Blues Prospects Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
He's still draft eligible, which explains why Columbus couldn't sign him last year. He plays wing on the Laferriere line. Speaking of, it seems Laferriere's got the message when he was healthy scratched a while ago due to bad play. Small sample size here, but from what I've seen he's been a lot better.
Maybe this happens all the time and I just never noticed, but how is undrafted but draft eligible player allowed to be invited to a pro training camp? As you pointed out, it's not like they can sign him so why is this even allowed?

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Maybe this happens all the time and I just never noticed, but how is undrafted but draft eligible player allowed to be invited to a pro training camp? As you pointed out, it's not like they can sign him so why is this even allowed?

It happens now and then. Xavier Simoneau, undrafted last year, for example went to Toronto's training camp. Usually most teams invite a couple of undrafted bodies for prospect camp.

Why would teams do it? I guess they might've been interested in a player, but not enough to spend a draftpick on. So invite them to get to know them better and if he improves draft him next year? Dunno otherwise.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There is a window after draft you can sign undrafted players. Flyers got Philippe Myers that way. If not signed by certain date they go back into draft.

Reactions: OSA

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
There is a window after draft you can sign undrafted players. Flyers got Philippe Myers that way. If not signed by certain date they go back into draft.

Ow, wow... I didn't know that. I'm surprised it doesn't happens more often.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
More on Sokolov

Lit up the Russian U-17 with 41 goals / 73 points in only 32 games and wasn't far behind those totals the season before. This is large kid who simple can wire the puck. No hesitation, pick a spot, and the cannon fires. Was part of the Russian World Junior team that showed poorly in the Under-18 World Junior. He was given strong linemates, a nice pair of distributing defensemen, and he had only one goal to show for the bevy of shots he took. Was used as a power play guy based on his shot. The problem is that is this pony has only one trick; he really has trouble moving his feet and being a 200 foot player. I am not sure if he will garnish enough attention for a team to jump up and spend a few seasons working the heavy boot issues out.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
So perunovich has over double the PIMs in about half the amount of games his first two seasons. Anyone watching notice a difference in his game this year?

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
So perunovich has over double the PIMs in about half the amount of games his first two seasons. Anyone watching notice a difference in his game this year?
He had 2 games with 15 penalty minutes, one being a 5 minute major and the other facemasking, along with a game misconduct, like 4 coincidental minors with the other team, and a weird faceoff violation. I guess if you want to remove those extreme cases/coincidentals, he has 20 pim. He's probably playing with more confidence and has something to prove, so he might be a bit chippier. I wouldn't worry about those pims though, he's still raking in the points and is a plus player on a somewhat weak team offensively. They were rank 10 in their conference and just jumped to 6th, so that's good to see.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
He had 2 games with 15 penalty minutes, one being a 5 minute major and the other facemasking, along with a game misconduct, like 4 coincidental minors with the other team, and a weird faceoff violation. I guess if you want to remove those extreme cases/coincidentals, he has 20 pim. He's probably playing with more confidence and has something to prove, so he might be a bit chippier. I wouldn't worry about those pims though, he's still raking in the points and is a plus player on a somewhat weak team offensively. They were rank 10 in their conference and just jumped to 6th, so that's good to see.
He's a feisty smurf! The next Tory Krug!Lol!

Reactions: Mike Liut

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Some updates:

Tyler Tucker had a nice game. 2 goals and an assist with the Firebirds against the Generals. Firebirds have a 10-game winningstreak now, which is a franchise record.

Matthias Laferriere played against the Voltigeurs and scored 2 goals. After he started the season with an injury and picked up his game very slow (and even got scratched a game) he's back on track. He centers the Eagles 1st line and meshes really well with RW Igor Sokolov.

Washkurak had 2 assists against the Frontenacs. Since he came back after his injury he's centering the Steelheads 2nd line. I really would like to see what he could do if they put him back on their 1st line with Schwindt and, my favorite potential midround draftpick, James Hardie, who has been destroying the league the last 2 months.

Jeremy Michel is a weird one. He's at -23 right now, which is the worst on his team. The 2nd worst is at -12.

Former Blues prospect David Noël will play USports next season.

Last edited:

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Anyone else noticed that Washkurak looks like Sunny and Bozie's love child?
Screenshot_20200214-222534.png

Reactions: JoshFromMO

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
He also plays for the Mississauga Steelheads, not the Oshawa Generals. Sure you’ve got the right kid?

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
He also plays for the Mississauga Steelheads, not the Oshawa Generals. Sure you’ve got the right kid?

That's (a very young) Washkurak. He played for the Oshawa Generals U15 before he was drafted by the Steelheads.

8481667.jpg

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Record setting day for Tyler Tucker in a demolition of Sarnia

2G 5A and +8
What a find that kid was in the 7th round. Whoever scouted this kid should get a nice bonus from the Blues. Or at least pop for a SCC ring for them.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Record setting day for Tyler Tucker in a demolition of Sarnia

2G 5A and +8
I just realized that he isn't even under contract yet. We have 46/50 contracts slots used this season (49/50 when you include the three players that are sliding this season - they won't be able to next season) so my guess is Army is waiting until after the TDL to sort this out, but the kid is earning a lot more cash for his ELC if he keeps this up.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I just realized that he isn't even under contract yet. We have 46/50 contracts slots used this season (49/50 when you include the three players that are sliding this season - they won't be able to next season) so my guess is Army is waiting until after the TDL to sort this out, but the kid is earning a lot more cash for his ELC if he keeps this up.
There are some minor leaguers whose rights we can let go to sign him, Perunovich, and McCing.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
There are some minor leaguers whose rights we can let go to sign him, Perunovich, and McCing.
Doesn't help that the Blues don't have a minor league affiliate either. Hopefully they can hurry up and get one not named Chicago. As far as players we could let go, I'm sure Lappin and LaLeggia are gone, so that's 44 contracts, I guess if you sign those 3, you're at 47, and I'm sure if we make a deadline deal, we end up moving a prospect or two and free up a few more spots. I think we'll be ok for next year given we have a team in the AHL.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Doesn't help that the Blues don't have a minor league affiliate either. Hopefully they can hurry up and get one not named Chicago. As far as players we could let go, I'm sure Lappin and LaLeggia are gone, so that's 44 contracts, I guess if you sign those 3, you're at 47, and I'm sure if we make a deadline deal, we end up moving a prospect or two and free up a few more spots. I think we'll be ok for next year given we have a team in the AHL.
You also have to account for the ELC slides for Alexandrov, Laferierre and Hofer that will not be available next season, which is why I suggested that the real starting point is actually 49. You are right, though, that moving on from Lappin and LaLeggia will free up two slots, bringing them back to 47.

I’m not sure McGing is a lock, but Tucker and Perunovich should be. Hopefully we have to save a slot for our 1st round pick, too, unless they pick someone going the college route.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
While we’re waiting around to see if we sign Tucker (who should absolutely be signed), Glenn Gawdin was recalled by the Flames today. Gawdin was (arguably) the last casualty of our last AHL impasse. If a prospect knows they won’t get a chance, they have no reason to sign with the team that drafted them, even if they’re late-round picks. If there’s no team for them to go to, why would they sign? Arguably, the same goes for guys like Perunovich and McGing.

We’re going to toss away valuable draft picks bc we don’t have anywhere to put them. And if we go to Chicago, there won’t be additional contract spots, bc even if we lose Lallegia and Lappin, they are demanding 3-4 year contracts for AHL all-stars, so we won’t have any space for the guys we draft, barring very unlikely trades. Might as well just package all of our post-2nd rounders for a single asset; if we draft even 3 people under those circumstances, there won’t be room to sign all of them. We’re screwed

Reactions: ezcreepin

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
You also have to account for the ELC slides for Alexandrov, Laferierre and Hofer that will not be available next season, which is why I suggested that the real starting point is actually 49. You are right, though, that moving on from Lappin and LaLeggia will free up two slots, bringing them back to 47.

I’m not sure McGing is a lock, but Tucker and Perunovich should be. Hopefully we have to save a slot for our 1st round pick, too, unless they pick someone going the college route.
How do those slides work? I'm guessing that's why we're sitting at 46 instead of 49, but is it because they're AHL eligible or no? Also, I have to imagine that the Blues will probably trade one of the goalies they have in the system considering how well Hofer has done and Fitz has been pretty bad. Unless they decide to trade Allen, I can't see Husso starting the year with the Blues next season. There are going to be some tough decisions next year, and I'm going to guess there will be some pretty sizable turnover on the defense in the A, and a few on the forward position. I just don't know who the Blues value on that team and whether or not they are going to keep as many players if they have to affiliate with Chicago.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
While we’re waiting around to see if we sign Tucker (who should absolutely be signed), Glenn Gawdin was recalled by the Flames today. Gawdin was (arguably) the last casualty of our last AHL impasse. If a prospect knows they won’t get a chance, they have no reason to sign with the team that drafted them, even if they’re late-round picks. If there’s no team for them to go to, why would they sign? Arguably, the same goes for guys like Perunovich and McGing.

We’re going to toss away valuable draft picks bc we don’t have anywhere to put them. And if we go to Chicago, there won’t be additional contract spots, bc even if we lose Lallegia and Lappin, they are demanding 3-4 year contracts for AHL all-stars, so we won’t have any space for the guys we draft, barring very unlikely trades. Might as well just package all of our post-2nd rounders for a single asset; if we draft even 3 people under those circumstances, there won’t be room to sign all of them. We’re screwed
Isn’t there a limit how many vets AHL team can dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad