Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
No. If there is one goalie that pisses me off....its him. Anderson getting beat glove side is iconic. Hes frozen for like 10sec after the goal
I can't argue with that, and he has been hot garbage this season. He has a good playoff record, though. He was a big part of the Sens ECF run a couple of years ago.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
That Fabbs doesn’t exist anymore. I don’t love pool party but he has untapped potential and nobody is giving you sure thing for Fabbs. This time next year Fabbri will have zero value if he doesn’t make significant progress.
How do you know that?

Just a handful of weeks ago half this forum was convinced that Tarasenko would never be the same based on a shoulder surgery and half a year of decidedly substandard play even though he was "healthy." Does anyone think that's the case now?

Bouwmeester looked like absolute ass for the first couple of months of the season, even though he was finally healthy after a long stretch of time when he wasn't. Now he looks a lot better...probably even better than he did immediately before his last two injuries.

Missing as much time as Fabbri did is not something you usually just come back from without missing a beat, even if you're completely healthy. It takes time to fully find your game when you've been sidelined for that long, and that's on top of the time it takes to fully trust your body again since the former is dependent on the latter. I know that from firsthand experience, not that there isn't ample evidence to point at in the world of sports.

Fabbri's knee doesn't look like an active physical hindrance to me when I watch him play, so it's very possible that the rest of his game rounds into shape with time. He might not ever get to the point where he was before, but then again he might eventually surpass that and be even better. Nobody knows.

Either way, I rather strongly doubt that what he is right now (20-ish games after coming back) is as good as he'll ever be assuming the knee holds from here (and believing it won't is much more personal pessimism than an opinion based on medical facts).

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Definitely. I don't know how many times I see Fowler behind the goal line, covering no one in particular, while Gibson eats a scoring chance right in front of the net. Great puck mover, but gets lost in no man's land more than he should.
Petro and him would be god awful that’s for sure.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Keep everyone. No trades. Let's watch if this Phoenix rising from the early season ashes is going somewhere.

Fabbri might just need more conditioning and confidence building to get back to his former self. It's been a long journey.

Reactions: DangledUpinBlues

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm not sure why anyone would want to write Fabbri off. The issue with the injury is lost development and whether his skating would suffer. His skating doesn't look like it is an issue, so it's probably better to give him a chance to shake the rust off.

I would have interest in Puljujärvi, but not moving Fabbri for him. It's funny how 5 or 10 years ago that everyone recognised that someone like Puljujärvi would be that guys like him take longer to develop. Going into his draft year, the scouts were saying that it would take longer for Puljujärvi to be an impact player than someone like Laine, yet the expectation is that every top-5 guy be able to play. Edmonton messed up his development, now it's whether or not it is irreparably damaged. Then there is the issue that he loses waiver exeption next season.

We have young wingers, but he is something that we don't really have. If we think he could be developed on the fourth line next season? We should be looking at him.
Would anyone consider Craig Anderson for Jake Allen? Anderson has one more year, which would help with Binnington and Husso's development. We would then be free of Allen's contract.
We would do that in an instant. He isn't the greatest goalie, but he isn't as erratic as Allen in the style of play. We'd also drop the extra year.

There is just no way that Melnyk would consider it. Allen is paid $1.2m more next season and has a lower cap hit. Even without the extra year, the Anderson contract is going to be much more attractive to their ownership.

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If the Blues traded for Pool-party, he still wouldn't crack this roster, since they're currently scratching guys better than him...unless it was a 3-for-1 type deal: Fabbri, Blais & Sanford for Puljujärvi. I'd have zero interest in that guy unless it was for minor-league depth that we could develop over the next 2-3 seasons ala Kostin.

Cam Flower Fowler? Meh. He's a younger, less effective version of Gunnarmeester...but on an obscene contract. OBSCENE. I'd have more interest in Pool-party, tbh. Anaheim should most certainly be looking to move that guy.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Not that I think they're a good match myself, but let's be honest...there's probably just a handful of players in the league that you think would result in a good defensive pairing when coupled with Pietrangelo. :laugh:
He is effective with a stay at home guy like Gunnarsson, Carlo even Lindbohm was effective with Petro. Let them do his heavy lifting and really it isn’t a bad match. Eddy’s problem is he keeps taking off when Petro does and vice versa. Oil and water combo

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
Would moving Steen + a meh pick get you pool party? I think Hitch would love having Steen to help set the tone. I’m not hellbent on getting Pulijarvi, but moving Steen frees up some money for a bigger fish. Steen + conditional pick (Oilers make Playoffs) for a chance to finally benefit from another Edmonton wasted pick? They say, Third times a Charm”

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Would moving Steen + a meh pick get you pool party? I think Hitch would love having Steen to help set the tone. I’m not hellbent on getting Pulijarvi, but moving Steen frees up some money for a bigger fish. Steen + conditional pick (Oilers make Playoffs) for a chance to finally benefit from another Edmonton wasted pick? They say, Third times a Charm”
Big no from Edmonton, big no from Steen who has a NTC, and huge dick move for the blues to trade him right after the birth of his daughter.

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
If we decide to sit tight, (which I could embrace), I would like a little more sandpaper on D. If RoBo or Eddy gets hurt, captain Cupcake is our most physical defenseman...yikes! Ideally, we can clear some cap space this month and take a run at a game changer. We don’t have a lot of depth, but there’s always a trade to win

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
Big no from Edmonton, big no from Steen who has a NTC, and huge dick move for the blues to trade him right after the birth of his daughter.
Fair, but are you prepared to buy him out? He doesn’t fit if the Kyrou’s, etc make the team. Yeah, sure he could be a fourth liner, but that’s a lot of money. Moving him might prolong his career. He’s about done here.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If we decide to sit tight, (which I could embrace), I would like a little more sandpaper on D. If RoBo or Eddy gets hurt, captain Cupcake is our most physical defenseman...yikes! Ideally, we can clear some cap space this month and take a run at a game changer. We don’t have a lot of depth, but there’s always a trade to win
We do have depth though. Teams dont have several NHL players sitting in the press boxes or in the AHL. Blues have depth and if they cleared cap for a game changer....well that would remove that depth

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Fair, but are you prepared to buy him out? He doesn’t fit if the Kyrou’s, etc make the team. Yeah, sure he could be a fourth liner, but that’s a lot of money. Moving him might prolong his career. He’s about done here.
We'll see what we can do in the offseason. Right now we need him especially with Perron's mysterious injury.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

You only buy out players if they can't contribute. Steen can still be a serviceable bottom six forward.

Reactions: Blueston

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Parayko and Dunn are both probably more physical than Pietrangelo.

Regardless, it seems silly to me to worry about how tough the d-core is if we lose our 2 toughest defenders. Literally every team in the league would have a soft d-core if their 2 toughest defenders got hurt. Total waste of assets IMO.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Parayko and Dunn are both probably more physical than Pietrangelo.

Regardless, it seems silly to me to worry about how tough the d-core is if we lose our 2 toughest defenders. Literally every team in the league would have a soft d-core if their 2 toughest defenders got hurt. Total waste of assets IMO.
This idea that a Petro isn’t physical is silly. He isn’t Scott Stevens but he wins almost every board battle and wields stick as weapon.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Adam McQuaid might be available, and probably could be had for a 3rd or less. He would be a good 7nth D insurance guy, especially as Bortz seems to be made of glass.

Reactions: Dbrownss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->