Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
hqdefault.jpg

Potential entry for whoever makes the avatars for our new draftee

Honestly, no problem here, I will draw a line at any image of Maroon making his dog drag his bottom across his Ducks stadium series jersey. Well I guess anything Maroon in general is preferred off from my view. Hell if you want ugly throw in the image of the recent Getzlaf bubble head. For at least the rest of the post season I'm a Blues fan and will wear any Avatar you all see fit for me.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Hello, coming in peace

My name is DuckTech and I am your newly drafted fan of a losing team.

I know it's going to be damned hard to guess what team I came from but I will leave it for all of you to guess. I bring a depressing amount of alcohol knowledge and I own my company so I dictate my schedule. I'll post stupidity regularly, generally in the form of meme's, gifs, and puns. Just let me know which avatar you want me to have and I will make a change.

Added bonus if we make the next round I'll change my name to something bluer!

Welcome. Might I suggest a giant Blue Duck for you Avatar....

14250691565_0b6d940020_c.jpg

Or

blueduck.png

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Hello, coming in peace

My name is DuckTech and I am your newly drafted fan of a losing team.

I know it's going to be damned hard to guess what team I came from but I will leave it for all of you to guess. I bring a depressing amount of alcohol knowledge and I own my company so I dictate my schedule. I'll post stupidity regularly, generally in the form of meme's, gifs, and puns. Just let me know which avatar you want me to have and I will make a change.

Added bonus if we make the next round I'll change my name to something bluer!
Welcome. I think you'll fit right in.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
As a former musician and a lover of the Blues brothers... I've updated my Avatar to Blues Bassist Donald "Duck" Dunn. If someone wants to make me a snazzy Blues play-off avatar I'll be happy to rock whatever people want.
That would look perfect with the Good, Bad and Ugly theme. You might post a request in the avatar thread with that photo and I bet someone (who knows how) will do it lickety split. I love the Duck/Blues tie-in. Its heady.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I frequently hear an advertisement on the radio in the mornings here in St. Louis. The ads are designed to interest you in buying a car.

The spokesperson in the ad sounds like Minerva Pious playing Mrs. Nussbaum on the old Fred Allen radio show. The music in the background includes the old Dragnet theme, and they tell you its a crime to pay more than a dime.

I don't know how effective this ad campaign has been, but I have to think that more than 90% of the listeners are too young to remember the Fred Allen Show, and only dimly recall the Dragnet show. Maybe its higher than 90%.
A LOT higher! I'd bet less than 1% ever even heard of Fred Allen, and about 95% didn't ever see "Dragnet", and only 1% of those saw it when it was first run (the other 4% saw it as re-runs in the later 50s and early '60s.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Doubt anyone cares, but ill be at the League of Legends NA finals today at the Chaifetz Arena. It's fairly unusual for any major e-sport event to happen in the area. I dont play League anymore, but it will be cool to finally be at an event. Not going to lie, if the best of 5 goes the distance, it's like 5 hours of sitting there. Longer than any baseball game.

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
Doubt anyone cares, but ill be at the League of Legends NA finals today at the Chaifetz Arena. It's fairly unusual for any major e-sport event to happen in the area. I dont play League anymore, but it will be cool to finally be at an event. Not going to lie, if the best of 5 goes the distance, it's like 5 hours of sitting there. Longer than any baseball game.
Game 5 was worth the price of admission. The Elder Drake dance was insane in person.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
Me too, Ranksu. We have good taste.

But they said it picks up after season 2, or so I’ve heard! Agreed, I have little patience for more than one season of ‘plot development’. That’s why I recommend The Wire wholeheartedly.

Or we can fully celebrate ManBearPig for our main board Game Day Thread. If it’s half man, half bear, AND half pig, that’s gotta be at least 3/4 of an ass there!

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Game 5 was worth the price of admission. The Elder Drake dance was insane in person.
Yeah, the quality of games was excellent. I have mad respect for Xmithie. Incredible that he is still relevant today. The event seemed to rep STL pretty well. While it would be dope for e-sports to develop here, i have trouble seeing this as more than a one-off treat.

Reactions: notsoglorious

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
As someone that doesn’t care about/like GoT or Marvel movies, let me tell you, these past couple weeks have been lonely on the Internet.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
The last 2 seasons of GoT sucked hard. Im not expecting much tonight, but ill watch it just to see it end. Hopefully the boys put me in a good mood.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Love GoT...but not everyone likes the same things. I notice Seinfeld is popular on here. I'd rather pulse weld with no hood on then watch that :dunno:
I don't mind it, but I never understood why it was rated so highly by so many people.

I understand people that hate it though, because Seinfeld's character in it is annoying.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The last 2 seasons of GoT sucked hard. Im not expecting much tonight, but ill watch it just to see it end. Hopefully the boys put me in a good mood.
I wouldn't say they have sucked, but I do think that the way the story is told has changed as moved towards the end of what is in the books. Everything has felt more rushed, character development is off and the "nobody is safe" aspect isn't really true as we've moved on from the books. Some of that is going to be down to budget and scheduling issues.
Please don't answer this in detail in the Blues Discussion thread. I'm trying not to watch the final three seasons until the books come out. So the last thing I need is an in-depth summary of all the plot lines someone didn't like.
Fixed that.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Please don't answer this in detail in the Blues Discussion thread. I'm trying not to watch the final three seasons until the books come out. So the last thing I need is an in-depth summary of all the plot lines someone didn't like.
Not gonna lie I didn’t even realize that wasn’t in the OT thread lol.

But if you’re waiting for the books, you might be waiting awhile

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
xmlzekoiqz811.jpg

There's enough change from the book to show, I wouldnt wait for the book. Fire and Blood was about 70% useless.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad