Blues Prospects Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I thought Perunovich played mostly RD as a lefty. Wonder how good he is on his "off" side. Would be funny to see a pairing of LD (RHD) Faulk and RD (LHD) Perunovich.

Minnesota-Duluth's 3 best defenseman where all lefties (Wolff, Samberg, Perunovich). Perunovich played a lot of games on RD because of the 3 he was best at it (and M-D lacked a good natural RD). Prior to last season he mostly played on the left side, which is his natural spot. But if needed, I guess he can play his offside with Springfield / The Blues.

I think having Faulk paired with a rookie would be even worse than having him paired with Dunn. Dunn's defensive mistakes are frequent, highlighting why I think Faulk is going to be even worse as a mentor to pair with a rookie Perunovich.

Faulk with rookie Perunovich sounds like a recipe for disaster (I'd rather pair Perunovich with Pietrangelo, IF he shows he's up to it in pre-season). I don't mind pairing Faulk up with 'rookie' Mikkola.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Perunovich has the same problem Dunn has
Petro, Parayko, and Faulk all play much better with a steady defensive partner
all seem to get caught in between their offensive instincts and worrying about covering for their partner when he is an offensive player and thus are more tentative
Gunny, Scandela, and Mikkola seem like good matches for the three right handers
the only problem is that makes us one sided and easier to game plan for

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I think having Faulk paired with a rookie would be even worse than having him paired with Dunn. Dunn's defensive mistakes are frequent, highlighting why I think Faulk is going to be even worse as a mentor to pair with a rookie Perunovich.

Oh believe me, I wouldn't think it a good idea to pair Faulk & Perunovich. But seeing two guys partnered with each other and both playing their "off"-sides would be a hockey-version of spotting Bigfoot. It just doesn't happen. Can you imagine two defensemen sending each other back-hand passes up the ice? It would be OK for firing one-timers from the point, but the rest of the time it would be awkward and amusing.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I know we don’t have much in the JRs this year. But Michel has been putting up some point for Val dOr. Only preseason, but...

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Kostin has been assigned to the KHL. He can still come back to play in the US when the season starts.

just good for him to get on the ice.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
As theQ is the only league playing right now, do you think it will effect some of the prospect and when/where they are drafted. Especially if you feel the season is a loss

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Surprised to see that he agreed to go.
Well, this is good for him. Gets games played while in NA there is no games. He comes ready in NA when season starts if it starts.

Even in here Finland we've after 2 regular season games one team is already in quarantine + one section of audience are exposed. Note how strict our policy about covid-19 has been since start of this pandemia and looks like we cant manage to handle it.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Well, this is good for him. Gets games played while in NA there is no games. He comes ready in NA when season starts if it starts.

Even in here Finland we've after 2 regular season games one team is already in quarantine + one section of audience are exposed. Note how strict our policy about covid-19 has been since start of this pandemia and looks like we cant manage to handle it.
Oh, I 100% agree. I was just saying I was surprised he agreed after how vocal he was about wanting to play in NA and only NA when he was drafted.

Reactions: Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Oh, I 100% agree. I was just saying I was surprised he agreed after how vocal he was about wanting to play in NA and only NA when he was drafted.
I guess he matured. Thinking bigger picture. If NHL folds coming season players who doesnt have big payday contract will come to europe.

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
2020 NHL organizational rankings: No. 20 St. Louis Blues

Pronman has the Blues at 20 in his organizational ratings, which I think seems about right. Hopefully the Blues are able to add some higher tier prospects this year because the cupboard is getting a bit thin. I'd love for the Blues to get their hands on another first, but don't know how they'd do that short of trading someone like Dunn.

20th in prospect rankings seems way too high for me! Cory Pronman ranked Robert Thomas as a "prospect" because he changed the criteria and allowed NHL graduates(depending on age) to be included in the prospect pool group. THOMAS' talent boosted us artificially high in this years ranking .I see a pretty slim group-definitely between 26-30 for I would say .It's the price DA paid -recent trading of early round draft picks- to win the Stanley Cup. I am so happy he did! I'm die-hard Blues fan since 1970. Thanks Doug! No complains from me about the state of our prospect pool.It is well worth it.
P.S, DO NOT trade Dunn unless it's for a top 5 pick. He is too valuable

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
Minnesota-Duluth's 3 best defenseman where all lefties (Wolff, Samberg, Perunovich). Perunovich played a lot of games on RD because of the 3 he was best at it (and M-D lacked a good natural RD). Prior to last season he mostly played on the left side, which is his natural spot. But if needed, I guess he can play his offside with Springfield / The Blues.

Faulk with rookie Perunovich sounds like a recipe for disaster (I'd rather pair Perunovich with Pietrangelo, IF he shows he's up to it in pre-season). I don't mind pairing Faulk up with 'rookie' Mikkola.

The trade for and extension of Scandella-regardless of LH/RH- increases the likelihood of Perunovich starting the year in Springfield. The last thing Armstrong/Berube do is rush a top-prospect defenseman. I see Mikkola making a strong bid for a place in the top six.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Army should hold on 2021 1st round pick that could be top10 pick.

The 2020 Blues nearly win the President’s trophy with Tarasenko missing most of the year. This Pietrangelo guy must be the greatest player who ever lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->