Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Really don't like idea of trading 1st or 2nd round pick for rentals. You trade mid-round pick fine but even 2nd round is quite fertile land.
I'm fine with Dillon or Tofolli.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Toffoli returned a 2nd and some junk.

Any media person who thinks Kyrou + 1st is happening for anyone should be banned for life. Get the f*** outta here.

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
That is cheap. I mean cheap cheap fun fun. If Army couldn't match that. rip

Putting aside the NHL player cap dump, the equivalent deal for the Blues would have been a 2nd and one of their above average prospects. Wouldn’t call that cheap for Toffoli.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Putting aside the NHL player cap dump, the equivalent deal for the Blues would have been a 2nd and one of their above average prospects. Wouldn’t call that cheap for Toffoli.
Agreed. Don’t think I would do 2nd and Alexandrev or Perunovich, which seems like what equivalent price would be.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Seems people think Madden is a good prospect so Tofolli returned as expected

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
Agreed. Don’t think I would do 2nd and Alexandrev or Perunovich, which seems like what equivalent price would be.

You literally read my mind. I almost listed those two exact players but was too lazy to look up the proper spellings.

Reactions: Blueston

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Seems people think Madden is a good prospect so Tofolli returned as expected

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Man, prices are stupid high. I hope Army sits this deadline out. No need to go all-in...they’ll either defend with the current group or they won’t, but pissing away assets won’t help this year or the future.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Man, prices are stupid high. I hope Army sits this deadline out. No need to go all-in...they’ll either defend with the current group or they won’t, but pissing away assets won’t help this year or the future.
I would be supportive of a hockey trade, but agree no interest in these rental prices.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Just for fun, I know this isn't going to happen and obviously part of this is based on Steens future with us/injury proneness, anway, I think this would be great scenario for us the rest of this year and moving into the future. I also am not a 100% believer in kyrou, I think he can be a good player, but I don't think he possesses some of the traits and hockey sense needed to be a real "star" in the league, Tho I do think he'll be an everyday player. So again just a hypothetical, if it happened to play out like this, what would you guys think?

We trade Faulk, lets say to Edmonton(or whoever) for their 1st(someone convinced he's still good)
Then we trade Kyrou or a 1st(we'd have two) to NYR for Kreider and Marc Staal both 50% retained.

My plan would be that we have a sign and trade for Kreider in place (re-sign him @6.5M the same cap schenn signed for). Then move Allen and bozak in the offseason. Cap wise we

We would still have 1.5 mill in cap space for this season and could role a FILTHY Top9 lineup of:
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko (We know the potency of this line)
Sanford-ROR-Perron (If Sanford continues to play how he has the last two weeks than this is still a good 2nd line, the other two guys need to pick it up)
Kreider-Thomas-Bozak (Would love to see what Thomas could do with a real goal scoring/net driving LW)
Barbs-Sunny/DLR-Steen/Sunny
Blais/DLR/

Dunn-Pietrangelo
Mikkola-Parayko(I trust in how good mikkola's defence is in zone, he really needs another shot (especially with bouw out) to take that spot because it's obvious Faulk cannot play D well enough to defend top lines and he's not even on the PP anymore, so what's the point of keeping him?Dunn is honestly way better, obviously he comes with warts occasionally as well.
Gunnar-Bortz
Staal….. I figure these 3 guys can rotate in the bottom pair together and of course in lead protecting situations gunnar/staal could move up with pietrangelo/parayko if they're just trying to shut down the last 5 minutes of a period. Or take mikkola's spot with parayko if I end up being wrong about him.

Future Cap wise(if next years cap goes up to 83 Mill.) we'd have about 600K in space. Obviously that's uncomfortably close to the cap and potential of an injury bug hitting us might not allow us to roll a full lineup possibly...….But if Steen were to LTIR(Let's just say he gets hurt again this year and him and management talk and sort of agree they'll pay him not to play, but save the cap hit and not have to move a draft pick to drop the contract) which adds another 5.75 mill to the 680K, allowing us a ton of flexibility to pursue either another defenceman, forward(if Sanford goes back to being bad) or go after a solid proven backup like maybe Anton Khudobin for around 2ish mill for a year or two, if Husso as the backup is to scary for a team with cup aspirations.

In 2020-2021 we could role a 23 Man Roster of:
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sanford-ROR-Perron
Kreider(6.5m)-Thomas-Bozak
Barbs-Sunny-Steen(yes still, unless LTIR then Blais/Macmac)
DLR/Blais (both signed at 1 mill)/ Mac Mac(if Steen LTIR's)

Dunn(3M bridge)- Pietrangelo(9Mill)
Mikkola-Parayko
Gunnar-Bortz
Staal

Binnington
Husso/Khudobin

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Just for fun, I know this isn't going to happen and obviously part of this is based on Steens future with us/injury proneness, anway, I think this would be great scenario for us the rest of this year and moving into the future. I also am not a 100% believer in kyrou, I think he can be a good player, but I don't think he possesses some of the traits and hockey sense needed to be a real "star" in the league, Tho I do think he'll be an everyday player. So again just a hypothetical, if it happened to play out like this, what would you guys think?

We trade Faulk, lets say to Edmonton(or whoever) for their 1st(someone convinced he's still good)
Then we trade Kyrou or a 1st(we'd have two) to NYR for Kreider and Marc Staal both 50% retained.

My plan would be that we have a sign and trade for Kreider in place (re-sign him @6.5M the same cap schenn signed for). Then move Allen and bozak in the offseason. Cap wise we

We would still have 1.5 mill in cap space for this season and could role a FILTHY Top9 lineup of:
Sanford-ROR-Perron (If Sanford continues to play how he has the last two weeks than this is still a good 2nd line, the other two guys need to pick it up)
Kreider-Thomas-Bozak (Would love to see what Thomas could do with a real goal scoring/net driving LW)
Blais/DLR/

Dunn-Pietrangelo
Mikkola-Parayko(I trust in how good mikkola's defence is in zone, he really needs another shot (especially with bouw out) to take that spot because it's obvious Faulk cannot play D well enough to defend top lines and he's not even on the PP anymore, so what's the point of keeping him?Dunn is honestly way better, obviously he comes with warts occasionally as well.
Gunnar-Bortz
Staal….. I figure these 3 guys can rotate in the bottom pair together and of course in lead protecting situations gunnar/staal could move up with pietrangelo/parayko if they're just trying to shut down the last 5 minutes of a period. Or take mikkola's spot with parayko if I end up being wrong about him.

Future Cap wise(if next years cap goes up to 83 Mill.) we'd have about 600K in space. Obviously that's uncomfortably close to the cap and potential of an injury bug hitting us might not allow us to roll a full lineup possibly...….But if Steen were to LTIR(Let's just say he gets hurt again this year and him and management talk and sort of agree they'll pay him not to play, but save the cap hit and not have to move a draft pick to drop the contract) which adds another 5.75 mill to the 680K, allowing us a ton of flexibility to pursue either another defenceman, forward(if Sanford goes back to being bad) or go after a solid proven backup like maybe Anton Khudobin for around 2ish mill for a year or two, if Husso as the backup is to scary for a team with cup aspirations.

Sanford-ROR-Perron

Mikkola-Parayko
Gunnar-Bortz
Staal

Binnington
Husso/Khudobin
Why would you want Staal? Bad player, bad contract even at half the price.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Why would you want Staal? Bad player, bad contract even at half the price.
He's fine as a shot blocking/PK 3rd pair/7th D and his 2.8 would only run through next year and I doubt the rangers would trade trouba, lindren, DeAngelo, Fox or Skjei……..Maybe change it to Brendan smith (50%) retained if we deem him a better shutdown guy than staal.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He's fine as a shot blocking/PK 3rd pair/7th D and his 2.8 would only run through next year and I doubt the rangers would trade trouba, lindren, DeAngelo, Fox or Skjei……..Maybe change it to Brendan smith (50%) retained if we deem him a better shutdown guy than staal.
If he was in last year maybe but we shouldn’t be paying over $2mm for #7d.

Reactions: DoubleK81

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

Blais/DLR/

Dunn-Pietrangelo
Gunnar-Bortz

Sanford-ROR-Perron

Mikkola-Parayko
Gunnar-Bortz
Staal

Binnington
Husso/Khudobin

Just too many details..

Faulk isn’t going anywhere for a long time. Army isn’t giving up assets and signing him to a 6 year deal just to turn around and trade him

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think trading for a defenseman like Dillon or Alec Martinez is Army admitting a mistake with Faulk.

On paper, a top four of Faulk-Pietrangelo and Dunn-Parayko wouldn't require adding a defenseman with Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo, and Mikkola filling out the bottom six.

I don't think he's as locked into Faulk as it might appear.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I think trading for a defenseman like Dillon or Alec Martinez is Army admitting a mistake with Faulk.

On paper, a top four of Faulk-Pietrangelo and Dunn-Parayko wouldn't require adding a defenseman with Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo, and Mikkola filling out the bottom six.

I don't think he's as locked into Faulk as it might appear.
I think it'd be more finding a replacement for JBo's defensive assignments as no one can really fill in that role.

Reactions: BlueDream

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Toffoli returned a 2nd and some junk.

Any media person who thinks Kyrou + 1st is happening for anyone should be banned for life. Get the **** outta here.

Tyler Madden isn't a junk prospect... As a sophomore, he's T-4th for the NCAA div 1 scoring lead. 37p in 27 games.

So, LAK got a 2nd, an NCAA sophomore standout and a cap dump.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think it'd be more finding a replacement for JBo's defensive assignments as no one can really fill in that role.

That Justin Faulk can’t be counted in that area is part of the problem. He wasn’t brought here to be a third pairing defender and that’s essentially what he is if he can’t be counted as a top 4 pairing for either Pietrangelo or Parayko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad