Proposal: Blues Rangers

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Can i get your take on why the Rangers would make this trade?
they wouldn't considering the age of the blues players, but if schwartz was resigned which i believe the op was indicating the value is not as lopsided as some rangers fans here are stating.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
they wouldn't considering the age of the blues players, but if schwartz was resigned which i believe the op was indicating the value is not as lopsided as some rangers fans here are stating.
[MOD]

Why would the Rangers have interest with an extended Schwartz when they already have Panarin, Kreider and Lafreniere at LW?

It’s completely lopsided and doesn’t address any of the Rangers needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018

Panarin - $11mm+ cap hit signed til 26/27
Kreider - $6.5mm cap hit signed til 27/28
Lafreniere

I just don't see a reason why Schwartz, even resigned, would move the needle at their LW position. Just don't think this would be a good fit for a trade and not well thought out by the OP.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
...if Schwartz was resigned, which i believe the OP was indicating, the value is not as lopsided as some Rangers fans here are stating.

objective 'value' is far from the point, though
there is no value, no benefit, to NYR to doing this
NYR don't have any conceivable need for 2 older, pricy wings,
NYR have Panarin, Kreider, Buchnevich, and 4 young 1st round picks, at wing, on their roster today

certainly not any incentive, in flat-cap world, to trade away lineup regulars who are on ELC's

O'Reilly,while a bit older than those wings,
as a 2-way C, good at the dot, would fit NYR way better,
but even then probably not at Kakko/Kravtsov level

NYR not Cup contenders right now, no need to pay a premium for immediate upgrade

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers aren't trading 2 RW pieces for a LW position we don't need in Schwartz who is also a UFA.
Rangers aren't trading ELC contracts for Tarasenko who only has a few years left on his contract and questionable longevity.
This puts NYR in cap hell.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
This deal reminds me of the type the Rangers made so they could win the cup in 94. The only difference is this current team is nowhere near the cup and the hope is KK and Kravtsov will be what Tarasenko once was when they are actually ready to contend.

The value might not be far off in the eyes of Blues fans (although I disagree), but when you take into account that the Rangers will likely get nothing more than a playoff berth or two from this trade (and still won't be good enough to win), that is why Rangers fans think it is highway robbery.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Tara is not what he was; he may heal further and get back to form, but that is a big if.
High production of both Strome + Buch do not justify the chance on a Tara return to form. Safer play is deal those vets for adequately ample picks.

But to ask for 2 primo blue chip prospects, elcs, that's just a huge no.

Reactions: eco's bones

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Tara is not what he was; he may heal further and get back to form, but that is a big if.
High production of both Strome + Buch do not justify the chance on a Tara return to form. Safer play is deal those vets for adequately ample picks.

1 goal so far and 2 very close goals. His shot is a laser again..just needs time to get his feet back and his precision aim back. We got plenty of time.

Reactions: bernmeister

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Even though this is lopsided in favor of the Blues, I still pass. I'm afraid I just don't want anything to do with DeAngelo.

You could literally buy him out after the season and be out of the Tarasenko contract while having two entry level contracts on players with star potential.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Defeats the purpose of pretty much everything the Rangers have been trying to accomplish the last few years. Does not make any cap sense for the Rangers either. For the Blues though that’s pretty good. They get the best years of Tarasenko and Schwartz (their 20’s) and we get the worst (their 30’s) and they get the best years of Kakko and Kravtsov (their 20’s).

Reactions: bernmeister

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

It’s not implying that Schwartz would be re-signed. There’s nothing from that post that implies that, so if that’s the case, they have to state that.

Like you said though, the age makes this an absolute non-starter for the Rangers.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Yeah, it's extremely lopsided in favor of the Blues, as a Blues fan speaking. And even if this trade was fair for both sides, I'd rather undergo spinal surgery again - this time with no anesthesia - than trade for DeAngelo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I've seen more realistic proposals from bernmeister.

OP, this is bad, and you should feel bad.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019

Go watch yesterday’s game and tell me it’s a big if that Tarasenko gets back to form. Hell just watch the first minute

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
You could literally buy him out after the season and be out of the Tarasenko contract while having two entry level contracts on players with star potential.
Armstrong doesn't buy out contracts. He sends them elsewhere. The only contract the Blues have ever bought out was Dallas Drake back in 2007. [And then he went to Detroit and won a Cup.]

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Go watch yesterday’s game and tell me it’s a big if that Tarasenko gets back to form. Hell just watch the first minute

It's not about how good he is. It's the fact that we don't want or need him at that cap hit. The same goes for Schwartz and Dunn.

We've already got Panarin, Kreider and Buchnevich as top 6 wingers, with Kakko, Lafreniere and Kravtsov all in the mix for the last spot. There's no point in adding another expensive winger. If anything, we will be looking to move one out in the near future.

Regarding Dunn, we had some interest in him at the start of the year, but that ship has sailed with the emergency of K'Andre Miller. Even if we wanted him for the 3rd pair, he isn't getting you Kakko or Kravtsov. More than likely we'll sign a vet UFA LD to fill that spot and provide competition for prospects like Robertson and Reunanen.

Reactions: cwede

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->