OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I thought about saving this for a sarcastic "cat-like reflexes" post, but it's just too much fun to watch.

tumblr_p88p7vzbVS1uuyy36o1_400.gif

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I thought about saving this for a sarcastic "cat-like reflexes" post, but it's just too much fun to watch.

tumblr_p88p7vzbVS1uuyy36o1_400.gif
I love how it looks like he says a cat expletive right as it hits him :laugh:

Also, was at the Cards game last night and it was awesome. I was in the bleachers by the Cubs' bullpen in left-center and absolutely surrounded by Cubs fans. It was a pretty unreal experience. Got soft and didn't stay until the end of the game, only made it to the 11th. Saw Baez hit the homer in the top of the 14th and went to bed only to wake up to seeing Fowler's homer. I hope that's not the highlight of the season. This team is pretty decent if Matheny can get his shit together. I was honestly shocked when we had 1st and 2nd nobody out with Gyorko at the plate in the late innings and Mike didn't have him bunt. Seemed like such a Matheny thing to do. He also didn't have Bowman pitch, the only guy in the pen who didn't. Hicks is just gross by the way. Went right through the middle of the Cubs order with three weak ass groundballs. It looked like they were trying to hit a bowling ball with a toothpick.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Has anyone had trouble not being able to get NBCSN in HD? Every other channel works for me in HD, and I'm tired of this SD bullshit from NBCSN on my 4k TV

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
So I just noticed warning points which I don' know exactly what it is but have a brain and came to my own conclusion and I must admit I'm a little upset to see my score at zero. I've had to offended someone with my time here I mean I am american

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Can someone give a tutorial on how to link from Giphy? I keep seeing these X icons and its a pain in the butt to breakdown the code to find what they were trying to link. If the url does not end in .gif or .jpeg or some other file extention, the image isn't going to show up, at least for me. Not sure if another browser shows the actual image. Dbrownss meant to link the below image, which is not what shows up for me in the quote above.

giphy.gif

If you click copy link on giphy, it will give you exactly what you need to copy.

Edit: Dbrownss gif shows up in Google Chrome. In firefox, it is somewhat easy to open it with a couple clicks. In Microsoft Edge/explorer, its a pain in the butt to see. So I guess its browser dependent. TLDR, ignore me if you use google chrome and don't care about the rest of us seeing your image.

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Can someone give a tutorial on how to link from Giphy? I keep seeing these X icons and its a pain in the butt to breakdown the code to find what they were trying to link. If the url does not end in .gif or .jpeg or some other file extention, the image isn't going to show up, at least for me. Not sure if another browser shows the actual image. Dbrownss meant to link the below image, which is not what shows up for me in the quote above.

giphy.gif

If you click copy link on giphy, it will give you exactly what you need to copy.

Edit: Dbrownss gif shows up in Google Chrome. In firefox, it is somewhat easy to open it with a couple clicks. In Microsoft Edge/explorer, its a pain in the butt to see. So I guess its browser dependent. TLDR, ignore me if you use google chrome and don't care about the rest of us seeing your image.
Yea I use chrome. I click the imagine then copy URL, if it shows up when I insert in the image link l, I'll roll with it. I honestly hate giphy because I have to jump through loops. But it's always top of the search results

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yea I use chrome. I click the imagine then copy URL, if it shows up when I insert in the image link l, I'll roll with it. I honestly hate giphy because I have to jump through loops. But it's always top of the search results

Yea, it doesn't show up for other browsers. I always wondered why people just drop a
without fixing it. So to us non chrome users, that's how it looks. Bit of a bother really. I wish all browsers could read it as a gif.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yea, it doesn't show up for other browsers. I always wondered why people just drop a
without fixing it. So to us non chrome users, that's how it looks. Bit of a bother really. I wish all browsers could read it as a gif.
Yea, I was unaware of it, the way I have to copy it, I dont actually see the whole address(mobile). So a link that ends in .gif will work across all browsers?

That was the first time I actually got gify to work on my phone

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yea, I was unaware of it, the way I have to copy it, I dont actually see the whole address(mobile). So a link that ends in .gif will work across all browsers?

That was the first time I actually got gify to work on my phone

I tested it across Microsoft Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome. Those are the ones I have installed. I didn't try safari or opera, or any other browser not named. But based on those tests, ,gif locations work and .html, .webp, or no file extention, won't work across all browsers. If the link ends in an image location, it links to just the image. If it ends in something else, it probably links to the webpage which has other things surrounding the image. I guess Chrome can tell that you meant to use the image on the page, wheras the others can't. For giphy, I just click "visit", then click "copy link, then actually highlight and copy the "gif link". Its an extra couple steps but it seems to work across all browsers. I don't use my phone so that makes it easier to take those steps.

*Mods, you can probably move this convo to OT, or just delete it, as its clearly not about Doug Armstrong.

Reactions: Dbrownss

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ

giphy.gif

WebP image format support

Edge users have been waiting almost 4 years for support for this superior format.

I'd just use a different browser, personally...and I do.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
O’neill has that Grichuk bat speed. Hopefully he can hit a breaking ball.

Holland is just awful.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
O’neill with a homer on a 2-2 slider out on his front foot. Unreal. Most guys have to time it perfect and square it up to even have a chance, but he basically hit that with one arm. He really could be special.

Flaherty was disgusting and so was Hicks. There are a lot of really talented young players in this organization. Cards are going to be competitive for quite some time still.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
With DeJong down now with a broken hand, I wonder if Mozeliak uses some pitching and Bader or another outfielder to pry Machado out of Baltimore. They like to court free-agents to be before signing them in the off-season. Machado would improve the lineup plus maybe help take the pressure off Ozuna to hit better as well.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Wow...Holland just needs to be DFA'd because either he won't go down to the minors to get right or Matheny has too much faith dude will turn it around.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Reyes right back to the DL. He's never going to live up to that potential.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
With DeJong down now with a broken hand, I wonder if Mozeliak uses some pitching and Bader or another outfielder to pry Machado out of Baltimore. They like to court free-agents to be before signing them in the off-season. Machado would improve the lineup plus maybe help take the pressure off Ozuna to hit better as well.
DeJong is a natural 3B anyways, I would love to see an infield of 1B-MATTYC/2B-GYORKO/3B-DEJONG/SS-MACHADO. I am not on this J.Martinez hype train as an everyday 1B. I think you package Dakota Hudson/another pitching prospect with upside+Wong(or Martinez since they have Schoop) for Machado and use ElCafe/Kolten as rest days for the infield/bench bat or replacements for our inevidable 30 DL moves in June...[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->