Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
bullpen is a joke

I think Holland will have a strong second half. Gomber looks good. Like to see Helsley up here soon. Holland, Norris, Hicks, Gomber, Helsley and possibly Hudson look like a strong pen. Maybe Leone comes back too. Liked what I saw from him. Should be a strength soon.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Hey guys wasn’t sure where to put this so put it here. Don’t live in Missouri anymore and don’t know any Blues fans with young kids. Have several onesies; 3 girl 12 month and the rest are unisex 3-6 month but fit more like 6-9 month as they run wide. Been through two kids so certainly in worn shape. Free to a good home if you send me a shipping label. PM me if you’re interested or know someone who is.

2v31zie.jpg

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
****ing brutal

You feel for the dude. A phenom prospect pitcher, #1 in baseball, and now between Tommy John and muscle tear, he's also been dealing with a cancer stricken child. I really feel for Reyes. I hope his kid gets all the help she needs and Alex has a good long career. That can't be easy to deal with at all. My daughter is only 7 months old and I freak out about her getting sick with a cold.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I think Holland will have a strong second half. Gomber looks good. Like to see Helsley up here soon. Holland, Norris, Hicks, Gomber, Helsley and possibly Hudson look like a strong pen. Maybe Leone comes back too. Liked what I saw from him. Should be a strength soon.

That's a lot of youthful starting pitching joining the pen and not developing for the rotation. I'm worried Hick's arm will fall off much like Siegrist , Bowman, etc. We can all look at Mo and Girsch for big free agent signings struggling this season. Gregerson has been hurt. Cecil hasn't been good and neither has Holland so far. His rehab hasn't gone well in the minors either. It's the lower dollar fruit that seems to be carrying the mail. Norris and in the starting rotation, Mikolas. Tui and Mayers need to be trusted more and in a game where confidence means a lot, the manager seemingly never trusting them has to hurt that confidence. I realize that they haven't been great, but they haven't been awful either. I don't blame Matheny for the bullpen problems, but I do blame him for a boring team with a boring offense that should in essence be carrying this team. How Mabry and Mueller survived the coaching revolution last season can only mean 1 thing, Bill DeWitt Jr. loves him some Matheny and doesn't want him to get any more apprehensive then he already is. I don't see how the 3 Ms, Matheny, Mabry, and Mueller can survive this season if the Cardinals miss out again, but I guess if BDW Jr. gets 3 million people to continuously purchase tickets, he won't care.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Its ok guys. Mo said not to panic.
I'm slowly jumping on board the Mo and Girsch has got to go as well train, but if we're being honest, Mo is just marching on orders from DeWitt. This slow and deliberate movement from the Cardinals worked for years because the Cubs, Reds, Brewers, etc. didn't have an Albert Pujols. Now, there isn't that monster player on St. Louis anymore to truly carry this team. This team is mired in the pretty good category because of bad high-end free agent signings and a lack of aggressiveness by the front office to move on from players and better talent evaluation for what types of players would fit the team the best. Much like the Blues, I feel like this Cardinals team lacks an identity.

The other problem is their choice for manager. Matheny was NEVER the right manager for this team to get. When LaRussa left, they should have gotten Terry Francona. Matheny was just a friend of DeWitt's and the FO loved him. EVERYONE says that it will take attendance dropping before Matheny will be fired and it's sad that it takes falling attendance to finally get DeWitt to move on, instead of a lack of success. The more of LaRussa's players who have moved on, the farther this team has fallen year after year. Also, don't get me started on the double standards of Matheny's guys vs not Matheny's guys on both the team and the coaching staff. That's fu**ing ridiculous.

We are definitely a little spoiled as fans because we've seen and watched so much success for about a 15 year span. The last three have been hard to watch after what we saw during that era. Matheny needs to go and unless the front office changes their operating standards, Mo and Girsch need to go as well. It won't happen as quickly with Mo and Girsch. I think they'll get a do over on building the team and finding the manager.

Eventually, I see them placating to fans by either firing Mabry or Mabry and Matheny but they won't do the smart thing and bring up Stubby Clapp and Buddha, they'll go find another person, unfortunately.

Reactions: stlwahoo

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
The franchise has been run into the ground mostly by Matheny and Mabry but Mo as well.

However even with Mo's dumb roster moves, if the Cards had just average hitting coach and a manager, they make the playoffs as a wildcard the past 2 years. 22 single handily cost them playoff spots by his attachment to continue giving ineffective people (Rosenthal, Wainwright, Wong, Grichuk etc) so much playing time. Really is a shame to watch a franchise such as STL waste the final years of Yadi's career with this garbage type of baseball all because they dont wanna hurt lil Mikey's feelings.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
17011056_G.jpg

Loufest thumbs up, thumbs down? Modest Mouse is playing everywhere this summer. Im not a country music fan, but I actually dig me some Kacey Musgraves. Michael McDonald, lol. Dont recognize much else.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If you like modern Blues style music Gary Clark Jr. is pretty good. Strong guitarist and singer.

Anderson East has a sort of modern southern soul vibe. Dude can sing.

Neither are main stream music types, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Reactions: shpongle falls

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Now that Canada is set to legalize cannabis it reaffirms my long held believe that Canada has got their **** together more than U.S. does. lol

Last edited:

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Im an ER doctor. I don’t mind recreational marijuana. My wife uses CBD oil at an extremely low concentration for Anxiety (being at home 24/7 with an infant and a toddler has ruined her). I can see it’s benefits first hand, and would honestly prefer her use it over the SSRIs she tried for months.

Caveat to this, we live in Michigan where medical marijuana is legal. We have a ton of patients on it for absolutely ridiculous reasons because someone wrote them for a card. We have seen an increase in ER visits for cyclic vomiting or cannabis hyperemesis syndrome and it’s frankly annoying.

Not sure what I’m trying to say here but ya.

Basically I’m on board with legalization but man I would like for people to stop using it so damn frequently.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Has anyone tried this or a similar product or know anyone that has?? Just looking for any feedback on this type of product.

Intermediate Starter Kit (8 Panels) - Double-Sided

That looks awesome. 8 panels for $500? So for just under $1000 you could probably set up a pretty nice sized "rink". I may have to look into that for my daughter down here in Florida. We're not getting ice...ever.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Im an ER doctor. I don’t mind recreational marijuana. My wife uses CBD oil at an extremely low concentration for Anxiety (being at home 24/7 with an infant and a toddler has ruined her). I can see it’s benefits first hand, and would honestly prefer her use it over the SSRIs she tried for months.

Caveat to this, we live in Michigan where medical marijuana is legal. We have a ton of patients on it for absolutely ridiculous reasons because someone wrote them for a card. We have seen an increase in ER visits for cyclic vomiting or cannabis hyperemesis syndrome and it’s frankly annoying.

Not sure what I’m trying to say here but ya.

Basically I’m on board with legalization but man I would like for people to stop using it so damn frequently

Same should be said for booze.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
How could Ozuna have won a gold glove last year? lirl

Yeah, that was truly an odd play.

For some reason, I could see a crazy uptick from this team for the rest of the season if Matheny, Mabry, and Mueller were removed and you bring in Stubby Clapp and Mark Budaska

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I remember seeing this answered somewhere on these boards after the site migration but can’t find it. On an iPad, how do I get it to where I can use the full screen and not have a column of white space on the right side?

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
So with the NBA free agency screwing up royalry, maybe Hockey is in for a big growth year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->