Blues sign Marek Schwarz, Carl Soderberg

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
zetterberg40 said:
good signings by the blues, where will schwarz play next year, im thinking NOT the ahl correct?

Unless he improved drastically in the last year, the NHL would kill him. He wasn't all that spectacular even in the CHL. With Sanford in St.Louis, I'd put Schwarz in the AHL first.

MU_Beerman

May 20, 2004
I think CBT will be the starter in Peoria, and Schwarz will be starting in Alaska

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
BlueBleeder said:
CBT and Schwarz will probably share the duties at peoria.

I would think that Schwarz would get more of the starts than Beckford-Tseu (I almost forgot that Peoria isn't the ECHL franchise anymore).

Good job on Polak too. I liked what I saw (albeit only two games) in the WJC's from him.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Brule said:
Unless he improved drastically in the last year, the NHL would kill him. He wasn't all that spectacular even in the CHL. With Sanford in St.Louis, I'd put Schwarz in the AHL first.
I had a friend in Vancouver tell me that he didnt play badly for the Giants in his time there. Either way its good to see him sign and get back to continuing his develpment. Going back home for a year really backfired on that kid.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
c-carp said:
I had a friend in Vancouver tell me that he didnt play badly for the Giants in his time there. Either way its good to see him sign and get back to continuing his develpment. Going back home for a year really backfired on that kid.

He didn't play badly but he wasn't good at all by any means. He was very, very mediocre with the Giants.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Jon Prescription said:
He didn't play badly but he wasn't good at all by any means. He was very, very mediocre with the Giants.
How much of that would you attribute to it being his first season in North America? From the sound of things, his GF was still in the Czech Rep. and Schwarz was extremely homesick by the end of the season, and he went back as a result.

Rez

Oct 5, 2005
Lots of Soderberg hype by the Swedish posters here. I can't wait to see him in North America.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
nomoment said:
Lots of Soderberg hype by the Swedish posters here. I can't wait to see him in North America.
Thats because I think a lot of ppl aren´t giving him any credit(he played in a really great tier2-team, who would have been better than some of the SEL-teams, and he was their firstline-center), but imo he is better than both Robert Nilsson and Loui Eriksson and is the topforward born 85 in Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad