Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I think it's a good thing to add. Also means we'll have a veteran to tandem with Hofer in the AHL
Yeah, I thought this was a given, and the goalie market will be saturated this offseason - I expect a goalie who is currently on a one-way to sign a two-way with the blues

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Ah, didn’t realize he regressed that bad. Well, hopefully he can turn it around. Was the team that bad or was he just THAT bad?

Tulsa wasn't good, but it was mostly him. He was mostly 3rd goalie behind Devin Williams and Anaheim's Olle Eriksson Ek. The games he did play for Tulsa he played poorly. So the Blues pulled him for Tulsa and loaned him to Brampton... where he continued to perform poorly. So the Blues had to pull him from there aswell and dump him back on Tulsa's roster. If he doesn't do an 180 next season, I'd bet it's over for him.

ps. We still don't have an ECHL-team for next year, which also doesn't sound great for Fitzpatrick.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If the Blues can't bring back Pie I'd definitely be down to bring in someone like Brenden Dillon.
I think Bredan Dillon would be perfect fit with Pietro. What I would target instead of Scandella and I view Mikkola could be good enough for paired with Parayko.

This would have been my top6 if I would have GM rights. :laugh:

Code:
Dillon - Pietro
Mikkola - Parayko
Perunovich/Dunn - Bortuzzo

But instead we've pile of shit what cost for us 7-years 6.5mill.$ AAV and Pietro walking in the sun low price. Scandella which imo wasn't anything major and Parayko couldn't carry him this post-season when he wasn't 100%. I view Mikkola can be Jbo replacement. Fast and even can be physical game. Perfect shutdown D with Parayko.

Last edited:
Reactions: TK 421

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I think Bredan Dillon would be perfect fit with Pietro. What I would target instead of Scandella and I view Mikkola could be good enough for paired with Parayko.

This would have been my top6 if I would have GM rights. :laugh:

Code:
Dillon - Pietro
Mikkola - Parayko
Perunovich/Dunn - Bortuzzo

But instead we've pile of shit what cost for us 7-years 6.5mill.$ AAV and Pietro walking in the sun low price. Scandella which imo wasn't anything major and Parayko couldn't carry him this post-season when he wasn't 100%. I view Mikkola can be Jbo replacement. Fast and even can be physical game. Perfect shutdown D with Parayko.
Now i want Dillon and Pietrangelo. Lol

Dillon-Pietrangelo
Scandella-Parayko
Mikkola-Faulk

Reactions: Ranksu

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
We should try and see if the Jets would swap Perreault for Steen.

Steen might actually waive because of his family connections to Winnipeg. The Jets might be interested because Steen is owed $500k less than Perreault in salary next season. Steen obviously has a higher cap hit, but I'm not sure that's really meaningful to the Jets since they're going to need flexibility going into the 2021/22 season with the likes of Laine & Poink getting significant bumps.

We go from a $5.75m cap hit to a $4.125m cap hit. Buying Steen out would be a cap hit of $3.417m cap hit this coming season, followed by $1.167m in 2021/22. But, Perreault would only be $1.458m and $1.333m.

So buying out Perreault would give us ~$10.15m in cap space, less any overage penalties, with only the Pietrangelo and Dunn roster spots open.

puckerdude10

Feb 22, 2010
Columbia
We should try and see if the Jets would swap Perreault for Steen.

Steen might actually waive because of his family connections to Winnipeg. The Jets might be interested because Steen is owed $500k less than Perreault in salary next season. Steen obviously has a higher cap hit, but I'm not sure that's really meaningful to the Jets since they're going to need flexibility going into the 2021/22 season with the likes of Laine & Poink getting significant bumps.

We go from a $5.75m cap hit to a $4.125m cap hit. Buying Steen out would be a cap hit of $3.417m cap hit this coming season, followed by $1.167m in 2021/22. But, Perreault would only be $1.458m and $1.333m.

So buying out Perreault would give us ~$10.15m in cap space, less any overage penalties, with only the Pietrangelo and Dunn roster spots open.

I don't think this is a bad idea. I had thought of doing something similar with other players like Maata or Riemer/Mrazec for Allen if it came to it before he was moved.

I have been wondering about Steen, and if the rumors about his injury are true. If he goes on LTIR for the entire season could he become a positive asset in a trade to a team like Toronto? Similar to what they did with guys like Horton and Clarkson. Something like Steen for a pick then they put him an LTIR the entire year for the overage. I am not sure if I have all the rules and details correct but wondered if someone more knowledgeable could confirm?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
He’s going to want to be paid. If Petro walks, he’d be worth looking at I suppose.
He still has four years at $4.95m left on his deal.

Noah Hanifin?
How would he fit into the line up? The obvious spot is a partner for Parayko, as they seem to match up pretty well in terms of style.

Beyond that, it's all about asset cost. At 23 and five years in the League, we can't be paying a significant premium on potential. He obviously has good size and is an excellent skater, but I've not really seen that much more from him. He hasn't appeared particularly strong defensively and he hasn't really shown the offensive production that teams would have hoped.

Right now, I see him as a complementary player. I don't think he's going to be able to carry a pairing, and is going to need someone better beside him to be relied upon if we're expecting significant minutes.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He still has four years at $4.95m left on his deal.

How would he fit into the line up? The obvious spot is a partner for Parayko, as they seem to match up pretty well in terms of style.

Beyond that, it's all about asset cost. At 23 and five years in the League, we can't be paying a significant premium on potential. He obviously has good size and is an excellent skater, but I've not really seen that much more from him. He hasn't appeared particularly strong defensively and he hasn't really shown the offensive production that teams would have hoped.

Right now, I see him as a complementary player. I don't think he's going to be able to carry a pairing, and is going to need someone better beside him to be relied upon if we're expecting significant minutes.
It's the assumption that Petro is gone, so maybe this goes in the other thread? I really haven't watched him in recent years, so that's why I threw the question out there as opposed to advocate for it.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
It's the assumption that Petro is gone, so maybe this goes in the other thread? I really haven't watched him in recent years, so that's why I threw the question out there as opposed to advocate for it.
Did Hanifin and Faulk ever play together in Carolina? And what would Calgary want in return? I feel like we need to make a move in order to to ensure Dunn or Gunny aren't logging 20 minutes a night next year...

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Did Hanifin and Faulk ever play together in Carolina? And what would Calgary want in return? I feel like we need to make a move in order to to ensure Dunn or Gunny aren't logging 20 minutes a night next year...
I've honestly never really paid attention to him, just know he's been made available.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Watch we’re gonna trade Dunn+Bozak+ for OEL now lol

OEL-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Mikkola-Bortuzzo
Gunnarsson

Doesn’t look toooo terrible, and the sides balance out more. I’d prefer a different LHD, but this just seems like an Army move lol. Trade for a more expensive D than what they offered Petro.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I'm not as down on OEL as some are here, but a panic trade to patch over the Petro-sized hole in our roster probably isn't a good call.

But if we can't go over 7.7 for Petro, why would be afford 8.25 for OEL?

My bad I edited my last post before I saw this. I just think it’d be funny to me, because this offseason is already off to an awful start.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we tried to upgrade our left side now though.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
My bad I edited my last post before I saw this. I just think it’d be funny to me, because this offseason is already off to an awful start.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we tried to upgrade our left side now though.
Yup. With Perunovich in the system, swapping Dunn + for a Stay-at-home partner for Faulk makes sense (considering Perunovich afaik is similar to Dunn but better)

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Yup. With Perunovich in the system, swapping Dunn + for a Stay-at-home partner for Faulk makes sense (considering Perunovich afaik is similar to Dunn but better)

Yep, that’s what I’m thinkin too. I’d expect a 30-40pt 2-way guy that can play with either Parayko or Faulk. I honestly prefer someone to go with Parayko, leaving Scandella-Faulk as the second pair. Faulk needs a guy like Scandella next to him.

Reactions: Xanadude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad