Blues Goaltending

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
2 straight shutouts...has to be Binnington.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Nice to have to give your goalie with the most shutouts in his current string of shutout games the nod over your other goalie, who is also coming off a shutout! Reminds me of The Blues' glory days when they had the Hall-of-Fame tandem of Jacques Plante and Glenn Hall, and had a 3rd capable starter in Ernie Wakely, as an emergency fill-in! Nice position to be in, eh?

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Ha! Ha! Ha! Nice to have to give your goalie with the most shutouts in his current string of shutout games the nod over your other goalie, who is also coming off a shutout! Reminds me of The Blues' glory days when they had the Hall-of-Fame tandem of Jacques Plante and Glenn Hall, and had a 3rd capable starter in Ernie Wakely, as an emergency fill-in! Nice position to be in, eh?
I believe earnie led the league in GAA that year too. Made the finals to boot!

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’d like to move Allen for a nothing return (I don’t think he has too negative of value to a team that has no goalie depth or is depending on a young guy (actually like the Blues.

And I’d like to sign Howard to a 3 year deal (I think it will take at least that to get him) to run a tandem with Binnington. If Jordan is truly a starter, great, but he’ll sign a couple year deal for a pretty reasonable number, amd looks likely to be RFA. Either guy could end up as the starter, fine.

I could live with keeping Allen as the back-up if that contract is more toxic, rather than spend9ng any assets of significant value.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Are you really comparing Allen to Plante or Hall? Dude isn’t even as good as a Brent Johnson.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Are you really comparing Allen to Plante or Hall? Dude isn’t even as good as a Brent Johnson.
Only in the sense that that was The Blues' goaltender roster the last time I remember both goalies, at the same time, having had a shutout in their last game. I've watched ALL of all 5 of their NHL careers, and NO, I'm not trying to imply that Binnington and Allen are as good as the Plante-Hall tandem. I may be senile enough to forget which thread I'm in, but I still remember how Plante and Hall played. The Blues drafting Hall was the first reason why I started following The Blues. It just so happens (by coincidence) that Hall and Plante were my 2 favourite goalies. (I didn't like Sawchuck).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad