OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
So looks like the NBA have agreed to a shortened season and starting games late December. I think their TV money allows them to be sustainable even without fans in attendance. Probably not as true for the NHL. I’m not sure what the league will do.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Re-watched the Netflix show The Haunting Of Hill House recently and holy **** what an absolutely brilliant show, probably the best modern horror I've seen so far. Highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet!

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Re-watched the Netflix show The Haunting Of Hill House recently and holy **** what an absolutely brilliant show, probably the best modern horror I've seen so far. Highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet!
That’s cool. I’ll check it out. Loved the book, by the amazing Shirley Jackson, who is also famous for The Lottery, which was adapted into a short film. Creepy af. Apparently, the show is loosely based on the book.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Have you watched Blye Manor? I thought it was pretty good but haven’t seen hill House

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Have you watched Blye Manor? I thought it was pretty good but haven’t seen hill House
I watched about 3 episodes of Bly Manor and just couldn't get into it, the quality is there but I was bummed to find out it's more of a love story with spooky elements and not the horror thriller that was Hill House.

Definitely check out Hill House. The ending was a little weird but otherwise it's a damn near flawless masterpiece with amazing plot twists. I watched it by myself in the dark stoned to the gills it was so good, so many scenes gave me chills lol.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Little late but this past weekend was the craziest opening day for rifle season I’ve ever experienced. We didn’t get into the woods until 10am because of lightning storms and heavy rain. I killed out at 11:30am with a really nice 8.

Hope everyone had good luck that went and here’s my 8 point.

View media item 8196
While the current social climate only allows me to say this in very specific situations..."Nice rack". Going on the wall?

Reactions: Spektre

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
upload_2020-11-26_7-30-57.jpeg

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
That’s cool. I’ll check it out. Loved the book, by the amazing Shirley Jackson, who is also famous for The Lottery, which was adapted into a short film. Creepy af. Apparently, the show is loosely based on the book.
We have always lived in the castle is my personal favorite Shirley Jackson novel...that’s not morbid is it?

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I feel a huge reason why the Rams failed in St. Louis is because they never had any regional rivals within their division, a problem that plagued the football Cardinals throughout much of their time in the city.

In the NFL's 2002 realignment, the Rams should have been put in the NFC North with Chicago, Green Bay, and Minnesota - the former and latter would have been reminders of the old Norris Division in the NHL. The Rams were much closer at that time to those teams than Arizona, San Francisco, or Seattle. The Chicago rivalry would have also reflected the rivalry between the two cities in the NHL and MLB, while both the Rams and Vikings were on the Mississippi River. And the rivalry with the Packers would have reflected the rivalry between Milwaukee and St. Louis in the beer industry.

Over time, the Bears, Packers and Vikings would have come to regard the Rams as rivals in this setup, and would have fought tooth and nail to keep the Rams in St. Louis, not wanting to lose the regional aspect of the rivalries. They might have succeeded in their efforts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad