• Anton Andersson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Erik Foley takes the #10 spot, rounding it out. Still quite a few guys left with NHL potential, which says a lot about the Blues pool. Perunovich, Fitzpatrick, and Stevens are guys I quite like, plus Sanford and Binnington show they can reach the big show in some fashion.

Blues Prospect List:
1) Robert Thomas (92.1%)
2) Jordan Kyrou (87.4%)
3) Ville Husso (56.4%)
4) Klim Kostin (52.0%)
5) Dominik Bokk (73.4%)
6) Jordan Schmaltz (36.8%)
7) Jake Walman (49.0%)
8) Samuel Blais (32.3%)
9) Niko Mikkola (48.0%)
10) Erik Foley (51.9%)

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Picked Sanford again, but if Perunovich grows a few inches (his dad is 6’2 or 6’3 and didn’t hit his growth spurt until he was a sophomore in college, and Perunovich will be a sophomore next year), he could slide up these rankings into possibly the top 5 by this time next year.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, I'm on the Sanford train. Either he never is quite right after his injury, or he is a guy who has looked okay but not amazing in NHL games just floating around waiting for an opportunity. I'll lean to the second.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
giphy.gif

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’ve got it Fitzpatrick then Sanford here.

Both are hard to predict though. Fitz was wildly inconsistent on a bad team. Was it just the bad team though? He gets traded and then boom, plays great and wins the Memorial Cup. I assume he’s turning pro so will likely end up in Tulsa.

Sanford was someone I feel I was higher on than most a year ago. He had pretty good hands and seemed to know D coverage pretty well for as raw as he was so I was intrigued with how he’d look in camp/preseason as I thought he had a pretty good shot of earning a job...and then he gets badly injured something like 15 min into the very first camp practice. He’s a wildcard. Who knows. Didn’t seem to do much in the AHL in the few games he played after the shoulder surgery but that could’ve just been rust. Still, he needed to bulk up and I’d imagine shoulder surgery hampered building up his upper body. I have no idea what we have in him anymore. I hope he surprises in camp but this year's team will be a lot harder to make than last year’s.

Then it’s Stevens and Perunovich. I like Perunovich’s offensive skills but he’s still figuring out the D game AND he’s only 5’9”? I just can’t rank him higher right now. IF this magical late growth spurt like his dad happens then sure but I’m not going to assume that’ll happen. Regarding things he can control though, I hope he improves his D positioning this season.

Reactions: EastonBlues22

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I have to go with Sanford right now. Fitzpatrick has been up and down. Goalies are really hard to peg at a young age. Their game is so dependent upon mental aspects. Stevens has a chance to make it in The NHL, but he's no lock. Perunovich is so small, and lacks much defensive game. He has a LOT needed to go right for him to become a regular NHLer.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I have to go with Sanford right now. Fitzpatrick has been up and down. Goalies are really hard to peg at a young age. Their game is so dependent upon mental aspects. Stevens has a chance to make it in The NHL, but he's no lock. Perunovich is so small, and lacks much defensive game. He has a LOT needed to go right for him to become a regular NHLer.

I agree that goalies are hard to peg at a young age. Despite his strong year I did not expect to have him this high this year, that was until I saw him at prospect camp. His play at camp just left me very high on him and shot him up my rankings.

My list going forward for the last 9 spots would be.

1. Fitzpatrick
2. Toropchenko
3. Reinke (again, camp performance impressed me)
4. Sanford
5. Perunovich
6. McGing
7. Binnington
8. Stevens
9. Noel

I am not confident that it will play out exactly in this order but I am confident that those are the best 9 prospects left.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I picked Fitzpatrick just because I think his ceiling could be higher than anyone left and I don't have confidence in the floors of anyone left. I have very little faith in Sanford's ability to be anything more than a liability on the 3rd line of an NHL team, so I'll take the complete goalie craps shoot over that.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Fitzpatrick
Toropchenko
Binnington

I'm running out of players that actually know much about, but Sanford is somewhere down there. I just don't think he has much going for him except supposed "hands", and an okay shot - both of which I think are reminiscent of Jaskin when either player decides to show up. I don't see him having much of a future with the Blues, but might be one of those players that has a fringe role for another team (Rattie in Edmonton). Otherwise I think he's an AHLer.

I wish I knew more about Perunovich, but I doubt I'll learn enough about him between now and then to make an informed vote.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Fitzpatrick, but I've got Sanford right after. Seems like both of them will go somewhere this round or next.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I went with Fitzpatrick, but I was hesitant. Goaltending is the position I know least about, and they are so unpredictable. They really are a crapshoot. But I see him as being a potentially more important player than anybody else on the list.

Last edited:

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Sanford getting straight disrespect from this board. I still believe in him. He will open eyes this year.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Sanford getting straight disrespect from this board. I still believe in him. He will open eyes this year.
What he showed before he get injured didn't give me anything cheer for. Lanky, slow and not physical forward who doesn't have hockey IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad