Confirmed with Link: Blues Sign 5 Year Deal with Springfield

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
So now the FL Panthers need a new affiliate? Round and round we go.

Sheesh you win a cup and your team sells out to Vegas. Bunch of losers.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Good deal. Having our prospects back in the northeastern US has it's benefits as there is less distances between teams which allows players to be on the ice more often instead of traveling to games. It's one reason the Canucks love their situation in Utica so much.

The Division opponents for Springfield include:
Hershey Bears (PA), Providence Bruins (RI), Hartford Wolfpack (CT), Charlotte Checkers (NC), Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (PA), Lehigh Valley Phantoms (PA), Bridgeport Sound tigers (CT)

So while there are still some longer trips involved, the Rampage for example other than having the Texas Stars in nearby Austin, TX were going to Des Moines, Rockford, and Chicago as their next closest opponents.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I tend to follow our AHL team because of my history with it(Peoria season ticket member growing up), and I’m pretty excited they’re gonna be in the Northeast.

The lack of travel will definitely help, and honestly, I’m just excited that they’re going to be playing a completely different schedule against historic AHL franchises that I never really have gotten to watch games of. San Antonio had basically the same schedule as Peoria and Chicago, so it’ll be nice not seeing that same set of teams 10 times a year anymore.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
If it’s in Mass. I may have to take a drive out there sometime. It’s a nice trek but it’d be cool to make a day out of it. Glad they got it sorted.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
You know my biggest issue with Chicago wasn’t even their insistence on wanting to win. In the long run with was probably a good thing for our prospects. But the way they trashed the Blues in the way out the door after having a great season in large part due to blues prospects and coaches really left a sour taste in my mouth. Here’s to hoping Springfield is a nice fit.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Guess I'll have to break out my Thunderbirds T-shirt to celebrate the news. How long, you reckon, before anyone in the St. Louis area recognizes the logo? The five-year clock is ticking.

Reactions: mk80

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Get bent, Wolves! Great news. They’re far away but that’s so rarely an issue that I don’t care very much.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad