Blues Prospects Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Jeremy Michel was the 17th pick in the first round of his junior entry draft - another Bill Armstrong late round steal??

He got an assist and a goal the last game. In the other 7 games he played this season he got just one goal and an assist. So he doubled his points in game 8. If he's actually a steal he isn't really showing it yet. Laferriere and Tucker on the other hand looked more promising. Unfortunatly Laferierre is injured ATM and Tucker is banned for a couple of games.

In other news, Dominik Bokk had a terrible start of the season. I know it's still early and we can't call him a bust yet, but yeah... he's heading straight for bustville ATM. Adding him to the Faulk trade might've been very wise, seeing he might lose value very quickly if he continues to regress.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Interesting that Kyrou was sent back to SA but still not playing. Would think he would stay with big club until he was ready to play.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Interesting that Kyrou was sent back to SA but still not playing. Would think he would stay with big club until he was ready to play.
Might be that he's healthy enough to practice, and since he won't be playing in the NHL, it's better to get him practice with the guys he'll be playing with after a long layoff

Blues0307

May 25, 2009
St. Louis
Alexandrov off to a pretty good start this season with 8 goals and 7 assists in 11 games. Sounds like Rangers D prospect Zac Jones is turning heads for UMass. I was really hoping we were going to draft that kid in the 2nd round. Fluid skater who sees the ice well. May become the steal of the draft.

Reactions: shpongle falls

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Just about every prospect is off to a good start this season. It’s a thin stable without a ton of upside, but they’re making the most of their shot.

Additionally, it looks like CBC / AAA Blues alum Jakub Dobes is off to a ridiculously hot start in NAHL Topeka as a 17 year old. He was at prospects camp earlier in the summer. We’ve got our eyes on him, so I hope we can maybe snag him next June.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'm hoping to hear about Kyrou getting back into action soon. He was PPG or close to it in the AHL before that injury. From a Blues perspective he may not be relevant just yet but I'm hoping somewhere before midseason he's looking like a legit call up.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Just about every prospect is off to a good start this season. It’s a thin stable without a ton of upside, but they’re making the most of their shot.

Additionally, it looks like CBC / AAA Blues alum Jakub Dobes is off to a ridiculously hot start in NAHL Topeka as a 17 year old. He was at prospects camp earlier in the summer. We’ve got our eyes on him, so I hope we can maybe snag him next June.
Dobes is 18. And he actually went to DeSmet.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Oh hahahaha!!

I was a public school schlub.

Protestant in a Catholic neighborhood.

The advantage was that our class size was tiny because most of the kids in my area went to CBC, Vianney, Cor Jesu and Ursuline.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I know he’s not ours anymore, but what is going on with Bokk? He’s 1+1 in 17 games, on pace for about 6 points in the same amount of games last year, in which he had 23 points.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I know he’s not ours anymore, but what is going on with Bokk? He’s 1+1 in 17 games, on pace for about 6 points in the same amount of games last year, in which he had 23 points.

Playing on Rogle's 4th line averaging 10-ish minutes per game. Second year in a row he's regressed. I think Army already had an idea there was a good chance he's going to bust, which is why he wasn't at our trainingcamp and why he was added to the Faulk trade. Possibly a smart move to trade Bokk instead of Kyrou/Kostin/Alexandrov.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Idk..... but talk about impeccable timing for a trade
I think the Blues scouting were less enthused about his chances of making his ceiling than they were at the draft. I hope he pulls it together, but I think there’s a good chance he never becomes an NHL player and the trade value was pretty nice for St Louis. But he’s still very young, so maybe it turns around.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think the Blues scouting were less enthused about his chances of making his ceiling than they were at the draft. I hope he pulls it together, but I think there’s a good chance he never becomes an NHL player and the trade value was pretty nice for St Louis. But he’s still very young, so maybe it turns around.
Outside of Bishop, I cant think of anyone the Blues traded away who went on to become an impact player.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Outside of Bishop, I cant think of anyone the Blues traded away who went on to become an impact player.
It’s thankfully been a while. Of guys we’ve picked in The last 20 years, Ellis and Soderberg are really the only other prospects we’ve dealt that went on to have significant careers. Neither is a star but that Soderberg deal was fairly ugly.

Reactions: Dbrownss

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I would personally consider Lars Eller an impact player as a solid 35 point player, great PKer, and solid defensive presence. He’s the kind of guy you need on a winning team, though hardly a star player.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would personally consider Lars Eller an impact player as a solid 35 point player, great PKer, and solid defensive presence. He’s the kind of guy you need on a winning team, though hardly a star player.
Yea I forgot about him and dont disagree but he's a glue guy. Someone you wish you didnt give up, buts it's not a Forsberg level guy

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad