Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Patrick Maroon (1 year @$1.75m) - ORIGINAL 2018 SIGNING THREAD

PizzaPietrangelo

Bluesily optimistic
Jan 14, 2017
London, UK
I dont have apple, so I cant listen. Well....a multi year deal was available at the beginning.

You can stream the podcast at this Barstool Sports link.

I didn't check for sure where the Maroon interview starts, but it's probably around the 30-minute mark.

I also highly recommend listening closely around the 51-minute mark—Maroon and the hosts share some awesome locker room stories about Teemu Selanne (and his apparent feud with Randy Carlyle).

Reactions: Dbrownss

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hi Blues fans! I am curious about your thoughts on Maroon. His production has been disappointing and his decision to “gamble on himself” may come up snakeeyes as a result.

What I’m curious about is how he’s playing. Apart from his lack of production, hows he been? Is he playing with that familiar gusto and physical assertiveness? Is the effort level high? Is he getting chances?

Or does his stat line simply reflect how he’s really playing?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
He hasn’t done much of anything. He hasn’t been physical. He often stands to the side of the net instead of in front of it. He hasn’t used his assets.

Reactions: The Note in MI

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Maroon isn't a fit here. The Blues don't have the speed to really cover for him, so the line ends up chasing too much and playing in the defensive zone. Maroon is not good in the defensive zone.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hi Blues fans! I am curious about your thoughts on Maroon. His production has been disappointing and his decision to “gamble on himself” may come up snakeeyes as a result.

What I’m curious about is how he’s playing. Apart from his lack of production, hows he been? Is he playing with that familiar gusto and physical assertiveness? Is the effort level high? Is he getting chances?

He’s bad at everything tbh. He just stands in front of the net and doesn’t do anything else.

His stat line is actually a little bit better than how he’s played. 7 of his 8 points came early in the season when he was feeding off of ROR. He has 1 point in his last 14 games and has been the worst forward on the team.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
But, he wants to play here. He wants to bring the cup here. All that other s*** we heard in the offseason.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
He was a good signing at the time. He's not going to get resigned. I think he's a class act, but he's just not a fit here.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
He was a good signing at the time. He's not going to get resigned. I think he's a class act, but he's just not a fit here.

Oilers fan in peace. Wondering what the Big Rig would be worth at the deadline as a rental.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Oilers fan in peace. Wondering what the Big Rig would be worth at the deadline as a rental.
A box of cookies and a candy cane?

Seriously though, might be a good move for him to go to EDM and give them some grit he obviously doesn't have on STL for the playoffs.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016

Seriously though, might be a good move for him to go to EDM and give them some grit he obviously doesn't have on STL for the playoffs.
The dynamic for them is different for us. McD gifted him his points, and I'd be happy to give him back, under the right circumstances.

Reactions: Lancer

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The dynamic for them is different for us. McD gifted him his points, and I'd be happy to give him back, under the right circumstances.
Right circumstances being that we don't have to take back a contract or give them a draft pick?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Best part about this signing is it's only for 1 year. Worst part is we seem to feel obligated to play him.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005

How bout 2 candy canes? The cookies seem a bit steep. Lol

He was a great fit on our top line. If Chiasson keeps it up we may not have room for him. Hope he turns his career back around. Seemed like a great guy!

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
How bout 2 candy canes? The cookies seem a bit steep. Lol

He was a great fit on our top line. If Chiasson keeps it up we may not have room for him. Hope he turns his career back around. Seemed like a great guy!

Do you have any pictures of the candy canes?

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I hate to say this but after his responses to questions yesterday about the effort of other players, especially how he scoffed, he can just be moved for about anything at this point. Get him off this team. I get it, you have to defend your teammates, but you can't contradict yourself that you and all the other players come to play every night, fight hard, etc., and then say you didn't come out ready for the first period or you fell asleep or whatever other bull**** excuse you dropped. Your inconsistencies in quotes are as bad as your inconsistent play on the ice. His play was already dragging things down, but now, him opening his mouth is making his image worse. Sorry Army but the hometown boy isn't working out, send him packing. Maybe New Jersey wants him back.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I liked how he scoffed at that question about effort. "Maybe that's what you see." Um, no bro. Your teammates have said countless times in post game interviews that the team didn't bring effort.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
He can't skate and has the worst puck protection skills I've ever seen of any NHLer. We could give the Oilers a bag of used pucks if they would make him a Hitchen post for Kenny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->