• Anton Andersson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Okay, so Mikkola takes the #9 spot. Hopefully I have everyone in the options this time, but knowing me, I probably don't.

Anyway, I think Foley will take this, but maybe Perunovich, Stevens, or Fitzpatrick surprise me.

Blues Prospect List:
1) Robert Thomas (92.1%)
2) Jordan Kyrou (87.4%)
3) Ville Husso (56.4%)
4) Klim Kostin (52.0%)
5) Dominik Bokk (73.4%)
6) Jordan Schmaltz (36.8%)
7) Jake Walman (49.0%)
8) Samuel Blais (32.3%)
9) Niko Mikkola (48.0%)

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
This one was tough for me. It was between Foley and Fitzpatrick. The safer bet but lower ceiling vs. the long shot saviour. Went with Foley, more likely to be an NHL'er, but in a less important role.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Foley -> Perunovich -> Fitzpatrick -> Sanford

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I just want to note there are at least 3 names here that are mighty impressive to not be in our top 10 prospects.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
giphy.gif

FOLEY MAN!!!!!!! THAT'S A FOLEY(ps i know its spelled differently)

Reactions: shpongle falls

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Had Foley the last couple polls so sticking with him.

After that is a tier of Fitz, Sanford and Perunovich...with I guess Stevens and Reinke in there too. Idk, will have to start giving it some thought on the next poll.

Reactions: Splatter

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Had Foley the last couple polls so sticking with him.

After that is a tier of Fitz, Sanford and Perunovich...with I guess Stevens and Reinke in there too. Idk, will have to start giving it some thought on the next poll.

Same. I think Musil belongs in that tier with Nolan and Rienke too.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Same. I think Musil belongs in that tier with Nolan and Rienke too.
I'm bit suprised why Musil haven't get any love. I don't have any idea why he isn't liked? Yet again like broken record, he was impressive at WJC and prospect tournament Traverse City. He looked decent 2-way center and in my eyes looked guy who could easily fit bottom 9 role in NHL (4th liner)

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm bit suprised why Musil haven't get any love. I don't have any idea why he isn't liked? Yet again like broken record, he was impressive at WJC and prospect tournament Traverse City. He looked decent 2-way center and in my eyes looked guy who could easily fit bottom 9 role in NHL (4th liner)
I think Musil will make an excellent 2-way 4th Line NHL centre, which will give The Blues 4 lines capable of scoring, but their 4th Line will also be good at cycling/puck possession, and also defending well against opposing scoring lines. The problem is that he'll have lots of Blues vets to jump to get that position for himself. But, in 3 years that will give The Blues a nice problem. It will likely be relieved slightly, by a regular 3rd liner going to Seattle in their Expansion draft, and the current 4th Line centre moving to The 3rd Line the next season, to fill that spot. Sundqvist will be gone by then.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Here was my list from last year versus this year. X indicates trade or graduation, Y new addition.

Dunn XKyrou +6
WalmanThomas +2
KostinBokk Y
ThomasHusso +1
HussoKostin -2
Barbashev XWalman -4
KyrouFitzpatrick +12
Thompson XSchmaltz +1
SchmaltzBlais +3
ToropchenkoFoley Y
SanfordToropchenko -1
BlaisBinnington +6
Sundqvist XMikkola +1
MikkolaPerunovich Y
MusilSanford -4
StevensMusil -1
Lindbohm XStevens -1
BinningtonNoel +2
FitzpatrickHofer Y
Noel
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I think overall our pool is much stronger than last year both by addition and by growth from previous players. Last year I paid more value to readiness than I did this year, and I think that shows with the previous low ranking of Kyrou, and the relatively high ranking of Barbashev (wasn’t and am still a fan). We are also in a better situation this year where I don’t think readiness is nearly as important to the club outside of maybe at G and LHD. This played a huge part in my lower ranking of Kostin (not to mention his completely uninspiring year). I still think Kostin has all the tools, but am beginning to question the toolbox while also remembering to consider the AHL mess and ice factors.

Overall, there wasn’t a ton of movement when you factor in graduations/trades, and outside of the goalies, the biggest changes was Kyrou, but that was because I didn’t know enough about him last year and spent the year watching him with Sarnia.

My prediction this year is that the expectations for Sanford will continue to fall, and that Thomas and Kyrou graduate. I’m hoping Kostin completely rebounds, but only time will tell as we just don’t have enough information as to whether last year was an anomaly or a cause for concern (I’m still a big fan of what he could be). Perunovich might be our biggest wild card now, but I’m saying that based off of my trust in BA more than anything I’ve seen of him; he hasn’t looked very impressive in my limited viewings.

Reactions: gucc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad