Blues Prospects Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
oh it worked out great in the end.... I just think farabee is gonna be a very good player and wish lehteras contract/ terrible 17-18 didn’t cost us the extra pick
But they didn’t. Bad year only made it higher. But that also prompted us to remake team and led to ROR and that helped to Cup. And bc we bailed on the season we got pick to draft Bokk who we used for Faulk. So again it worked out.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
But they didn’t. Bad year only made it higher. But that also prompted us to remake team and led to ROR and that helped to Cup. And bc we bailed on the season we got pick to draft Bokk who we used for Faulk. So again it worked out.
Lehteras contract is why we had to include the extra pick, if it wasn’t, we probly could’ve snagged schenn for the 1st and maybe a small plus, 17-18 goes the exact same way but we keep the farabee pick in the end, would’ve been really nice.
We’re still obviously in a great spot, but farabee will probly bectge first real impact spec/pick we’ve moved out in a long time

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Lehteras contract is why we had to include the extra pick, if it wasn’t, we probly could’ve snagged schenn for the 1st and maybe a small plus, 17-18 goes the exact same way but we keep the farabee pick in the end, would’ve been really nice.
We’re still obviously in a great spot, but farabee will probly bectge first real impact spec/pick we’ve moved out in a long time
There is no evidence this is true. 2 1s were fir Schenn. Lehtera added to make cap work. Idea that we paid extra 1st to dump Lehtera is fiction.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah Lehtera definitely had negative value. Philly didn’t just let the Blues add him to make the cap work. They needed an incentive to take him because his contract sucked so much.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
There is no evidence this is true. 2 1s were fir Schenn. Lehtera added to make cap work. Idea that we paid extra 1st to dump Lehtera is fiction.
Honestly, Lehtera’s contract had negative value, but it’s not written anywhere that the 1st has to be kept as a discrete sum applied to only Lehtera’s contract or Schenn. Why is anyone arguing either side of that false dichotomy?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I’m still upset with Brind’Amour deal.
Me too! Stupid, knee jerk trade caused by the Scott Stevens fiasco. It was a double whammy for me, as I have always loved Ron Sutter, but hated the trade that brought him here. Murray Baron, whom I would argue was the real target of the trade, was awful. Stupid stupid trade!

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Me too! Stupid, knee jerk trade caused by the Scott Stevens fiasco. It was a double whammy for me, as I have always loved Ron Sutter, but hated the trade that brought him here. Murray Baron, whom I would argue was the real target of the trade, was awful. Stupid stupid trade!
One of our worst trades ever. Idea that Baron could replace Stevens is as laughable now as it was then. I always figured we mostly wanted Sutter given he was coach's brother.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
One of our worst trades ever. Idea that Baron could replace Stevens is as laughable now as it was then. I always figured we mostly wanted Sutter given he was coach's brother.

I loved Brian Sutter, but yeah, you’re right. Or how bout trading a first rd pick for brother Richie? And a few months later Pittsburgh trades a second rd pick for Joe Mullen. Somebody tell me how that sounds right? Have to blame ownership for allowing Sutter to override Ron Caron. Ronnie had the blueprint in place but ownership started sticking their hands in the cookie jar. The Butcher infatuation Sutter had was another one.

Reactions: Blueston

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Blues sent 12 players to the Rampage. Only surprise to me was Kostin. While Mac Mac makes he team.

This will be one of those character moments. Does he embrace the challenge and work his way back up by playing the way he has the last few weeks or does he let the disappointment shape his season.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Blues sent 12 players to the Rampage. Only surprise to me was Kostin. While Mac Mac makes he team.

This will be one of those character moments. Does he embrace the challenge and work his way back up by playing the way he has the last few weeks or does he let the disappointment shape his season.
I would think Kostin got some detailed feedback including praise for his progress.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

MacMac is going to be the 14th forward. Kostin needs to play no matter what league he’s in. It would only make sense to keep him on the NHL roster if he’s going to consistently be in the lineup. Makes no sense to keep him as 13th/14th forward at his age and with plenty he can work on while playing with the Rampage.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
MacMac is going to be the 14th forward. Kostin needs to play no matter what league he’s in. It would only make sense to keep him on the NHL roster if he’s going to consistently be in the lineup. Makes no sense to keep him as 13th/14th forward at his age and with plenty he can work on while playing with the Rampage.

The battle now could be between Fabbri and Kostin. If Robbie starts slow and Kostin's hot the rambunctious Russian might get the call.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The battle now could be between Fabbri and Kostin. If Robbie starts slow and Kostin's hot the rambunctious Russian might get the call.

Unless there’s an injury, they’d need to put someone on waivers to call up Kostin. I doubt they’d do that, at least this early in the season. If Fabbri falters I’d expect them to just insert Sanford into the lineup instead.

If after a while though, none of Fabs, Sanford or Mac play well enough to grab that role then maybe they look to Kostin (or Kyrou if he’s back up to speed by then) but I would think they’d give the current healthy scratch guys shots first before Kostin or Kyrou.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Kostin with an assist
Alexandrov no points, but was top playe on Thursday and had a goal
Washkuruk (sp). 1g 1a

Tucker and Lafrierere did play.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Perunovich at #15 on the Hockey News Top 100 college players

I respect Kennedy’s take on a lot of things, but this is a bad list. He acknowledges that it’s heavy on 2019 draft class players (“because new is fun” ... come on), and drafted players (because the undrafted guys come later... again, yawn). He may as well have just listed each NHL team and their NCAA prospects, it would have accomplished the same thing. This is basically a Buzzfeed list.

Also... no McGing? Surely he’s got more cred at this point than a lot of other guys on that list.

Reactions: Blueston

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
I respect Kennedy’s take on a lot of things, but this is a bad list. He acknowledges that it’s heavy on 2019 draft class players (“because new is fun” ... come on), and drafted players (because the undrafted guys come later... again, yawn). He may as well have just listed each NHL team and their NCAA prospects, it would have accomplished the same thing. This is basically a Buzzfeed list.

Also... no McGing? Surely he’s got more cred at this point than a lot of other guys on that list.

Agreed. Very sloppy.

McGing and Perunovich on preseason all-conference NCHC team

Preseason All-Conference Team
F:
Hugh McGing; Sr., Western Michigan – 22 votes
F: Justin Richards; Jr., Minnesota Duluth – 13
F: *
Wade Allison; Sr., Western Michigan – 10
F: Nick Swaney; Jr., Minnesota Duluth – 10
D: *Scott Perunovich; Jr., Minnesota Duluth – 25
D: Jack Ahcan; Sr., St. Cloud State – 12
G: *Hunter Shepard; Sr., Minnesota Duluth – 27 (unanimous)

*2018-19 NCHC Preseason All-Conference Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->