Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Probably the opposite. Hardcore fans love parity, casuals loved the super-stacked teams. The Warriors could have the best starting 5's of all-time, a ton of people will be tuning in.

NBA and NHL are polar opposites, so I wouldn't expect many casual fans to switch just because the Warriors already have the 2019 championship.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Colby Rasmus just quit baseball today. Couldn't even finish out the season. That guy is such a f***ing idiot. I'm glad he's out of baseball.

Reactions: brokeu91

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Colby Rasmus just quit baseball today. Couldn't even finish out the season. That guy is such a ****ing idiot. I'm glad he's out of baseball.
I'm really glad we traded him when we did. We basically won the World Series because we traded him away

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
I'm really glad we traded him when we did. We basically won the World Series because we traded him away
Yup, I'm pretty sure we got Octavio Dotel in that deal, who was lights out that whole run.

he was also the dude who brought the squirrel figurine to the after-party :)

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
rasmus was a crybaby. reminds me alot of oshie.

i saw a interesting tweet the other day. how cards owners dont go on a firing spree is beyond me. the team is a joke.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I wasn't sure where to put this. It's Christmas in July for the Blues, and I baked a 4th of July Bluesberry pie to celebrate with everyone!

View media item 2573
Not letting me see. Go to an image hosting site and upload the image there. Then post the bbcoded link (

Reactions: Zamadoo

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Yes, now let me taste it.

Put it in your CD drive and email it to me.

Haha.

Well, as my first pie, it wasn't perfect, but the taste is reminiscent of the Blues current lineup. The bottom represents our blue line, featuring almonds and walnuts in a composition to provide foundation. The Blueberry mix was prepared to be flavorful, semisweet, and solid (with some additions) from top to bottom, representing our forwards. The top crust I made up on the spot when I realized I suck at baking, which, including the one lemon seed I dropped in the blueberries, is representative of Jake Allen.

You can be sure, however, that I will shove a pie in my cd ROM for you after the Blues win the cup.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
rasmus was a crybaby. reminds me alot of oshie.

i saw a interesting tweet the other day. how cards owners dont go on a firing spree is beyond me. the team is a joke.

This stuff with Fowler this year, Molina last year, the offensive issues, the pitching issues, the up and down seasons for the Cardinals, is all split in blame between Matheny and his BFF, Dewitt, Mo, and Girsch. My personal feelings is it's 60% M&M, 20% DeWitt for his love affair with Matheny and 20% Mo and Girsch. The Cardinals need to change the culture of the team. Matheny, Mabry, Mueller all need to go. Stubby should be the new manager unless Oquendo wants it, then Stubby moves to bench coach or something. Buddha should be up as well. There has been so much coaching turnover already, they needed to sack the three Ms but didn't and I think that was a mistake, ala Hitchcock/Yeo. I would try removing the rest of the managerial staff that's left over and see what that does. If it's the right culture change, i.e. players turn it around and this team breaks out of it's malaise, then great. If it doesn't, then you wipe out some of the roster as well. That might require you dealing players you aren't comfortable with, but you have to do something.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
What is everyone's read on the Hicks-Norris spat? Does Hicks have some growing up to do? Is the seniority culture of the clubhouse antiquated?

Both the Fowler-Mo story and this are from the Athletic's Mark Saxon. I subscribe to the Athletic, but sometimes it seems like they are trying to create some page 6 drama in the clubhouse to drive clicks when a team is middling, especially since they are all about trying not to be traditional beat reporters. Rutherford did the same thing last season dropping that Jaskin is an outcast on the team.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I didn't read the Athletic's original report, I read a cliff notes version from some guy who writes for Yahoo. The details were really light, but the basic premise is Hicks was missing/late for meetings frequently during Spring Training and we were actually going to option him down to the minors until we realized how poor our bullpen was without him. Once Hicks made the roster, Norris took it upon himself to "ride" the kid in order to make sure he shows up on time and learns to "be a pro." The reporter also noted that Norris has at times gone to Matheny about other relievers who "Weren't following the Cardinal Way," which has led to Matheny levying fines.

I honestly have no issue with Norris making sure Hicks knows that he can't float by on talent alone, as long as it doesn't become insidious/personal. I'm hoping other leaders in the clubhouse would step up if that becomes the case. I think the bigger issue is Norris basically being Matheny's bitch with the whole "tattling" thing. That to me is going to cause way more clubhouse strife then a veteran making a rookie carry his bags or whatever shit he's doing.

If someone knows more about the type of things Norris is doing to teach Hicks "lessons," please let me know so I can reevaluate the situation.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
There’s a big difference between vets riding rookies and teaching them how to be a pro. That’s fine. But the manager having a Donnie Brasco out in the bullpen is completely different. And this coupled with the Fowler stuff and Yadi taking swipes at Matheny last year on social media is an awful lot of smoke. All we hear is how great a leader Matheny is. Well, it sure doesn’t seem like it. He sure isn’t great tactically on the field, and if he has a mess of a clubhouse, what exactly is he good at? Matheny needed to be gone 3 years ago and I hope this is finally the year he gets the axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad