HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:habs

Jay Bouwmeester
Klim Kostin

:blues

Paul Byron

Habs gets a B+ prospect + Jay-Bo who's a mobile LHD (we'll have to see with his hip injuries).
STL gets a cap relief by trading Jay-Bo + receives a very good versatile middle 6 LW/RW (heck, he even played C too!)

Thoughts?

Reactions: Colt55

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Stl doesn't need any roster Fs.
Jaybo and Kostin are worth a lot more than Byron.
STL isn't trading Kostin.

This is just horrendously bad, no offense.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
We are not paying to trade Bouwmeester. Jay Bouwmeester was hurt almost the entire time he played last season. If he is useless this season, we still do not need the cap room, nor do we necessarily need a replacement for him.

As for OP this does absolutely nothing for St. Louis and heavily favors MTL in value. Bouwmeester may not be worth a lot at this point in his career but I can guarantee you someone who needs a left handed stay at home defensemen and wants to take a chance on his mobility someone will offer a 3rd or 4th.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
That deal doesn't make any sense for St. Louis. Besides, Bouwmeester has one year left on his contract. It's not like his value is so bad that the Blues need to unload a top prospect to move it. Especially when the Blues aren't in any cap trouble right now.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lolz.....

You think we'd pay Kostin to dump Boumeester? That's even if he needed to be dumped. Outside of that, why would we want Byron? Blues are already full at forward.

Blues will move Boumeester for value OR let his contract run its course at the end of the year and have said cap relief when they need it.

Pretty terrible attempt to be a facilitator of taking "bad contracts".

Reactions: STLomacneko

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Top 4 two-way Dman needs to be shipped back as part of a package with Paul Byron or no dice. Blues could retain on Boomer to make this happen, otherwise no.

PS - Don't the Habs have enough bad contracts as it is?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The Blues have been getting rid of their Paul Byron type players. No need to start acquiring them again. I think JBo will surprise a few people with his steady play this coming season since he is healthy again. He still is a very serviceable 3/4 LHD.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The Blues have been getting rid of their Paul Byron type players. No need to start acquiring them again. I think JBo will surprise a few people with his steady play this coming season since he is healthy again. He still is a very serviceable 3/4 LHD.

Paul Byron could be a nice chip come TDL time. As for JayBo, I really hope he bounces back, I like the guy alot but at 34 we may be starting to see the future decline for him. I'd take a Paul Byron type and ship Jay off it it meant us replacing him. If he sucks this year, I can see us waving him or swapping him for a pick, so if we can get a top 4 two-way Dman for him in a package, I'd be of the mind to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad