Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I understand that Vegas odds makers aren’t always correct but their numbers for next year’s Cup winner seems odd. Florida is at 40:1 while Chicago is 25:1.

I like Florida at those odds.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012

I suppose he could still technically be traded since its retroactive to friday.

Yeah, I saw that. I was talking about the rumors during the all-star break. I would prefer to keep Martinez as I think the starting rotation is the one strength the Cardinals have, but if you can swing getting a star player in a deal for him, you have to consider it. The roster needs a major overhaul that I don't think is going to happen over one off-season. You have all these young starting pitchers but virtually no young position players. That's where you're going to have to start. My only keeps are Bader, Carpenter, DeJong, and Molina.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Cards bullpen gives it up after 7 innings of no hit ball from the starter. Really is pretty amazing how horrific the bullpen is.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm wondering if the Chevy truck advertisement that appears at the top of the page will still be up at Christmas. It seems like it has been up there six months already.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
BOO!!!! lol

Do you experience the same absurd AI while playing offline seasons? It's almost gotten me to throw my elite controller :ha:
I haven't played offline mode in 2-3 years. Only 6vs6 EASHL and HUT/Versus.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I haven't played offline mode in 2-3 years. Only 6vs6 EASHL and HUT/Versus.
Ah ok. I tried 1 versus game but joined the party way too late. I was quickly pounded by a 99OA team. My team is decent but not good enough for online play

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Does anyone play NHL HUT on xbox?

I get it on Xbox every year but usually play offline modes (Be a GM and Be a Pro). I don't game online much for the reason you mentioned. I bounce around from game to game and don't put enough time in to any one game to get really good. People who play one game and only one game can smoke everyone either because they know all the exploits, they just practice and are good, or mechanics like this where they grind perks. I also tend to wait until games get discounted (cause I buy so many), and am way late to the party. But if enough people want to play next year, I'd be down to buy on release and try to throw a team together.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I get it on Xbox every year but usually play offline modes (Be a GM and Be a Pro). I don't game online much for the reason you mentioned. I bounce around from game to game and don't put enough time in to any one game to get really good. People who play one game and only one game can smoke everyone either because they know all the exploits, they just practice and are good, or mechanics like this where they grind perks. I also tend to wait until games get discounted (cause I buy so many), and am way late to the party. But if enough people want to play next year, I'd be down to buy on release and try to throw a team together.
I'm struggling with the notion of buying 19 and focusing on HUT. I enjoy GM mode and be a pro mode but they lose their draw after a couple seasons. HUT is rewarding but as you said....you have to grind it out. I've just been playing through EA access so I'm months late to the party lol. I will say they did make it more accessible without being money drain through card packs. You can legitimately put together a 90+team by just playing.

From what I remember of 17, they did try to balance EASHL to cut the cheese out and keep people from restarting their team and pounding new players

Side note, this is one reason I've grown to love players unknown battlefield. If your good, your good. There's no progression system that rewards long term players. Everygame is like game 1.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Cards bullpen gives it up after 7 innings of no hit ball from the starter. Really is pretty amazing how horrific the bullpen is.
Impressive debut for Poncedeleon. Is it just me, or is it kind of f***ed up to not let the guy working on a no-hitter in his MLB debut continue to pitch?

Reactions: brokeu91

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I'm struggling with the notion of buying 19 and focusing on HUT. I enjoy GM mode and be a pro mode but they lose their draw after a couple seasons. HUT is rewarding but as you said....you have to grind it out. I've just been playing through EA access so I'm months late to the party lol. I will say they did make it more accessible without being money drain through card packs. You can legitimately put together a 90+team by just playing.

From what I remember of 17, they did try to balance EASHL to cut the cheese out and keep people from restarting their team and pounding new players

Side note, this is one reason I've grown to love players unknown battlefield. If your good, your good. There's no progression system that rewards long term players. Everygame is like game 1.
I love Player Unknown Battleground. It has quite a few issues, but I like it so much more than H1Z1 and Fortnite. I just can’t get into either game. Been playing PUBG for over a year and have yet to get tired of it.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Impressive debut for Poncedeleon. Is it just me, or is it kind of ****ed up to not let the guy working on a no-hitter in his MLB debut continue to pitch?
I pretty much agree. Why pull someone when they have a no-no going? Why not let the kid try and close out a no-hitter?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Impressive debut for Poncedeleon. Is it just me, or is it kind of ****ed up to not let the guy working on a no-hitter in his MLB debut continue to pitch?
Ehh he was at like 115 pitches, which is probably more than he’s thrown all year, maybe even in his life to this point. The adrenaline from your MLB debut can give you a bit of a boost, but he was clearly slowing down by the end. Lots of fouls straight back and fly balls that the hitters barely missed. I think it was the right call. If he would’ve finished the game he would’ve hit at least 150 pitches and I’m almost certain he’s never thrown that many in a single game. I don’t envy the decision that Shiltd had to make, but I think he did the right thing. If we had like a 4 run lead I would’ve given him a chance at the eighth, but in a one run game I think you have to hand it over to the pen.

The real shitty thing was that he got sent down to AAA today lol. I know that was planned from the beginning, but what does a guy have to do?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I love Player Unknown Battleground. It has quite a few issues, but I like it so much more than H1Z1 and Fortnite. I just can’t get into either game. Been playing PUBG for over a year and have yet to get tired of it.
The last 2 months it's gotten much better. I have an xbox X so I wasn't plagued by many issues to begin with.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Ehh he was at like 115 pitches, which is probably more than he’s thrown all year, maybe even in his life to this point. The adrenaline from your MLB debut can give you a bit of a boost, but he was clearly slowing down by the end. Lots of fouls straight back and fly balls that the hitters barely missed. I think it was the right call. If he would’ve finished the game he would’ve hit at least 150 pitches and I’m almost certain he’s never thrown that many in a single game. I don’t envy the decision that Shiltd had to make, but I think he did the right thing. If we had like a 4 run lead I would’ve given him a chance at the eighth, but in a one run game I think you have to hand it over to the pen.

The real ****ty thing was that he got sent down to AAA today lol. I know that was planned from the beginning, but what does a guy have to do?
Complete a no-hitter, I guess. :snide:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
The last 2 months it's gotten much better. I have an xbox X so I wasn't plagued by many issues to begin with.
I've played it on PC for the last year or so and honestly right now the lag and desync are worse than any time I remember. I feel like they've spread their resources too thin. It seems like either the pC or the Xbox version is running well at any given time, but almost never both at the same time lol.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I used to really enjoy Fortnite until season 4 dropped, then it became a shit show and I can't stand it anymore.

I have never played PUBG mainly because I'm reluctant to pay for a game that seems to get rather underwhelming reviews. But I also buy EA Sports game franchises yearly and outside of FIFA all of those games are terrible...

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I used to really enjoy Fortnite until season 4 dropped, then it became a **** show and I can't stand it anymore.

I have never played PUBG mainly because I'm reluctant to pay for a game that seems to get rather underwhelming reviews. But I also buy EA Sports game franchises yearly and outside of FIFA all of those games are terrible...

I don't play any Battle Royale because I like story based games mostly and rarely play online cause I'm a misanthrope. But PUBG has like an 86 on metacritic for PC which is very good. Only 5 games on PC this past year scored that high. Fortnite is ranked lower. Where are the underwhelming reviews? Not trying to convince you, as I have zero dog in the fight. But PUBG as far as I can tell is the critical darling of Battle Royale while Fortnite captured the streamer crowd which is the way to win the sales war.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I've played it on PC for the last year or so and honestly right now the lag and desync are worse than any time I remember. I feel like they've spread their resources too thin. It seems like either the pC or the Xbox version is running well at any given time, but almost never both at the same time lol.
That sucks to hear. I was happy to see them invest their sales money into the Xbox. The massive leap that was made for base Xbox consoles was shocking. I let my boys play on my old xbox so I got to see the change first hand. Worst problem I had was crashes, and they fixed that with a 8mb update :laugh:
I used to really enjoy Fortnite until season 4 dropped, then it became a **** show and I can't stand it anymore.

I'd highly recommend it. It can be frustrating but that's a Fortnite/Pubg game. This is probably the best shooter I've played since MW2.....yea that long. It was 20 bucks last time I looked, well worth it.

Last edited:

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I don't play any Battle Royale because I like story based games mostly and rarely play online cause I'm a misanthrope. But PUBG has like an 86 on metacritic for PC which is very good. Only 5 games on PC this past year scored that high. Fortnite is ranked lower. Where are the underwhelming reviews? Not trying to convince you, as I have zero dog in the fight. But PUBG as far as I can tell is the critical darling of Battle Royale while Fortnite captured the streamer crowd which is the way to win the sales war.
Okay I should've been more specific, when I say bad reviews I'm talking about what my buddies have told me. I don't really pay much attention to metacritic or IGN.

I'm in the same boat, I don't play much FPS or shooting games at all. I loved my Batman Arkham games and since those ended have essentially just been playing sports games outside of a 4-5 month period where I was addicted to Fortnite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad