Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
So Kovalchuk Thomas Tarasenko is happening?? :)

Honestly that sounds sick lol.

This isn’t directed at you, and I’m not really an “I told you so” person, but I definitely did get ridiculed on here for saying he still had it(because I saw it in person), and wanting Army to bring him in for cheap when he got released.

I do think Berube would have a wonderful time coaching him though :laugh:

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Honestly that sounds sick lol.

This isn’t directed at you, and I’m not really an “I told you so” person, but I definitely did get ridiculed on here for saying he still had it(because I saw it in person), and wanting Army to bring him in for cheap when he got released.

I do think Berube would have a wonderful time coaching him though :laugh:

Kovy could be the answer because of what it will cost to get him on top of his cheap salary. Trading for him would allow the Blues to spend the assets needed for a LHD. We’ll see soon enough

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Kovy could be the answer because of what it will cost to get him on top of his cheap salary. Trading for him would allow the Blues to spend the assets needed for a LHD. We’ll see soon enough
Why does everyone think he'll be cheap? His cap is non existent and he's producing....that screams overpayment for the guy unless MB sits on him too long and the market evaporates.

I'm worried that Army will repeat what he did in Dallas. Win a cup then empty the prospect pool and picks in the hunt for another one. We already burned assets on Faulk with less then desirable results

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
JR's last article he noted that if Blues goes either Kreider or Dillon or both it defenitely will be 1st and even Kyrou out. Do we want Kyrou out?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Apologies....but what now?
Well I think we know, but does Army and Chief know. Latter one clearly doesn't know.

Overally our d-pairs are mess up now.

Faulk - Pietro was forced to work and when it find chemistry they were break down after Parayko injury. You would think Chief would unite Faulk - Pietro again, but he keeped Faulk at 3rd paird and even tried him with Parayko what was disaster.

So currenlty in Chief's head Gunnar is the guy with Parayko.

After these loses and no adjusting for change i rest my case leave it out. f*** it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well I think we know, but does Army and Chief know. Latter one clearly doesn't know.

Overally our d-pairs are mess up now.

Faulk - Pietro was forced to work and when it find chemistry they were break down after Parayko injury. You would think Chief would unite Faulk - Pietro again, but he keeped Faulk at 3rd paird and even tried him with Parayko what was disaster.

So currenlty in Chief's head Gunnar is the guy with Parayko.

After these loses and no adjusting for change i rest my case leave it out. **** it.
I'm even more lost now. Are you saying if the Blues make a move, JR indicated we'll move the 1st and Kyrou? I do agree adding Faulk has made things muddy on the defense, which was our strength. Faulk/Pietrangelo were good but that was god mode Petro who elevated Faulk. I still view him as a square to a round hole. Berube has done what he can but I'd bet he isnt too thrilled with how the defense isnt working. I'd really like to see Mikko play with Parayko, sink or swim.

If we're swinging for the fences, what about a guy like Brodin? Always seem to be in the way when we play the wild. Solid guy who puts up some decent points.

Oh...idea....let's send Faulk home for Brodin.....:laugh:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm even more lost now. Are you saying if the Blues make a move, JR indicated we'll move the 1st and Kyrou? I do agree adding Faulk has made things muddy on the defense, which was our strength. Faulk/Pietrangelo were good but that was god mode Petro who elevated Faulk. I still view him as a square to a round hole. Berube has done what he can but I'd bet he isnt too thrilled with how the defense isnt working. I'd really like to see Mikko play with Parayko, sink or swim.

If we're swinging for the fences, what about a guy like Brodin? Always seem to be in the way when we play the wild. Solid guy who puts up some decent points.

Bolded: yes. If I understood correctly his writing.

I view Faulk - Pietro could work out. And I agree about Mikkola - Parayko, ofc. So it leaves out Dunn - Bortuzzo and Gunnar odd man out.

I don't know what to say about Brodin. To me looks like we're stuck with Faulk. No matter how badly everything will fall after this season. Army committed with him so he'll keep him no matter what. Ofc if he falls Lehterä level. :sarcasm:

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Why does everyone think he'll be cheap? His cap is non existent and he's producing....that screams overpayment for the guy unless MB sits on him too long and the market evaporates.

I'm worried that Army will repeat what he did in Dallas. Win a cup then empty the prospect pool and picks in the hunt for another one. We already burned assets on Faulk with less then desirable results

Well to be fair the Stars did go right back to the Stanley Cup Finals the year after they won the Cup...

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

I doubt he is a guy they are eager to move since he's really all they have on the left after Suter. That said, if they had interest and the swap allowed MIN to auction off Dumba to the highest bidder, Army would be foolish not to do that. Brodin would be a great partner for Petro, then you just have to figure out who to pair with Parayko and you're set.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm even more lost now. Are you saying if the Blues make a move, JR indicated we'll move the 1st and Kyrou?
Except JR didn't say this in the article.

He said Kreider's price likely soared after Coleman trade and if we dealt for Kreider, "The Blues could expect to lose a first-round pick, as well as a top prospect such as Jordan Kyrou."

I would be shocked if that is price. Coleman's value was elevated by an additional year at bargain price. I could see Kreider maybe get a 1st and lesser prospect or later pick and top prospect, but can't see him getting both when Taylor Hall didn't.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I doubt he is a guy they are eager to move since he's really all they have on the left after Suter. That said, if they had interest and the swap allowed MIN to auction off Dumba to the highest bidder, Army would be foolish not to do that. Brodin would be a great partner for Petro, then you just have to figure out who to pair with Parayko and you're set.
That was more tongue in cheek then anything. Main trade thread has Brodin as "gettable"

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

Wasn't the reports saying Montreal would be asking for a 2nd if they traded Kovy? That's not a super valuable asset.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
For a guy that was bought out? I'm not buying this new found production as what he is. We play like LA did and I'm not sure Kovy would do much here, so a 2nd is too valuable for him

Isn't the odds of a 2nd round pick having a NHL career in the 40% range? I have to think Kovy is worth that much but each to their own.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Isn't the odds of a 2nd round pick having a NHL career in the 40% range? I have to think Kovy is worth that much but each to their own.
On a team with Blais, Sanford, Kyrou, Parayko and Dunn...... I wouldn't dismiss picks outside of the 1st round.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
On a team with Blais, Sanford, Kyrou, Parayko and Dunn...... I wouldn't dismiss picks outside of the 1st round.
Really don't like idea of trading 1st or 2nd round pick for rentals. You trade mid-round pick fine but even 2nd round is quite fertile land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad