Blues Prospects Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Keean Washkurak game on NHL Network Saturday afternoon.
Thank you for the heads up!

Was only able to catch the second half of the third period. Obviously a very limited viewing, but Washkurak did stand out in a positive way. Had a very strong back check to help break up a 3-on-1. Also went to the net hard a couple times, which is always good to see. But the Steelheads ended up getting shutout and were never able to generate much offensive pressure.

He’s been pretty mediocre. There was some hope that he would take off and be a scorer/point-producer this year, but it just hasn’t happened
To be fair, it seems like his entire team has been struggling this year so far. Still, you'd definitely like to see more offensive production from Washkurak.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
To be fair, it seems like his entire team has been struggling this year so far. Still, you'd definitely like to see more offensive production from Washkurak.

Very fair. He definitely deserves some “extra credit” to account for his poor team, in the same way that Dellandrea’s stats weren’t outstanding on Flint a few years ago, but he ended up going in the top 20. Still, if Washkurak had an elite skill set, you would expect to see him carry the team on his back a bit more often. I don’t see that from him.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Very fair. He definitely deserves some “extra credit” to account for his poor team, in the same way that Dellandrea’s stats weren’t outstanding on Flint a few years ago, but he ended up going in the top 20. Still, if Washkurak had an elite skill set, you would expect to see him carry the team on his back a bit more often. I don’t see that from him.

He doesn’t have elite skills. But he just has a motor. Reminds me of Tyson Nash/Danton type player. Finish his checks generally gets under the skin of the other team.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Scott Perunovich seems to be having a really good season. He has 17 points in 11 games. Leading NCAA defenseman in PPG.

Update... In his next game he added another 3 assists to his total. Now he's at 20 points in 12 games. Leading the NCAA in points by a defenceman. Second (behind Vegas' Jack Dugan) in the entire NCAA on PPG.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Update... In his next game he added another 3 assists to his total. Now he's at 20 points in 12 games. Leading the NCAA in points by a defenceman. Second (behind Vegas' Jack Dugan) in the entire NCAA on PPG.
Next highest point leaders on his team are 12, 8, and 10. Perunovich has 18 assists, and next highest is 6 assists; that’s nuts.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I didn't like the Perunovich pick but he's certainly making me eat my words. 20 points in 12 games in the NCAA is outstanding, especially considering the lack of star power on his team. Hopefully he can translate his game to the NHL as we'll need help on the left side quite soon with Bouwmeester/Gunnarsson aging.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I hope Perunovich doesn't go to free agency, but honestly he'd be stupid not to.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I hope Perunovich doesn't go to free agency, but honestly he'd be stupid not to.
Sorry but this is bad take. He couldn't get more money in FA. He could sign here this spring and actually burn first year of ELC. Plus we are a top franchise.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Sorry but this is bad take. He couldn't get more money in FA. He could sign here this spring and actually burn first year of ELC. Plus we are a top franchise.

Yes, he could burn a year of his ELC, but there's no guarantee that he'd be pulling down an NHL salary any time soon with the Blues. If we waited to go to UFA, he'd probably have his pick of teams and could negotiate higher bonuses. Hell, he could even still sign with the Blues if he wanted.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Not our prospect anymore, but if Bokk continues at his current pace, he’ll finish the season with 9 points, less than half of his total last year with Vaxjo. I was curious if moving to Rogle would allow him to fulfill his potential, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Maybe Army knew something that other teams didn’t when we traded him to CAR. Just a brutal season for him.

Reactions: Blueston

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Yes, he could burn a year of his ELC, but there's no guarantee that he'd be pulling down an NHL salary any time soon with the Blues. If we waited to go to UFA, he'd probably have his pick of teams and could negotiate higher bonuses. Hell, he could even still sign with the Blues if he wanted.
We still own Perunovichs rights.... we didn’t draft him going into his freshman year, we drafted him going into his sophomore year. He will be ours this offseason and sign his ELC

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
We still own Perunovichs rights.... we didn’t draft him going into his freshman year, we drafted him going into his sophomore year. He will be ours this offseason and sign his ELC
The concern is after next season, not this season. He's just a junior this year. But yeah, we can still sign him after next season, but then he could go ufa. If he returns for his senior year, that could be an indication that he wants to go ufa.

Last edited:

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The concern is after next season, not this season. He's just a junior this year. But yeah, we can still sign him after next season, but then he could go ufa. If he returns for his senior year, that could be an indication that he wants to go ufa.
Gotcha, I thought we’d still own his rights since it wasn’t before his fresh year. Don’t we get 4 years of owning his rights?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Gotcha, I thought we’d still own his rights since it wasn’t before his fresh year. Don’t we get 4 years of owning his rights?
Nah, just through graduation - there’s no set number of years. Here’s the rule from the CBA:

(i) If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college student at the time of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide college student prior to the first June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, and remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the August 15 following the graduation of his college class. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Nah, just through graduation - there’s no set number of years. Here’s the rule from the CBA:

(i) If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college student at the time of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide college student prior to the first June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, and remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the August 15 following the graduation of his college class. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.
Bona fide lol

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Don’t like that rule at all. That means a player can just finish out his college career and be a FA and sign anywhere he wants?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Don’t like that rule at all. That means a player can just finish out his college career and be a FA and sign anywhere he wants?
Yeah. It’s happened quite a bit recently. Jimmy Vesey, Justin Schultz, Adam Fox etc.

EDIT:Maybe not Fox. Doesn’t look like he graduated.

Reactions: Mike Liut

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Since starting off slow, Washkurak has 11 points in 12 games since the start of November. I know not burner numbers, but it's nice to see him start to get it going. I'm not sure what to expect from him, but everyone says he has NHL potential so we'll see.

Tucker is over a point per game, so that's nice to see, I haven't seen him play, so I can't comment on the defensive side.

Walman has had a resurgence point wise this year after being so-so for the past couple of years. Poganski looks good as well.

Perunovich is tearing up the NCAA, leading all defensemen with 20 points in 13 games. McGing is on pace for his exact point totals from last year and the year prior, ~30 points on the year in 36-37 games played. I don't know whether to ignore McGing because of his production (I dont have access to watch the games) or if I should still be excited to see him in the A. I suspect he will play better in the minors because there will be better players for him to be with, but if he was driving the play, I would expect him to be leading his team in points, which he's not. His team is pretty meh, top 25 in the country it looks like, with a goal differential of 0.36. They are scoring in the top 20 in the country, but are allowing too many goals as well. There's not enough information to really say anything about him.

Joel Hofer is playing like a god right now, so we'll see how that translates to the AHL. Everyone else is kind of underwhelming. Kostin is hurt, Kyrou is doing Kyrou things, Reinke is a point per game, the usual stuff. If anyone else has anything to offer, I'd be interested to hear!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Since starting off slow, Washkurak has 11 points in 12 games since the start of November. I know not burner numbers, but it's nice to see him start to get it going. I'm not sure what to expect from him, but everyone says he has NHL potential so we'll see.

Tucker is over a point per game, so that's nice to see, I haven't seen him play, so I can't comment on the defensive side.

Walman has had a resurgence point wise this year after being so-so for the past couple of years. Poganski looks good as well.

Perunovich is tearing up the NCAA, leading all defensemen with 20 points in 13 games. McGing is on pace for his exact point totals from last year and the year prior, ~30 points on the year in 36-37 games played. I don't know whether to ignore McGing because of his production (I dont have access to watch the games) or if I should still be excited to see him in the A. I suspect he will play better in the minors because there will be better players for him to be with, but if he was driving the play, I would expect him to be leading his team in points, which he's not. His team is pretty meh, top 25 in the country it looks like, with a goal differential of 0.36. They are scoring in the top 20 in the country, but are allowing too many goals as well. There's not enough information to really say anything about him.

Joel Hofer is playing like a god right now, so we'll see how that translates to the AHL. Everyone else is kind of underwhelming. Kostin is hurt, Kyrou is doing Kyrou things, Reinke is a point per game, the usual stuff. If anyone else has anything to offer, I'd be interested to hear!
Not a prospect, but Jaskin is at 33 points in 32 games leading his team in goals in the KHL. I wonder if he'll play a couple of years in the KHL and then attempt a return. Maybe Seattle? Ty Rattie is also in Russia now, not doing nearly as well though. Seems his career highlight is going to be leading the preseason in scoring while playing with McDavid and having Oilers fans project him for 50 points a couple years ago.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad