Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Patrick Maroon (1 year @$1.75m) - ORIGINAL 2018 SIGNING THREAD

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Why is it that Maroon is in most of our pre and post game interviews? Can we please hear from other players?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Im laughing how many placed Maroon in top6 spot when he get signed in Blues. Look where he's at now.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
What would he be worth to Toronto at the deadline? Late round pick? Leafs need to shore up the left side and add 3rd/4th line grit/depth. I just worry he may not be quick enough for the pace this team plays with.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I thought it was a no-brainer at that dollar amount, and we'd find some role for him even if he wasn't my ideal player. Turns out, he's just not good.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What would he be worth to Toronto at the deadline? Late round pick? Leafs need to shore up the left side and add 3rd/4th line grit/depth. I just worry he may not be quick enough for the pace this team plays with.
Whatever pick you want to offer.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It's way too early to guess that. With someone like Maroon it is almost certain that he is going to get traded, so the ask will be "high" until close to the deadline and then it is basically an auction.

I'd take a mid-round pick now just for him to be gone, but I wouldn't be surprised if Armstrong wanted a 2nd just now and just let whatever happens happen.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Maroon isn’t the problem. You all are going after the easiest target and not the real problem.

There are a lot of problems and pretty much all posters have been hitting on any one or any thing that they believe to be an issue. Lets not act like we are just bashing Maroon.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

He's not quick enough for the pace the Blues play, much less Toronto. That said, not thank you. I'm willing to trade Maroon for future considerations. However, as leafs fans are incapable of making an offer without Zaitsev attached, I'm gonna go ahead and preemptively say no.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He's not quick enough for the pace the Blues play, much less Toronto. That said, not thank you. I'm willing to trade Maroon for future considerations. However, as leafs fans are incapable of making an offer without Zaitsev attached, I'm gonna go ahead and preemptively say no.
When was anything said about Zaitsev? I asked if a late round pick would do, which I'm pretty sure is a future consideration...

I was just wondering about value. Not looking to be insulted.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I thought Maroon looked better last night. He's helping his line keep possession in the offensive zone, and not an automatic turn-over waiting to happen. He got a goal the game before, didn't he? I thought he was trending the right way, more in line with his historical productivity.

What's the point in posting July tweets about the possibility of re-signing him? I've seen multiple posters pre-criticizing Armstrong for making such a dumb move, when he has shown no indication he will do it. Are we that bored of things to discuss.

Bouwmeester turned it around. Maybe Maroon can too?

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I am not sure what his value would be at this point. Maybe a sixth or seventh Rd draft choice. I am not trying to be insulting, his play has been that bad. The Big Rig is already a -17 and it's not like he is playing against the top lines either. At least not lately. Worse than that I don't think his effort has been very good either. Very surprising!

He played in that division last year after the trade deadline and he was a non factor. I am not sure why the Leafs would even want him to be honest but you can have him. Let me say we were all pulling for Pat Maroon around here when he was signed. It just has not worked out at all.

Reactions: smitty10

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I get it.

But where are the threads on 91, 10, 17, 21?
Are you honestly telling me that Tarasenko, Schenn and Schwartz are bigger issues than Maroon? I guess that depends on your definition of “issue” but...

I’m not saying those guys have performed up to expectations, but even on their WORST days, they are still far better players than Maroon.

At least they contribute something. Anything. Maroon is the worst forward on the team and I don’t think it’s particularly close. I can positively say that the only thing he does is stand in front of the net. I defended him a bit in his first few games when people were railing on him but he’s gotten worse since then. I was hoping it would work out but I haven’t seen many players do less than he does. He doesn’t defend well, he doesn’t hit hard, he can’t skate, he’s not a playmaker and he’s not a good shooter either. He has no NHL level skill really.

Reactions: cardinalnation

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
Are you honestly telling me that Tarasenko, Schenn and Schwartz are bigger issues than Maroon? I guess that depends on your definition of “issue” but...

I’m not saying those guys have performed up to expectations, but even on their WORST days, they are still far better players than Maroon.

At least they contribute something. Anything. Maroon is the worst forward on the team and I don’t think it’s particularly close. I can positively say that the only thing he does is stand in front of the net. I defended him a bit in his first few games when people were railing on him but he’s gotten worse since then. I was hoping it would work out but I haven’t seen many players do less than he does.

And he rarely does that.

His edgework is horrific and his stops and starts are worse.

I can skate better on popsicle sticks.

Reactions: cardinalnation

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

At least they contribute something. Anything. Maroon is the worst forward on the team and I don’t think it’s particularly close. I can positively say that the only thing he does is stand in front of the net. I defended him a bit in his first few games when people were railing on him but he’s gotten worse since then. I was hoping it would work out but I haven’t seen many players do less than he does. He doesn’t defend well, he doesn’t hit hard, he can’t skate, he’s not a playmaker and he’s not a good shooter either. He has no NHL level skill really.

Meh...

They are paying Paddy Slowpants peanuts and can let him walk very soon.

For what he's getting paid and the term, he's a blip on the screen of under performance versus dollars.

I expect the folks I showed to elevate and lead this team out of missery. That's not happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad