OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Just saw that the NCAA Tournament will be played in empty arenas. No Bueno.
By the end of the week all NHL games will be as well, although there is some tweets saying the NHL may just push back the remaining schedule.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I see on the twitterverse that the NBA will go on hiatus, If that happens the NHL will follow suit.
I think the two leagues were coordinating together at least a little bit. So I would expect the NHL to do the same, I think even in empty arenas it's highly likely a player still gets it and causes more havoc at a later date.

Reactions: Vollie27

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What happends for season ticket holders If they cant go watch the games. Do they get refund?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Just saw that Hanks and Rita Wilson are quarantined in Australia while working on a film, both having tested positive.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I returned from Seattle a few weeks ago and felt the same way as the woman in the story. Odds are that lots of people have been exposed to this and don't even know they have it.

Panic has set in. We are starting to do dumb things that will upend the economy unnecessarily.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I returned from Seattle a few weeks ago and felt the same way as the woman in the story. Odds are that lots of people have been exposed to this and don't even know they have it.

Panic has set in. We are starting to do dumb things that will upend the economy unnecessarily.

Idk man, seems pretty bad.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
For the majority of people this shouldn’t really scare them, if you are in good health you will almost certainly survive. The only people who need to be concerned are elderly and medically fragile people and people who interact with those individuals.
I am 26 and healthy so I know if I get it I should be fine, but I work in a day program for individuals with high medical needs and know that if I got it and brought it into the program they may not fight it off so I am trying to be cautious. But for the majority of the population just be smart and thoughtful about who you interact with if you were to come down with it.

Reactions: MissouriMook

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
For the majority of people this shouldn’t really scare them, if you are in good health you will almost certainly survive. The only people who need to be concerned are elderly and medically fragile people and people who interact with those individuals.
I am 26 and healthy so I know if I get it I should be fine, but I work in a day program for individuals with high medical needs and know that if I got it and brought it into the program they may not fight it off so I am trying to be cautious. But for the majority of the population just be smart and thoughtful about who you interact with if you were to come down with it.

I see a lot of downplaying the situation as “you’ll be fine / you’ll survive,” but that sort of ignores the fact that you’ll be getting very, very sick prior to that. Everybody getting sick all at once is going to put enormous strain on, well, everything.

People won’t be able to go to work, and those that are living paycheck-to-paycheck (which is most of Americans) are going to suffer the worst there. Essential services will grind to a halt.

Hospitals aren’t designed to handle a mass pandemic, and will pretty quickly be over capacity, putting in danger both the people that are there for other reasons, and everybody else who can’t get in despite needing medical attention. This happened in China, but unlike China, the US is not capable of building additional hospitals inside of a week or two. Get ready for FEMA tents.

It’s going to impact your life, even if you don’t die from it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The US economy is driven by consumer spending. That is going to tank with an unknown duration, and that will lead to an inevitable recession.

The upside on the long-term is hopefully companies shift production back to the States and away from being so dependent on China.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
The US economy is driven by consumer spending. That is going to tank with an unknown duration, and that will lead to an inevitable recession.

The upside on the long-term is hopefully companies shift production back to the States and away from being so dependent on China.

giphy.gif

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe not always, but you can bet your house on it lasting for our lifetimes.
Yeah, I think realistically we'll at least see a diversified supply chain. Whether that means any significant return to the US or just operating in other countries that are cheaper. Any significant return to US would have to be mandated by legislation, which could have support to have a minimum amount of production done within the US.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou

This is a pretty great explanation of why the social distancing is critical. This is definitely a big deal.

Reactions: Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
First time in my life I get stuck in the snow. 30cm snowed at night and crazy wind so there was around 50cm all over the place. Take over half hour to get work in walking. We have now full of over 110cm snow.

1586753217032.JPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad