Proposal: Blues-Panthers

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
:blues

Weegar

:panthers

Dunn

I think Dunn and Ekblad would an awesome pairing and the Blues need Weegar as Dunn is kinda redundant with Krug/Faulk

Thoughts?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
This isn’t a bad offer although I’m concerned that Dunn has such low time on ice. On the flip side he is younger and probably cheaper

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
This isn’t a bad offer although I’m concerned that Dunn has such low time on ice. On the flip side he is younger and probably cheaper

I think playing with Ekblad would unlock Dunn’s full potential. Ekblad has shown he can carry the load defensively. I think Dunn can basically be Krug 2.0 and would be a great match for Ekblad who I view as AP 2.0

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I think playing with Ekblad would unlock Dunn’s full potential. Ekblad has shown he can carry the load defensively. I think Dunn can basically be Krug 2.0 and would be a great match for Ekblad who I view as AP 2.0
I don’t disagree but there’s still this risk over Dunn taking the step. The trade premise makes sense if Weegar wants out though :)

Reactions: Hughes Unleashed

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd wait until Weegar's next contract is finalized to make a deal for Dunn.
Don't know if Dunn has top pair potential. Seems more of a 2nd line guy who needs to be sheltered a lot

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I don't think it makes sense for the Blues to trade Dunn for a dman. IF Dunn is moved, I think a similar forward or pick(s)/prospect(s) would be more likely.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Dont take this the wrong way. But to be honest with you I think that I’d a guy carrying the load defensively would truly unlock Dunn the Blues have had two top tier options in Pietro and Parayko to experiment. I don’t exactly know what it is that the staff sees but they keep having him in that 3rd pair role I’d imagine for a reason but I really couldn’t tell you what that reason is

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Not a bad basis of a deal but just personally I’d rather trade Dunn for a similarly aged winger or a pure futures package.

Reactions: 67Blues

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The bottom line is, the Blues do not need a defenseman unless it is a solid prospect with size who is at least two years away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whitsmith803

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'd wait until Weegar's next contract is finalized to make a deal for Dunn.
Don't know if Dunn has top pair potential. Seems more of a 2nd line guy who needs to be sheltered a lot

You don't shelter a Top 4 defender. If they need sheltering they are a bottom-pair player.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
The Panthers are already stuck with one #3LD they have to deploy in the OZ, they don't need a second one. I don't get why the Panthers would downgrade their defense so bad by swapping Weegar for Dunn, might as well trade him for a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad