Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXIV

Trade bait at TDL or off-season: Sobotka or Berglund?

• Sobotka

• Berglund

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Not sure what that tweet actually means. If it's JT, then Stastny was never coming back, and that trade really doesn't impact us going for him in the summer.

Not sure who else that's available that'd make sense, but maybe it's something out of nowhere.
I don't think it will be a centre. I think we're going to get a top-6 forward, maybe Hoffman.

We'd be downgrading centre, at least short term, but upgrading at wing with a player who'll is seen as a long term piece.

Moving Stastny seems like writing the season off, but I don't see Armstrong doing that when we are a point back and no benefit from missing the playoffs.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
That last tweet doesn't surprise me at all.
All of us know this club needs the playoff revenue, and has too much at stake to thrown the towel.
Very good chance we put together a massive package to get...somebody.
At this rate, we've got 6 prospects at forward ready to try to earn one or two roster spots.
Regardless of what most of this board expects to happen,
Expect the unexpected.
Still a long way to go before this day is over.

Enough of this talk, I say, enough! :)

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Why in the world would we trade Stas for a first and then add a LHS LW for our prospects?? FFS, can sanity reign at Blues headquarters for one day?

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I think Easton was correct. This is a rather shocking move from DA...very out of character. It also does leave us with a hole to fill next year.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Why in the world would we trade Stas for a first and then add a LHS LW for our prospects?? FFS, can sanity reign at Blues headquarters for one day?
We are a point out of the playoffs, I don't believe that Armstrong has given up.

If we weren't interested in bringing Stastny back, then moving him out and replacing him with a top-6 winger is a somewhat lateral move. Getting some currency for Stastny to bring that long term top-6 guy in makes sense.

I do agree that a LHS LW isn't the fit that I would be targeting.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
No reason. Just goes to show you never know.
Never know what?

My position was never that it was impossible for Stastny to be traded. I just said that I thought it was a risk...which it is. I wouldn't have taken it, and I didn't think Armstrong would take it (based upon the information available to me), but he did, so we see where it takes us. Risks can pay off, or bite you in the ass. I'm hoping for the former.

Regardless, I have no reason to be disappointed unless we walk into next year without a functional #2 center. If that turns out to be the case, I guarantee I won't be the only one who isn't happy.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
No he didn't. I think it's tough to expect Parayko to play 1C, 3C and 2 RD may have to slide him down to the 3rd pairing. Can't expect too much out of one guy :sarcasm:
Fair point, although there might be enough time for him to play all three if we move to playing 60min games.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
With Edmonton spinning their wheels this season. Maybe just maybe, we should revisit Parayko for Draisaitl.

Like many are discussing finding a true #1C without drafting one is nearly impossible. I think Leon is already showing he can be that guy. Also, for the Blues finding a 2RD would be a lot easier to find than a 1C. Im not saying Parayko wont be/isnt a 1RD, just pointing out with our roster configuration that's what he is to this team.

With Stastny now gone... worth a thought.

Fabbri-Draisaitl-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Kostin-Thomas-Thompson

Would we still have issues scoring goals?

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
Well, it's over, I guess. Not what I expected or had hope for. Wanted a shiny new toy under my tree today. But I do like having a pick and a prospect to add to our arsenal. Wish we could have done a little more to free up cap and increase picks down the road.

Now we see how they respond. Hopefully we get on a roll and our prospects to get a taste of NHL expectations.

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
I wonder if Foley got noticed while the Blues scouted Walman? Wasn't Chris Porter a teammate of Oshie at N. Dakota? That was a decent benefit of seeing Oshie. I wonder if someone can verify my recollection?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I wish we had another really good top 4 rhd prospect that was ready Because moving Parayko for Draisaitl interests me.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would have loved to have seen a mega-Rangers trade. Shattenkirk, McDonough, Miller for Bouw, Edmundson, Berglund, Barbshev, 1st, Thompson? Or Fabbri?
I'm really not that big of a fan of McDonough. Kind of overrated imo. Wouldn't want Shattenkirk back and I'd prefer our 1st+Fabbri over Miller.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well, it's over, I guess. Not what I expected or had hope for. Wanted a shiny new toy under my tree today. But I do like having a pick and a prospect to add to our arsenal. Wish we could have done a little more to free up cap and increase picks down the road.

Now we see how they respond. Hopefully we get on a roll and our prospects to get a taste of NHL expectations.
From one tweet I read....no one was interested in our trash. No sense in dumping them now if there's interest but the offers are terrible. Those deals can be made in the offseason when cap situations are clearer

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I'm leaning towards reworking the Schenn trade so that the 1st round pick is a top 15 protected
I wonder whether we could have pushed for top 15 at the time of the trade but simply didn't do so b/c we were confident taht we would make the playoffs.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
From one tweet I read....no one was interested in our trash. No sense in dumping them now if there's interest but the offers are terrible. Those deals can be made in the offseason when cap situations are clearer

I hate to say it but no one is going to be interested in that trash in the offseason either.

This ownership group could improve the on-ice product if it occassionally considered a buy-out. I wonder what the cost of Schenn would have been if we had simply bought out Lehtera and hadn't needed to dump his salary.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Berglund and Sobotka need to be 4th liners next year. That won’t kill us. This is only if they aren’t moved, which they won’t be. Who the hell would want them? They will be decent 4th liners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad