GDT: Blues @ Sharks 11/17 @ 7:30

Jegerbest

Nov 1, 2018
You da man.

Kinda wish I'd claimed them, but I had a nice dinner w/ family back in town. Also managed to introduce them to various beers, most of which are new to me too (but they're in styles which I've experienced before).
Keep an eye out for future games.... sometimes the GF just has no desire to go so I always end up trying to give away games if they aren't sold by game day.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I am not sure how valid GSAA is but look where jones and dell sit on this chart: Goalie Stats - Corsica Hockey
Considering we are still winning games, if jones can turn that around we could really go on a run.

Yikes.

These match the eye test pretty well, too. Dell facing a ton of dangerous chances, playing decent in spite of them, above what can be expected, but still not a great basic SV%. Jones facing a ton of dangerous chances, playing even worse than can be expected, horrid basic SV%.

Delta save percentage has Jones 7th worst and Dell 15th best among 63 goaltenders with at least 100 TOI.

With that said, I do believe that the real “expected save percentage” for Jones and Dell should be even lower than it is listed as.

Reactions: Phu

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Erik Karlsson's postgame interview on TV was quite positive. Not exuberant, but positive.

Couture on radio postgame interview (some paraphrasing at some parts more than others):

- it was a lot better; defensively, we were a lot tighter, didn't give up as many odd-man rushes; we talked yesterday, really candidly with Pete, just about fixing our back, getting back to our defensive structure
- [on 53% faceoff win % as a team] I thought we were good, I thought we battled the last 4 or 5 games, we were losing more faceoffs than we were winning, so we had a little sorta meeting before the game to get back to winning more than we were losing, and I thought the guys responded to that as well
- [on Erik Karlsson] you feel good for him, it's never an easy situation when you're coming to a new team and trying to fit in, I think he handled it really well, especially being a captain and leaving a place like Ottawa; he played extremely well tonight; I thought he was up in the rush, creating offense, great pass to Kane for his goal, that's the Erik Karlsson we've seen for the past few years in this league, a premier defenceman
- I think off the rush - we've been good all year, I think, it's something we changed over the summer with our system, when we create 3-on-2s, we wanna make it harder on their d-men, create 2-on-1s on both sides of the ice
- we've been giving up _way_ too much, it's not even fair to our goaltenders to put them through that on a nightly basis, the meeting yesterday was to get back to how we've played the last 4-5 years, stifling defensively
- he's been great every time in the net for us, he's a gamer, it's not an easy job, he's doing tremendous

Reactions: Phu and ChubbChubby

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
:laugh:

He talks like I do when I think I have bad breath. Pretty much an inhale-talk when I'm within 3 feet of someone, lol.

He is a looker with an on-point wardrobe, I agree. Sharks need to put out some calendars like the firemen used to. Would destroy marriages.

Oh boy, I didn’t mean it that way when I said goodness gracious. I just meant the suit was fresh as f***. :laugh:

Reactions: Phu

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

Goodness gracious...have his tweets gotten progressively worse and smug this season, or have I just been noticing because I’ve actually been on Twitter?

BXuwV2Y.gif

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Erik Karlsson's postgame interview on TV was quite positive. Not exuberant, but positive.

Couture on radio postgame interview (some paraphrasing at some parts more than others):

- it was a lot better; defensively, we were a lot tighter, didn't give up as many odd-man rushes; we talked yesterday, really candidly with Pete, just about fixing our back, getting back to our defensive structure
- we've been giving up _way_ too much, it's not even fair to our goaltenders to put them through that on a nightly basis, the meeting yesterday was to get back to how we've played the last 4-5 years, stifling defensively

Basically, "We asked Pete to please tell the defense to let Burns and Karlsson handle the offensive stuff and Vlassic and the other defensemen need to let go the delusion that they're Paul Coffey and actually play some f***in defense." :laugh:

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Gotta give credit where its due, Deboer, what ever he changed tonight, or got his players to do that they were slacking off before on, was the right move. Not a single 2v1 or breakaway that I saw tonight, and clear as day difference in forward supporting the D. Good ****, now please I beg of you, do not let this be a one off.

from what i understand, it involved some of the players going to pete and having a sit down with him. Someone let me know if I'm misinterpreting it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad