Foegele-McLeod-Ryan

Nurse-Ceci
Keith-Bouchard
Kulak-Barrie

Koskinen/Smith​

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This is a big game because tomorrow is a B2B and also Dallas is nipping at our heels, only 4 points back. Need to stay away from the second wild card slot.

Hopefully Husso plays tonight instead of tomorrow.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
it's gonna be a great game no matter what tonight

hope schenn and kane fight

blues should win, but you know how that goes

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
This should be a good test of the defensive pairs. On the road, we will struggle to dictate whether Parayko sees McDavid or Drai's line. However, since Edmonton is a clear 2 line team, we should be able to have either Parayko or Faulk out there whenever McDavid or Drai is on the ice. This should be a good test of whether Leddy's puck movement can adequately support Parayko against a great line AND whether Scandella/Faulk can be good enough to absorb tough matchups.

I really hope Berube keeps those 2 pairs together all night. I didn't like seeing him go back to the Scandella/Parayko safety blanket against Vancouver. I understand doing that against a 1 line team, but I don't want to see Leddy/Faulk trying to defend either of the Oilers top lines.

I don't really care who is in net tonight. Calgary and Edmonton score almost the same amount of goals per game and we should see both goalies in this B2B. Playing Husso tonight since we are more plausibly battling Edmonton for seeding makes sense. But I also see the logic in playing Husso vs the better team that is more likely to hold us under 4 goals. Not sure that there is a wrong decision besides playing Husso in both games.

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Binnington had a good game against Edmonton and a bad one. He got crushed by Calgary. Husso hasn't faced Edmonton this season and has stopped 41 of 42 shots against Calgary. Since we're almost certain to see both this weekend, my money is on Binnington tonight and Husso tomorrow night.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
good luck to the team tonight, i will be sure to check in after the game.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Another all hands on deck game tonight.

All those early to mid season losses to bad teams mean we now scramble to stay in a wild card spot. No rest for the weary.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018

All those early to mid season losses to bad teams mean we now scramble to stay in a wild card spot. No rest for the weary.
This is a fair point but I'm also not forgetting all the points we banked when we had 3-4 guys getting hit with Covid a week during the first 3 months of the season to put us in a spot where we're not completely on the outside looking in.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019

The Blues aren't currently in the wild card spot...they are 3rd in the division and 4 points ahead of the last WC spot.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
This back to back is going to be crucial for us stay in the battle for 2nd. I have liked the way our game has been trending. There are still some holes but overall I thought the second game against Vancouver was probably our best game in awhile.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Only one way to do this boys, GO OUT THERE AND WIN!

I believe in the Note, believe in yourselves and get this done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad