OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Happy Father’s Day to all the HFBlues dads!

This is OT...

My Father's Day was the best :)

First, I slept in. As late as my body wanted to. It felt great.

When I woke up, I opened presents. I got: socks that are softer than soft, Adidas flip flops, 2 t-shirts, 2 Hawaiian shirts (I always wear Hawaiian on payday Friday), NHL 2020 for PS4 (my daughter and I play together and she is trying to get better to beat her Uncle in 2 weeks when she visits St. Louis), chocolate candies, a Blues blanket, a pillow and case, a card from my two daughters with their words that made me cry because it was so thoughtful and nice, and then I ordered my favorite pizza :)

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Sounds like MLB was able to come to an agreement to play their season after all. For the sake of the Blues, I’m a little disappointed they didn’t just go straight into a labor dispute for their next CBA and scrap the season entirely.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time I was training a few engineers on particle distribution on a silicone wafer (part of semiconductor manufacturing).

One of the maps we were looking at showed nothing. Absolutely worthless. So I said, "And this map shows me dickwater."

They all turned their heads to the side, like a dog trying to understand.

One said, "Is that like deionized water?"

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
One time I was training a few engineers on particle distribution on a silicone wafer (part of semiconductor manufacturing).

One of the maps we were looking at showed nothing. Absolutely worthless. So I said, "And this map shows me dickwater."

They all turned their heads to the side, like a dog trying to understand.

One said, "Is that like deionized water?"
That’s a funny story.

Serious question, though. When these particles come into contact with the silicon wafer, do they arrange themselves in particular patterns?

And, if they do, does the pattern change as a function of frequency or some other variable?

Disclaimer: I am not an engineer, so please pardon the elementary nature of my questions.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
That’s a funny story.

Serious question, though. When these particles come into contact with the silicon wafer, do they arrange themselves in particular patterns?

And, if they do, does the pattern change as a function of frequency or some other variable?

Disclaimer: I am not an engineer, so please pardon the elementary nature of my questions.
Yes.

Other variables, but sometimes determined by frequency.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
That’s a funny story.

Actually, I never thought of the pattern changing.

Great question!

The semiconductor industry as a whole is not set up for that.

We just classify particles as is.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
That’s a funny story.

That is called IP or intellectual property.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I usually stop going out when it gets over 120
It’s been super hot out here lately. Usually, by now, I’m already up in Calgary, but not this year. Sucks.

My friends and family from St. Louis and Chicago ask me what the heat is really like here.

I usually describe it as preheating your oven to 475° and then opening the oven in your face.

The heat here is, literally, breathtaking.

Lots of Iraqis out here because the weather here is exactly like it is in Iraq. And I mean exactly.

And don’t let that dry heat nonsense fool anyone. We get hellacious monsoons. Imagine extreme rainfall when it’s 110°.

It is way f***ed up.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
My mom retired to the Phoenix area. I don’t know why anyone wants to live there. It’s not suitable for life. If the power goes our for an extended time, people die.

Reactions: Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
My mom retired to the Phoenix area. I don’t know why anyone wants to live there. It’s not suitable for life. If the power goes our for an extended time, people die.
Which is why they have an amazing power grid. I’ve never had any issues with power going down. And, inshallah, it will not.

The winters here are super nice. And, besides, there have been Native American tribes living here for a very long time. Quite suitable for life.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
ci9MR4pUGAqa-srscXuGBV_GxU0edM3zcVVsk9tjgVA.png

This pops into my head every time someone mentions Phoenix.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
ci9MR4pUGAqa-srscXuGBV_GxU0edM3zcVVsk9tjgVA.png

This pops into my head every time someone mentions Phoenix.

It is awful during the summer.

@Celtic Note might appreciate this. The civil engineering here is pretty amazing, but this place is definitely a monument to our arrogance with the waterways being rerouted to a degree that it makes no sense to have neighborhoods with homes on the water.

Man-made canals route much-needed water, so that rich people can live on a golf course with waterways.

And who suffers most? The Salt River Tribe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celtic Note

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Heads up, do not know how I missed this so I could be late but the season 8 of Letterkenny is on Hulu right now lol I just watched this so a couple months ago and it only had up to season 7 at that time.

images

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
It is awful during the summer.

@Celtic Note might appreciate this. The civil engineering here is pretty amazing, but this place is definitely a monument to our arrogance with the waterways being rerouted to a degree that it makes no sense to have neighborhoods with homes on the water.

Man-made canals route much-needed water, so that rich people can live on a golf course with waterways.

And who suffers most? The Salt River Tribe.

Vegas comes to mind....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad