Confirmed with Link: Blues sign David Perron (4 years @ $4m)

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Just gomma bump this up because I think we need to talk about Perron a bit more. O'Reilly has gotten the attention and deserervedly so, but man this signing looks like a huge steal early. I honestly thought if Perron was just gonna br a 40-50 point player like we expected this would be a good contract. 4 mill a season for 45 points seemed more then fair. But Perron looks like a player who for the first time since his early Blues days looks like he can drive a play for a line, except he is much smarter about it now then he used to be. If he keeps playing like this I think he can match the 60-70 point production he had while on Vegas, and having that for 4 mill over 4 is an absolutely crazy bargain.

Reactions: RoarBacon

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If he keeps playing like he is this year and last year with Vegas I'll be really hoping he's not taken in the next expansion draft.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
If he keeps playing like he is this year and last year with Vegas I'll be really hoping he's not taken in the next expansion draft.

If he keeps playing like this he is gonna put us in the most awkwars position possible for the expansion.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Just wanted to again bump this one. While he was frustrating at times in the finals, I’m so glad Perron came back. 7 goals, 9 assists in the playoffs helping the team he loves so much to there first Cup is perfect. Thanks for coming back David.

Reactions: rumrokh and tomin

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
I like Perron. The penalties are the only downside besides the concussion protocol.

He's a playmaker and a sniper on a decent contract. Can't have enough of them.

Let him retire a Blue. He's earned it as long as he keeps pace the next 3 years.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
His play on the 4th goal of game 7 was insane, did all the work himself, yet still slides the puck over to Sanford for the glory. TY Perron for coming 'home', although I agree his penalties at times are frustrating, he still was very productive throughout the Playoffs. Glad he gets to raise the cup with the team he loves.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Don't hate the signing. 4mil a year for 4 years for a 40 point player isn't the worst thing in the world. It's also nice to actually have a RH player for the power play and middle 6 again also.
I'd like to change my stance on this trade, three years later this has turned into one of the best signing ever for St. Louis and Doug Armstrong.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Lets be blunt, if Perron puts up one single 66 point season here it will be shocking and make that contract unquestionably worth it.

I just expect 40-50 points of solid production, and will be perfectly fine with that.

I know this is an old post but I wanted to put a little spotlight on this particular nugget.

Obviously there have been some extenuating circumstances regarding games played but
Year #1- 46 points in 57 games(66 point pace) plus 16 points in 26 games en route to the Stanley Cup
Year #2- 60 points in 71 games(69 point pace)
Year #3(so far)- 28 points in 26 games(88 point pace)

Might be the best value UFA signing in the NHL in the last 10 years.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I know this is an old post but I wanted to put a little spotlight on this particular nugget.

Obviously there have been some extenuating circumstances regarding games played but
Year #1- 46 points in 57 games(66 point pace) plus 16 points in 26 games en route to the Stanley Cup

Agreed. If there is a better non-entry-level contract in the NHL, I'd like to see it. Incredible that Taylor Hall gets twice as much as Perron despite Perron being a more effective player overall.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Agreed. If there is a better non-entry-level contract in the NHL, I'd like to see it. Incredible that Taylor Hall gets twice as much as Perron despite Perron being a more effective player overall.
I dunno, Hall seems to be really effective at making his teams non-playoff teams that get really high draft picks as a result.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

134 points in 154 regular season games under this contract. That's a 71 point pace and his 134 points is 56th in the NHL over that time. Incredible.

25 points in 35 playoff games and his name on the Cup. Also incredible.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
At first I didn't like the signing but now as much as I like to criticize Doug Armstrong I'll give credit where it's due and that was a great signing by Army.

Going way back I didn't like Perron and was happy that he was traded so I didn't have to see his offensive zone penalties. I like Perron now and is a better player despite the David Perron special o-zone penalty. I'm glad he is in St Louis

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad