GDT: Blues @ Senators | Yes, This Is Another GDT Edition | Thu Mar 21 2024, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
The Senators coverage in their own zone is not good. They don’t cover the opponent that is a good position to score. They are either all one side, watching the puck, or whatever.
Capuano is still the defensive coach, right? He must have a sparkling personality.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The Senators coverage in their own zone is not good. They don’t cover the opponent that is a good position to score. They are either all one side, watching the puck, or whatever.
It reminds me of 1980s WWF wrestling. Lol. It's like the Sens are the classic referee that gets distracted by something at the side of the ring and the 'villain' wrestler grabs a chair and cranks it over the other guy's head while the ref isn't looking. The whole crowd is basically screaming 'LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!' and the ref is like 'what????'
That's how it feels. Like everyone in the building can see the play unfold EXCEPT the Sens players on the ice.

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jacques quoted some of the in house stats from the game,

Corsi, 61 Sens StL 33
Zone time 6:24 Ott, 3:55 StL
Dzone rebound recoveries 70% sens, 50% StL
Screen shots 7 sens, 2 StL
Scoring chance 24 Sens, 15 StL

The two that caught my ear are Dzone Rebound recoveries and screen shots, both are the type of things you associate with getting into the dirty zones and out working the opponent.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Jacques quoted some of the in house stats from the game,

Corsi, 61 Sens StL 33
Zone time 6:24 Ott, 3:55 StL
Dzone rebound recoveries 70% sens, 50% StL
Screen shots 7 sens, 2 StL
Scoring chance 24 Sens, 15 StL

The two that caught my ear are Dzone Rebound recoveries and screen shots, both are the type of things you associate with getting into the dirty zones and out working the opponent.
How do dzone recoveries work?
If stl gave up 10 rebounds, that means stl got 5 and Ott got 5. 50%
If Ott gave up 20 rebounds, that means Ott got 14 and stl got 6. 70%
So that looks like Ott recovers more. But it also shows other things.

I just made up the numbers. Do they have a system that balances out the numbers to make it an even representation? I don't think I'm asking the question right. Hope you understand it anyway.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020

I just made up the numbers. Do they have a system that balances out the numbers to make it an even representation? I don't think I'm asking the question right. Hope you understand it anyway.
Yeah it doesn’t show number of rebounds, if our goalie gives up a lot more you better hope we are recovering a higher percentage…. But all the numbers cast light on shitty goaltending (or at least we got badly out-goalied)

Reactions: DrEasy

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Capuano is still the defensive coach, right? He must have a sparkling personality.
There is nothing Capuano can do to make Brannstrom tougher or more willing to box a player out, and there's nothing he can do to make Chychrun any smarter. You can only coach the guys you have, and he was handed the softest blue line in the NHL by a significant margin.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Yeah it doesn’t show number of rebounds, if our goalie gives up a lot more you better hope we are recovering a higher percentage…. But all the numbers cast light on shitty goaltending (or at least we got badly out-goalied)
It also means the other team is getting into position to create rebounds.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

You're assumption matches mine, but you can get a feel for potential rebounds with the shots, given we put shot them 39 to 27 it's likely the raw numbers would follow that, more opportunities for DZ rebound recoveries for StL 50% sets a max of 20, while 27 SA means at 70% DZ rebound recoveries we max out at a potential of 19, assuming every shot allows a rebound opportunity.

Natural statrick tracks rebound chances, so a DZ rebound recovery wouldn't be included

StL had 7 rebound attempts which combined with the above suggests our goalie allowed about 23 rebounds on 27 shots?

Ott had 9 rebound chances, Which suggests their goalie allowed 18 rebounds on 39 shots.

• Wow
Reactions: Loach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad