Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
He's an exceptionally talented player at the age of 26. Well worth the money. His attitude isn't the greatest, but there are a slew of players who were D-bags but still brought it every day. Jeff Kent, Barry Bonds, different sport, but Brett Hull etc. You put up with it if he's a superstar. I don't think they'll regret it at all for at least 7 or 8 years. By the tail end of that deal 30 million will be a lot less than 30 million right now so even that isn't much of a concern. They'll turn it around eventually in San Diego. Farm system is good and apparently ownership is willing and able to spend some big money. They'll still have a tough time with that division, but this is a huge, costly, step in the right direction.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
He's an exceptionally talented player at the age of 26. Well worth the money. His attitude isn't the greatest, but there are a slew of players who were D-bags but still brought it every day. Jeff Kent, Barry Bonds, different sport, but Brett Hull etc. You put up with it if he's a superstar. I don't think they'll regret it at all for at least 7 or 8 years. By the tail end of that deal 30 million will be a lot less than 30 million right now so even that isn't much of a concern. They'll turn it around eventually in San Diego. Farm system is good and apparently ownership is willing and able to spend some big money. They'll still have a tough time with that division, but this is a huge, costly, step in the right direction.
52569260_1747456412021881_8870519432443592704_n.png

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
He's made the playoffs 4 out of his 7 seasons....He's a great player who also happens to be an asshole. San Diego certainly has the prospect pool to be a good team within a few years. I don't understand the hate.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
He's made the playoffs 4 out of his 7 seasons....He's a great player who also happens to be an *******. San Diego certainly has the prospect pool to be a good team within a few years. I don't understand the hate.
I don't hate the guy. I just think he doesn't give it his all and will be a poor example for their young kids coming up. I also think he just went for the money and not for the chance to win. I know the Padres have a well respected farm system, I just don't buy that he's a leader for that team. I can see them floundering and wondering why they signed this guy.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I'm just not sold that he is an exceptional hitter. I know his value is so high because he is a relatively young FA and plays at a premium position, but this will be one of the 4-5 most expensive contracts of all time and the guy has never finished top 10 in OPS in a season.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
He's made the playoffs 4 out of his 7 seasons....He's a great player who also happens to be an *******. San Diego certainly has the prospect pool to be a good team within a few years. I don't understand the hate.
Well I hate him because I'm a Red Sox fan, you just hate Machado if you''re a Red Sox fan. Glad he's out of the AL East for good, means my boys don't have to play him and his dirty play near as much.

On a unrelated note, I still miss P9's & 2MM (this is not directed towards you, I just didn't want to double post.)

Reactions: BadNewsBlues

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the NL west is a fairly weak division, anyone who thinks that the padres cant contend soon is crazy.

the thing id be worried about if I was the Padres would be how much PetCo park is gonna drop Machado's numbers. That is one of the worst places to hit in MLB.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Do you guys remember that HBO show ARLI$$? I'm watching it on HBO GO now. Pretty funny show, I was just a year out of high school when this came out (1996') been awhile but still funny.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I have a Nintendo Switch Joy Con with a broken Joystick. Is it worth taking somewhere for repair, or just dropping $70+ on a new set? Any recommendations on where to go, in the STL area?

And to anybody that says it's not that hard to fix on your own, I've tried that with a PS3 controller, and it was ugly, haha. So not quite my thing I guess.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I have a Nintendo Switch Joy Con with a broken Joystick. Is it worth taking somewhere for repair, or just dropping $70+ on a new set? Any recommendations on where to go, in the STL area?

And to anybody that says it's not that hard to fix on your own, I've tried that with a PS3 controller, and it was ugly, haha. So not quite my thing I guess.

If doing repairs aint your thing, just buy a new set. I fixed my son's xbox controller last year and it didn't last 6 months afterwards. His raging was just too much. LOL. I'm not going to try that repair again.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No Man’s Sky.... worth it?

If you grab a physical PS4 copy, you can get it fairly cheap. Digital and Xbox are still close to full price. From what I have heard, it became worthwhile with updates over time. All the updates are free even with a cheapo PS4 disc copy for $15. So if you see it cheap and the idea appeals to you, go for it.

I recently broke a joycon myself and replaced it. They do have single left or right joy-cons available, but are harder to find. Amazon has them, just search "left joycon" (or right), and save some money. They are stupidly not half price though and you only save like $20. I was stubborn and just replaced both in case I happen to break the other joy-con down the road. I still wanted to give you that option if $50 sounds better than $70.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I recently broke a joycon myself and replaced it. They do have single left or right joy-cons available, but are harder to find. Amazon has them, just search "left joycon" (or right), and save some money. They are stupidly not half price though and you only save like $20. I was stubborn and just replaced both in case I happen to break the other joy-con down the road. I still wanted to give you that option if $50 sounds better than $70.

Thanks, I was exploring that option as well, but it wasn't worth it to buy just one. I ended up ordering a replacement joystick (with necessary tools) for $12 and will try replacing it. The video I watched made it seem like it wouldn't be too difficult. I guess we'll see. If not I'll just buy the full set and hope the next one that breaks will be the one I've got an extra of...

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
regardless of one's political leanings, I suspect today is the beginning of the end of Trump's presidency. If anyone wants to bet whether he's still in office by end of 2019, I'd take that bet. Shit is hitting the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad