Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXIV

Trade bait at TDL or off-season: Sobotka or Berglund?

• Sobotka

• Berglund

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 6, 2012
I think they need to do something. Add a serviceable middle 6 guy. Nothing too flashy or expensive. But the Blues are going to need some help, and we all know the injuries never really stop.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
You know, I’ve always loved Ottawa’s roster pieces, and I even thought they had a great team set-up. I didn’t think last year was a fluke because all they needed was a younger goaltender to stay competitive. But that ownership group is beyond bad, and I really feel for the fans.

With that said, if Hoffman is available, I want him. I have an irrational love for him, so hearing that he could be had has me quite gleeful. I wonder what the Blues could do to snag him.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think they need to do something. Add a serviceable middle 6 guy. Nothing too flashy or expensive. But the Blues are going to need some help, and we all know the injuries never really stop.

We have plenty of guys that can be serviceable middle 6 ers. I say either go big or go home.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
We have plenty of guys that can be serviceable middle 6 ers. I say either go big or go home.

Tage Thompson, Fabbri, Walman, Barbashev, Gunnarsson, 2019 1st & 2018 2nd

For

Barkov

That big enough?

When healthy:

Sobotka Barkov Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Steen
Berglund Stastny Jaskin
Upshall Brodziak (Blais or Thickburger)

Show Me The Trades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((and Ranksu singing my trade genius as we raise the Cup down Market St.)))))))

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
That's not even close, a bunch of secondary pieces are not landing us an elite, young, 1C on a very friendly contract. This isn't the video game.

It's Petro, Parayko+ or Tarasenko.

Which why would we do any of those? Then it isn't even beneficial.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Mike Hoffman would be cool. Does he look good on the right side? Only a little over 5M for 3 years. If he can play the right side, I could see him being similar to Nyquist, but an extra year at slightly more term. Whoever is cheaper to acquire would be my pick. Hoffman is probably the premium asset, but Melnyk the cheapskate versus Holland the hoarder.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I figured the Ranksu comment would show the post in jest.

I’m not sure how Army would make a big splash. Any big splash type of trade will bring a good cap chunk coming in. Gunnarsson is a cap dump that could go back but he’s fairly cheap. The trading team could eat salary as long as this is the last year on someone’s contract.

It’ll be a Vrbata, Pouliot, Brassard, Filppula, or a Maroon type player. That’s my guess anyway.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
You know, I’ve always loved Ottawa’s roster pieces, and I even thought they had a great team set-up. I didn’t think last year was a fluke because all they needed was a younger goaltender to stay competitive. But that ownership group is beyond bad, and I really feel for the fans.

With that said, if Hoffman is available, I want him. I have an irrational love for him, so hearing that he could be had has me quite gleeful. I wonder what the Blues could do to snag him.

Piggybacking off this train of thought, what about Bobby Ryan? He's only 30, highly talented, plays RW, is a right-handed shot, and might cost less to acquire than Hoffman. Downside is he's not hit 30 goals in 6 seasons, but seems like a safe bet for 20 going forward. That said, he's also in a hideous slump with only 1 goal all season, and his salary is just chock full of booty stank(6.5M from my quick googling). What are everyone's thoughts?

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Piggybacking off this train of thought, what about Bobby Ryan? He's only 30, highly talented, plays RW, is a right-handed shot, and might cost less to acquire than Hoffman. Downside is he's not hit 30 goals in 6 seasons, but seems like a safe bet for 20 going forward. That said, he's also in a hideous slump with only 1 goal all season, and his salary is just chock full of booty stank(6.5M from my quick googling). What are everyone's thoughts?

At that price tag, no thanks. I'd rather Blues pay the price for Hoffman

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Yeah, hard pass on Ryan. His contract is up there with Seabrook as one of the worst around. Hoffman would be a good get, Stone would be a dream add but I don’t see any way they move him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There's absolutely no reason to acquire Ryan.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Oof, nevermind. Just looked up his contract on capfriendly, over 7M through the 2022 season. I was under the impression that he only had a year or two remaining on his current contract. I had no idea he'd signed an extension that long and that large(that's what she said). I'm officially on the Hoffman train. Choo-choo you filthy animals.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Oof, nevermind. Just looked up his contract on capfriendly, over 7M through the 2022 season. I was under the impression that he only had a year or two remaining on his current contract. I had no idea he'd signed an extension that long and that large(that's what she said). I'm officially on the Hoffman train. Choo-choo you filthy animals.
Even then he's still bad. He's slow and those hand injuries have taken their toll.

As for Hoffman, Im no expert but the general feel I have is he's useless if he's not set up for 1 timers. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if he was a RS

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Even then he's still bad. He's slow and those hand injuries have taken their toll.

As for Hoffman, Im no expert but the general feel I have is he's useless if he's not set up for 1 timers. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if he was a RS

Had no idea about the hand injuries, I guess that explains the drop in production in recent years.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Well Stone is fantastic as well, but I don't think that Ottawa would let him go.

As for Hoffman, the guy is like Jason Zucker. He's got a fantastic release and incredible speed. I'll say that while I do like Stone, I'd rather target Hoffman's speed because he would provide the Blues something that only Pajaarvi really gives them. Couple that with his scoring ability, and the Blues have something totally new. I'm thinking of a top-6 setup of:

Hoffman - Stastny - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Sobotka

That would be so much fun to watch. But again, I'm very biased seeing I like Hoffman a lot.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If they are prepared to move on from Karlsson, then I think every part of that team is available. Stone is a guy I'd ike, he just gets it done. Wouldn't be against Hoffman.. just like to had an actual RW

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
If they are prepared to move on from Karlsson, then I think every part of that team is available. Stone is a guy I'd ike, he just gets it done. Wouldn't be against Hoffman.. just like to had an actual RW

And Stone's a right hand shot as well. But yea, either of these guys would be a welcome addition.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Mark Stone would be just a perfect addition to this team. He’s 25, a great two-way player who is good for 20-25 goals a year. He’s essentially another Schwartz on the right side. He is an RFA after this year, though and due for a hefty raise. I don’t know what Ottawa is doing, if they’re waving a white flag after the bottom has fallen out or what their deal is. But if they do make everyone available, Stone would be an incredible get. I don’t think they’ll move him though.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Stone would cost a fortune and Ottawa should have no reason to move him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->