that teams wouldn't want a Sobotka. His contract is expensive for the Blues mostly because of the Berglund contract. Having one third liner making between $3 - $4 million isn't going to kill a team's balance sheet, but having more than one is a problem. However, Sobotka doesn't have much in the way that could stop a deal, so the number would be the only negative to other teams (this is assuming he doesn't have NTCs that I forgot about).

I just don't view Sobotka as immovable as others are saying. It just sounds like hyperbole that is reaching dangerous levels of absurdity. Now I'm sure someone will tell me that if his contract was moveable, it would have been done by now. And if anyone does, I think that's just grasping at straws due to the plethora of other reasons that Sobotka might not have been moved. In the end, I think one of Sobotka or Berglund will not be on the roster next year, and I'm inclined to believe that it will be Sobotka. Mostly because of that asinine NMC involved in Berglund's contract.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The Sobotka hate has honestly become ridiculous. People just want to give him away for a 4th round pick.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The Sobotka hate has honestly become ridiculous. People just want to give him away for a 4th round pick.
Berglund too. I wouldn't accept anything less than a 2nd for either of them. They are more useful to the team than anything less than that.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
He and Berglund definitely aren't the problem. But they aren't the solution either and people are gonna point fingers somewhere.

The real issue is the our lack of a top line center. Schenn is a 2C who had a lucky start. We also are terrible on LD. Edmundson is strong but injured, Dunn is a rookie who is still learning how to defend at a high level (he'll get there), Gunnarsson is 6/7D playing on our top pair and somehow making almost 3M a season and Bouwmeester isn't even NHL caliber but is being gifted top four minutes. Lastly, we don't have a #1 goalie. Carters been great so at this point I'd give him the ball and let him run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->