Blues Prospects Thread 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I remember when we were perplexed why Tarasenko was getting 4th line minutes when his KHL team was in the playoffs, despite the fact that he was a goal scoring threat. It sounds like Kostin was a major contributor during this playoff run. This should give him a lot of confidence. I hope he can translate this into North American success. The Blues could really use a prospect making a surprise splash in the forward pool.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Per Jim Thomas the other day, Blues have his Visa ready to go. Selfishly I want him to come over now. But his team just won the championship and some celebration may be in order before he jumps on a plane.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Per Jim Thomas the other day, Blues have his Visa ready to go. Selfishly I want him to come over now. But his team just won the championship and some celebration may be in order before he jumps on a plane.
Even if they get him on a plane on Saturday, after a celebration, he could still conceivably play in the second game in Vegas or the game in LA, in addition to the two games wrapping up the regular season at home against the Wild. That said, its hard to see a path to him getting into the lineup given that he's going to have to displace someone like Sanford (I know) or Blais and jump in front of guys like Clifford and MacMac, so he may just be coming here to be one of the Black Aces.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
99 hits in 24 playoff games for Kostin, more than twice as many as the runner-up at that category.
giphy.gif

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I've got confidence that Kostin will get a look before the playoffs (after quarantine) and may get injected into the lineup for a few games during the playoffs over Blais/Clifford etc (not sure where Kostin slots in hand wise) as a bottom 6 energy player if Berube wants a different look.

What I'd really like to see is him getting a look in a middle 6 capacity in training camp next season.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
He’s a Sunny clone with a little more scoring ability. I’m not sure I’m correct, but that’s my take.
I don’t know how we can view him that way when his biggest criticisms have been a lack of hockey sense and that’s Sundqvist’s hallmark. They may have the potential with some shared physical attributes, but I need to see Kostin’s growth in the mental part of the game before I get excited. I wasn’t able to see any of the KHL play.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

This was a great read, thanks for posting!

Tim Taylor (director of Blues player development) was just raving about Kostin's playoff performance in particular and Kostin's overall development this season in general.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Val

Jan 19, 2021
I don’t know how we can view him that way when his biggest criticisms have been a lack of hockey sense and that’s Sundqvist’s hallmark. They may have the potential with some shared physical attributes, but I need to see Kostin’s growth in the mental part of the game before I get excited. I wasn’t able to see any of the KHL play.
He's really beast :thumbu:
Amazing when he came in the middle of the KHL season, he was the worst player in AVG. Bob Hartley revived his career. Before the playoff Kostin became a first line player. Then AVG won the cup and Kostin is one of the best in champ team. He was bright forward, crusher, goon and soul of team
Good luck Klim in NHL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad