Blues trade list

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
It's a strange time to post a trade list just before free agency, given there are a number of players to be had for free (overpaid, but no assets given up), but in reviewing the UFA's it's clear there isn't a ton of top line players out there, so this list is for those who either fall short in free agency, or are interested in a different piece.

The Blues The team currently have 16 full-time NHL forwards, and 9 d-men, and the team is over the cap with these players. As such, likely two of their top rated players will be moved from amongst a number of top 6 forwards and one top 4 d-man. All ratings referenced are for next season and 2019 draft picks suit me fine:

FORWARDS
Kyle Turris (C): Finally landed my Sens center, and then he is traded! Remains a solid scoring center in all aspects. 28 years old $6.4M. Key ratings: PA-83, SC-72, PH-79, DI-89, PH-79. Looking for a 1st round pick and blue-chip prospect.

Zach Parise (LW/RW): An injury riddled campaign last year has only dulled his rating slightly. He remains a bonafide top 6 winger with a top notch scoring rating. 33 years old $7.5M. Key ratings: SC-86, PH-76, PS-76, SK-84, LD-87. Looking for a high pick or prospect.

Wayne Simmonds (RW): It hurts to consider this move, but there have been several inquiries. A beast power forward. 29 years old $3.975M. Key ratings: SC-83, PA-74, CK-82, SK-84, PH-87, DF-73, LD-81. Can be used everywhere. Looking for a 1st rounder plus a blue-chip prospect.

Patrick Maroon (LW). A true power forwardwho produced extremely well after his trade to the NHL Devils. 30 years old, $3.25M Key ratings: SC-74, PA-77, CK-85, ST-86, PH-78.

Defensive d-man
Nikita Zaitsev. Yes, the whipping boy of Leafs fans, but hard to deny his stalwart defensive rating. As long Babcock continues to use him as one of his shutdown d-men (who else would he use!?), Zaitsev will remain an extremely valuable piece in a top 4. 26 years old, $4.5M. Key ratings: DF-91, CK-84, DI-92, ST-74. Looking for a high pick or solid prospect.

GOALIE
Mike Smith. I like Smith just fine (78OV), but if I could swap him for a younger cheaper goalie than what Smith is at ($5.75M) I’d add a decent piece to the deal, depending on the goalie coming back.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Zaitsev traded.

A few discussions re Simmonds and Turris, but will likely hold off any further moves until post-free agency so teams can figure out where they stand and whom they land.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
A quick bump on this.

With free agency over, teams with gaps are encouraged to inquire about any of the forwards noted above. Discussions continue with a few teams regarding Simmonds, Turris and Maroon.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Another bump on this. Discussions continue on Parise, Turris, Simmonds and Maroon.

Let me know any interest in any of these players to fill out the top six of your forward units.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->