Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hopefully we keep winning and the trade board can stop the quantity for Tarasenko threads.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Hopefully we keep winning and the trade board can stop the quantity for Tarasenko threads.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Those trades exhibit next to no logic to begin with, so what makes you think that us trending away from selling will slow the piss poor proposals from flooding in?

I mean, 90% of them fail to account for our team needs to begin with, instead offering up expendable, lesser or redundant pieces rather than anything remotely useful to us. The Blues open for business articles and comments by insiders just chummed the waters...

Edit: Elaborated on main board's short-sightedness by adding 2nd paragraph.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wouldn't hold your breath. Those trades exhibit next to no logic to begin with, so what makes you think that us trending away from selling will slow the piss poor proposals from flooding in?
Eventually people will realize we aren't full rebuild mode.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
At this point we really just need a goalie. The only problem is. What goalies are realistically available? Bobvrosky is an option, Talbot? Quick? Schneider? Howard? Lundqvist?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
At this point we really just need a goalie. The only problem is. What goalies are realistically available? Bobvrosky is an option, Talbot? Quick? Schneider? Howard? Lundqvist?
Don't get me started...

:laugh:

Reactions: Saint Loser

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
I understand your reasoning with our subpar goaltending, but Allen has proven to be a reliable goalie in tandem. Allen and Binnington could be a very good tandem.

Besides that, Schneider is a basket case, Lundqvist used to be awesome, but is closer to awful now and Jonathan is Quickly losing it.

Bobo is the only one I would even remotely consider, but he is going to a contender and, right now, the Blues are not contenders; they are mere playoff hopefuls.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I would like to give JB a chance as a tandem goalie this season to see what we have. I would also pursue Howard in the offseason.

Reactions: cardinalnation

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Figure out goaltending in the summer, we have to see what we have in Binnington first. His first 4 starts have been great, but lets see after 20+ starts. If he proves to be good after that, then you view him as a possible solution.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Friedman brought up Bouwmeester’s name in his 31-Thoughts article as a TDL rental. Unsurprisingly, that seems to hinge on his health.

That would be a coupe, no matter who is coming back. I know Babcock loves JBo, and Toronto may want to bring him in for a playoff run. Army and Dubas have been trade partners recently on two occasions: Soshnikov and the 1st-round swap that brought us Bokk. I could see it happening again with J-Bo

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Friedman brought up Bouwmeester’s name in his 31-Thoughts article as a TDL rental. Unsurprisingly, that seems to hinge on his health.

That would be a coupe, no matter who is coming back. I know Babcock loves JBo, and Toronto may want to bring him in for a playoff run. Army and Dubas have been trade partners recently on two occasions: Soshnikov and the 1st-round swap that brought us Bokk. I could see it happening again with J-Bo

What are we looking at as a return, a 2nd?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
What are we looking at as a return, a 2nd?

If we got a 2nd for Bouwmeester, I would count that as a big, big win. His NTC will complicate things a lot.

I could see a fit for him in Toronto, maybe. But a bubble team like Montreal with a lot of cap space and multiple 2nds this year would be interesting too. I could see Calgary biting, but their cap situation isn’t ideal. Vegas is interesting in the same way that Montreal is; would he waive to go play his final shot at a cup with Reaves and Stastny? I could see it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
With Boumeester's play picking back up and the Blues not looking desperate.....do we want a 2nd for him?

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
I would move him before his value evaporates completely, if he is willing to waive. Making the playoffs is entirely possible, moving past the first round or any further is not until we have a steady presence in net. Not a jab against Binnington, but expecting him to carry us in multiple playoff series' is a pretty demanding task for a guy who is just getting his feet wet in the NHL. And I am not psyched about making another move for a goaltender in his twilight years and have another Miller situation.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Agreed. Taking the chance of drafting another Kyrou or Parayko is better than keeping Bouwmeester for a couple months. He'll be 36 next season.

Call up Schmaltz to be the #7 and we'd still have a decent d-core.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I think Morty has a point with Babcock liking Bouwmeester. He played Bouwmeester big minutes for team Canada and is on record being a fan of veteran play.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
With Boumeester's play picking back up and the Blues not looking desperate.....do we want a 2nd for him?
We'd probably have to max retain to move him anywhere, but in doing so I think a mid to late round 2nd is probably pretty fair value.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We'd probably have to max retain to move him anywhere, but in doing so I think a mid to late round 2nd is probably pretty fair value.
We can retain to increase value, but as long as he is healthy and playing like he has for last several weeks we should be able to deal him at deadline for pick without retention (unless he has only 1 or 2 teams he wants to go to and they have cap crunch).

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I can see the Blues keeping Bouwmeester if we are a bubble team. His play has improved so much that his contributions down the stretch and into the playoffs might outweigh the return he would get. I would undoubtedly trade him for a 1st. Maybe a 2nd. Anything less than that and I would just keep him. I certainly don't agree with trading him for anything we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->