Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
RTX 3070 (more powerful than a 2080 TI) is $500
RTX 3080 (twice the power of the 2080) is $700
RTX 3090 (Basically the new RTX Titan) is $1500

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Welp. So much for safety. I'm currently in a college town in Kansas. University is back in business. My roommates 7 year old daughter starts school this morning. Dont see how I'm going to stay clean of all this now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Welp. So much for safety. I'm currently in a college town in Kansas. University is back in business. My roommates 7 year old daughter starts school this morning. Dont see how I'm going to stay clean of all this now.
Studies are still unclear on if children are actual drivers in spreading COVID. We really haven't seen outbreaks at many daycare facilities and when cases do pop up, it's usually the teachers/staff, not the kids.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Studies are still unclear on if children are actual drivers in spreading COVID. We really haven't seen outbreaks at many daycare facilities and when cases do pop up, it's usually the teachers/staff, not the kids.

From what i understand, young kids have less receptors that the virus attaches to, yet contain more viral load than adults who test positive for the actual illness. On the other hand, kids also show minimal to mild symptoms which helps spread the virus less. So it would make sense that the teachers/staff would be more susceptible to testing positive. And to note, the only large ( > 1000 samples) study i could find comes out of South Korea. As evidenced by our anti-mask contingent, i suspect their precautions are somewhat more resilient than our own country.

As someone who is living paycheck to paycheck, i cant afford to miss work for weeks on end. I admit that my original post might be hyperbolic, but i have to admit that this development has greatly increased my anxiety in regards to the pandemic.

Reactions: Xanadude

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
From what i understand, young kids have less receptors that the virus attaches to, yet contain more viral load than adults who test positive for the actual illness. On the other hand, kids also show minimal to mild symptoms which helps spread the virus less. So it would make sense that the teachers/staff would be more susceptible to testing positive. And to note, the only large ( > 1000 samples) study i could find comes out of South Korea. As evidenced by our anti-mask contingent, i suspect their precautions are somewhat more resilient than our own country.

As someone who is living paycheck to paycheck, i cant afford to miss work for weeks on end. I admit that my original post might be hyperbolic, but i have to admit that this development has greatly increased my anxiety in regards to the pandemic.
Hey, I see your worry, especially with the University side of things. I struggled with the decision to send my child back to daycare when I did, the lack of quality information was frustrating. I wouldn't say you were hyperbolic.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Hyrule Warriors Age Of Calamity releases on November 20th. It's the prequel to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in which all the champions will be at full strength with Dynasty Warriors like game play with Nintendo writing the story.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Hey, I see your worry, especially with the University side of things. I struggled with the decision to send my child back to daycare when I did, the lack of quality information was frustrating. I wouldn't say you were hyperbolic.

My 4 year old son is currently staying at home with my wife as she's working from home for the time being. He's been home with her since March. It sucks because he's an only child right now and my wife is still working 8 hour days while at home so she can't devote 100% attention to him. Luckily we don't have to worry about actual school and online learning but my son loves playing with other kids and learning new things at daycare.

We've been debating on sending him back to daycare starting on Oct 1st so he can get back to playing with his friends and learning. But my wife will still be working from home then so is it stupid to send him to daycare and risk him getting sick? No matter how low that risk may be? When my wife could just as easily continue watching him? It's a tough call. It sucks.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
My 4 year old son is currently staying at home with my wife as she's working from home for the time being. He's been home with her since March. It sucks because he's an only child right now and my wife is still working 8 hour days while at home so she can't devote 100% attention to him. Luckily we don't have to worry about actual school and online learning but my son loves playing with other kids and learning new things at daycare.

We've been debating on sending him back to daycare starting on Oct 1st so he can get back to playing with his friends and learning. But my wife will still be working from home then so is it stupid to send him to daycare and risk him getting sick? No matter how low that risk may be? When my wife could just as easily continue watching him? It's a tough call. It sucks.
Yeah, we got to a point where we just weren't productive anymore. Once our daughter got mobile, it was too much. Luckily nothing bad has happened yet and our center has been really good about it, so fingers crossed. We've also seen noticeable development, it's something we kept going back and forth on.

We'll have a bigger decision to make in January when our son comes.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I watched documentary of 'Whose Streets?'

I'm speechless. :(

I've to say I really didn't know things are really that bad in St. Louis and I'm fan of Blues. I didn't even know.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

I've to say I really didn't know things are really that bad in St. Louis and I'm fan of Blues. I didn't even know.
Isn’t that documentary about Ferguson/Brown from 6 years ago?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis

As someone who grew up in Ferguson, there is really bad some issues in St Louis but they are not unique to St Louis, most cities in the United States are all the same. St Louis also was famous for the what was called "The Delmar Divide" seriously google it, Delmar is a street in St Louis, if it was and still is in a way a line the segregated the city. White people lived south of Delmar and African Americans lived north of Delmar. I have not watched that movie but I honestly was shocked to find out that there are two police unions for the STLPD, one for white officers and one for black officers.... it is just crazy.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
As someone who grew up in Ferguson, there is really bad some issues in St Louis but they are not unique to St Louis, most cities in the United States are all the same. St Louis also was famous for the what was called "The Delmar Divide" seriously google it, Delmar is a street in St Louis, if it was and still is in a way a line the segregated the city. White people lived south of Delmar and African Americans lived north of Delmar. I have not watched that movie but I honestly was shocked to find out that there are two police unions for the STLPD, one for white officers and one for black officers.... it is just crazy.

Having lived in multiple cities, some are worse than others in that regard, but STL is up there. #7 for racial segregation in fact.

Black-white segregation edges downward since 2000, census shows

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
St. Louis city/county divide is probably pretty unique compared to other cities, that's always a weird factor in all this, and the MetroLink etc.

Reactions: EastonBlues22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad