Blues Prospects Thread 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Yeah, didn't play the necesarry 25 games to stay a RFA (like Reinke). O well, he was a decent AHL/NHL-tweener, but we have more of those.
Yeah, I guess. He was becoming too expensive to keep around as purely a replacement player.

In Poganski’s case, “replacement-level player” is an appropriate descriptor.

That’s not a knock on him as there are likely millions of guys right now who would kill to be a true “replacement-level” forward in the NHL.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Poganski's most valuable attribute is that he is a RHS. We don't have a lot of those, especially among our forward prospects. He is also a pretty good skater. Otherwise, I didn't see anything about him that elevated him over Joshua, MacMac, DLR, or Clifford. His defensive game wasn't that great, and he didn't provide sufficient offense to compensate. I wish him well, though!

Reactions: Blueston

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Poganski's most valuable attribute is that he is a RHS. We don't have a lot of those, especially among our forward prospects. He is also a pretty good skater. Otherwise, I didn't see anything about him that elevated him over Joshua, MacMac, DLR, or Clifford. His defensive game wasn't that great, and he didn't provide sufficient offense to compensate. I wish him well, though!

I agree. Joshua and Mac are enough of that calibre player. We need to save cap room for a quality #2-4 LHD, and another Top 6 forward (assuming Tarasenko is moved at the trade deadline).

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Ideally, Krug is 2nd pairing LD. Scandella 3rd pairing LD. But I think Scandella can move up to the top four temporarily in the case of injuries, etc. It is when Krug is asked to be on the top pairing that we get in trouble.

I can't disagree, but I don't think there are an excess of 1 LD out there we can afford from either a cap or an asset standpoint.

A Tarasenko trade is definitely required to acquire a 1st pairing LD, and we seem to be at an impasse there.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I can't disagree, but I don't think there are an excess of 1 LD out there we can afford from either a cap or an asset standpoint.

A Tarasenko trade is definitely required to acquire a 1st pairing LD, and we seem to be at an impasse there.
I don't see Army has a even though process to acquire top2 or top4 LHD. He thinks Krug and Scandella good enough for those spots.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Ideally, Krug is 2nd pairing LD. Scandella 3rd pairing LD. But I think Scandella can move up to the top four temporarily in the case of injuries, etc. It is when Krug is asked to be on the top pairing that we get in trouble.
Ideally, we get a Ryan Murray/ Adam Pelech type to play with parayko.....Krug-Faulk 2nd pair and Scandella can be what Gunnarsson was for us in the cup run, 3rd pair PK and then gets top 4 minutes maybe for krug at times to protect a lead late in games.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
From Pronman re: Tanner Dickinson at last week’s WJSS:
Tanner Dickinson, C, St. Louis (United States)
I didn’t know what to expect from Dickinson, a fourth-round pick by the Blues in 2020. He missed his OHL season this past year and I wasn’t overly enamored by his play in the OHL the previous season. He was certainly a surprise in the camp in terms of his play. Dickinson showed a strong skill and compete level, making plays and winning puck battles. His game didn’t have a ton of pace, but I still think he made a strong enough case to keep him on the radar for the final team

Tanner had 3 points and 8 shots in 4 games. Dylan Peterson and Simon Robertsson were also there.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Apparently Evan Fitzpatrick has signed a 2-year AHL deal with the Charlotte Checkers.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
In the game I saw, Dickinson had a ton of pace. Quick skater and wanted to make a play when he was on the ice. Played center in the game I watched.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
In the game I saw, Dickinson had a ton of pace. Quick skater and wanted to make a play when he was on the ice. Played center in the game I watched.

I've said it a couple of times already, but he's the most 'under the radar' prospect we have. All he had to do is add (a lot) of bulk to his frame, and apparantly he's done so. Really looking forward what he will do next season with the Greyhounds.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I've said it a couple of times already, but he's the most 'under the radar' prospect we have. All he had to do is add (a lot) of bulk to his frame, and apparantly he's done so. Really looking forward what he will do next season with the Greyhounds.
I’m starting to think Loof could be even more under the radar. He moves really well, similar skater to Nate Schmidt. And seems pretty under control with the puck, gonna watch him more though

Reactions: Memento

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I’m starting to think Loof could be even more under the radar. He moves really well, similar skater to Nate Schmidt. And seems pretty under control with the puck, gonna watch him more though
Peters really liked his play this week: “Of all the Swedish defensemen, I thought Lööf had the most consistent tournament. He was physical, solid defensively and gave good minutes to Sweden. He dished out some strong checks, won his share of battles and moved pucks decently well. Lööf finished camp without registering a point, but I think he had a positive influence on his team overall.”

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Peters really liked his play this week: “Of all the Swedish defensemen, I thought Lööf had the most consistent tournament. He was physical, solid defensively and gave good minutes to Sweden. He dished out some strong checks, won his share of battles and moved pucks decently well. Lööf finished camp without registering a point, but I think he had a positive influence on his team overall.”
Could be a future gunnarsson type hopefully.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
That's exactly who I'd compare Loof to - and for a third round pick, I think that's a good pick.
I know nothing of Loof, but I haven't heard anything necessarily negative. I hope he can really have a great year this year or maybe even challenge a spot, though I suspect he will need at least another year or 2 in Europe

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
H
That's exactly who I'd compare Loof to - and for a third round pick, I think that's a good pick.

He is far more physical in the three games I saw him play last week, then Gunner. He has more of and Eddy vibe. Plays the body a lot.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad