Blues Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
We've done this before, always nice to get an update.

Basically vote for the most important player to the team. Take both the present and the future into account.

Feel free to give suggestions for the next add in case I somehow miss someone.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
This one should be a landslide, but I like this idea, interested to see where it goes from here

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Pie might be one of the most important players on our team, but his lack of ability to find that next gear could open the door for Tarasenko or Schwartz to shine

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
We've done this before, always nice to get an update.

Basically vote for the most important player to the team. Take both the present and the future into account.

Feel free to give suggestions for the next add in case I somehow miss someone.

Those criteria don't make sense to me. A "power ranking" is supposed to measure how good a team is RIGHT NOW, not how good the team or player will be over the next 10 years.

I vote for Pietrangelo, because he is the most valuable to the team right now.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
With #1 a lock, going to be interesting to see how the top shake out.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
Not discounting Petro, but what happened to the team when Tarasenko went down? Who was on the few players to show up against Chicago? Again, not taking anything away, and the voting obliviously disagrees with me as well, but I dont think it should be as much of a slam dunk as everyone is saying. Just my opinion.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Not discounting Petro, but what happened to the team when Tarasenko went down? Who was on the few players to show up against Chicago? Again, not taking anything away, and the voting obliviously disagrees with me as well, but I dont think it should be as much of a slam dunk as everyone is saying. Just my opinion.

I knew Petro would win but I thought there would be more variation in the votes.

When voting I thought about the player we could least afford to loose during a playoff run. Petro instantly sprung to mind, but then I remembered JBo, Gunnerson and Shattenkirk. Having JBo makes it much easier to absorb the absence of Petro. Granted, any loss of Petro, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Backes, Stastny or JBo would be a major blow.

I want to pose a question. Outside of Tarasenko, who do we have that can take over a game? Petro hasn't shown it in big games, Schwartz is just shy of doing it, Stastny might be able to but I question the duration he could keep it going.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I knew Petro would win but I thought there would be more variation in the votes.

When voting I thought about the player we could least afford to loose during a playoff run. Petro instantly sprung to mind, but then I remembered JBo, Gunnerson and Shattenkirk. Having JBo makes it much easier to absorb the absence of Petro. Granted, any loss of Petro, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Backes, Stastny or JBo would be a major blow.

I want to pose a question. Outside of Tarasenko, who do we have that can take over a game? Petro hasn't shown it in big games, Schwartz is just shy of doing it, Stastny might be able to but I question the duration he could keep it going.
Oshie. Several games last year the when Backes and Steen were out, TJ neatly packed the team in a backpack and went on a hike

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Too bad Oshie can't do that in the playoffs.

Yep, I don't think he was healed when he returned last year. He took a huge hit in that minny game. I really hope the Blues didn't forget about that hit. Most hits are a byproduct of a play..but Rupp never plays and pulled a pick on Oshie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad