Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Islanders 10/14/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Its what is known as a Federal Holiday in the US. There are 10 of them, and aside from Christmas, they are all secular. These are the holidays that the US government gives its employees off. Banks in the US close on these days, as well as the stock market and other financial institutions. State and local governments follow many, if not all of the same days. However, most private companies do not close for many of them, especially Columbus day. So while it is technically a US holiday, it is not one most people celebrate. However, I do think that is why the game is a day game, as they are assuming people will have off.
The stock market (equites) is not closed today. I’m supposed to work. Fortunately, the only other hockey at my work is an islanders fan and we’re taking the day to watch at a blues bar.

Reactions: Bendak and brokeu91

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
The stock market (equites) is not closed today. I’m supposed to work. Fortunately, the only other hockey at my work is an islanders fan and we’re taking the day to watch at a blues bar.
I’ll be with you in spirit. I’m glad that I have this day off. But my wife is going out and I have to watch two small children. I’m going to try to watch the game but I really might just be preventing my two and a half year old and my 8 month old from killing themselves. I can’t wait until I can let them play and not have to watch them like a hawk. Sigh, it is what it is.

Anyway happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian posters and happy Columbus Day to our American posters. Let’s go Blues!!!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Going to miss this one :( Go Blues. Better game than Saturday, please.

Reactions: Bendak

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I meant to post this earlier but I’m traveling with spotty internet access and won’t be able to do the GDT today. Sorry!

Reactions: Bendak

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Going to miss the game as I'll be on the highway driving home after spending Thanksgiving with family. I'll watch tonight when I get home. Hopefully a better game than Saturday.

Reactions: brokeu91

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Tarasenko .....

was just about to say he looks really engaged early in this game and then he nearly scored. Schenn gets it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->