OT: Blues Fans of the 2013 World Series

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Xrays negative on Beltran, that's the good thing. We could easily take tomorrows game, we just need our offense to show up, even if Beltran sits.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Meh , that wasn't the Baseball Cardinals out there in Boston tonight that was the St. Louis Rams disguised as Cardinals out there tonight.... :sarcasm:

If Beltran misses any time, the Cardinals are in big trouble.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The only surprise for me was the poor D. Given what we've seen so far this season from this team we didn't have much of a chance, and once they put 3 up in the first the game was over.

It only impacts the rest of the series if Beltran is hurt. But we now have the pitching advantage in the next 3 games.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
The only surprise for me was the poor D. Given what we've seen so far this season from this team we didn't have much of a chance, and once they put 3 up in the first the game was over.

It only impacts the rest of the series if Beltran is hurt. But we now have the pitching advantage in the next 3 games.
The Cards might have the advantage against Lackey, but game 3 Buchholoz is going. Advantage Red Sox there. Buch has not only been lights out all year (when he was healthy) but one of the best in the entire league.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
My boys take game 1, pretty excited! Lackey can be lights out, or terrible on any given night. Just hoping he can keep it close or tied threw 5 or 6, the bullpen will take care of the rest.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The Cards might have the advantage against Lackey, but game 3 Buchholoz is going. Advantage Red Sox there. Buch has not only been lights out all year (when he was healthy) but one of the best in the entire league.

Except Buchholz is clearly carrying some sort of injury. Boston can pretend otherwise, but he has looked far from impressive in his 3 starts so far this postseason. Looked better against Detroit in his last game, but his control wasn't where it has been and he was yanked after 85 pitches.

A healthy Buchholz and you have a point, but I'll take a healthy Lance Lynn (I'd prefer it was Joe Kelly in Game 3, but I doubt it) over a hurt Buchholz.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Except Buchholz is clearly carrying some sort of injury. Boston can pretend otherwise, but he has looked far from impressive in his 3 starts so far this postseason. Looked better against Detroit in his last game, but his control wasn't where it has been and he was yanked after 85 pitches.

A healthy Buchholz and you have a point, but I'll take a healthy Lance Lynn (I'd prefer it was Joe Kelly in Game 3, but I doubt it) over a hurt Buchholz.

I disagree, I have faith in Clay. He's got the desire and the guts to persevere and pitch how he needs to pitch to get the win. I'll take his heart and determination plus when healthy (and he's getting there) excellent pitching over anyone of the cardinals staff. Same with Peavy, dude's a competitor he'll be on. Now Lackey is just to shaky, he can still be a very good pitcher, but he's just to erratic, so I'll give the Cards the pitching edge in this one. But like I said, all they want John to do is keep it tied or close through at least 5, hopefully 6, and the bullpen will do the rest.

Reactions: BadNewsBlues
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Peavy is going in game three. And he doesn't scare me at all. He's been god awful in the playoffs. And Buchholz has been almost as bad. He's good for about 60 pitches and then he implodes. We are just fine. But we do need to win tonight. Don't want to come back down 2-0.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Peavy is going in game three. And he doesn't scare me at all. He's been god awful in the playoffs. And Buchholz has been almost as bad. He's good for about 60 pitches and then he implodes. We are just fine. But we do need to win tonight. Don't want to come back down 2-0.

I feel the same way, nobody on the Cardinals pitching staff worries me, and it would be nice to go up 2-0.

Thanks for the correction, the story I read earlier this morning said Clay was going third. Lester, Buchholz and Peavy will take us to the promise land for the 3rd time in 9 years. Lackey is the only one I don't have complete confidence in, would have rather seen him working relief in the WS and have Doubront take the 4th spot.

I don't think this will be a 4 game sweep like it was when they reversed the curse against the Cards in 04', but I could totally see 4-1 happening.

Reactions: BadNewsBlues
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I feel the same way, nobody on the Cardinals pitching staff worries me, and it would be nice to go up 2-0.

Thanks for the correction, the story I read earlier this morning said Clay was going third. Lester, Buchholz and Peavy will take us to the promise land for the 3rd time in 9 years. Lackey is the only one I don't have complete confidence in, would have rather seen him working relief in the WS and have Doubront take the 4th spot.

I don't think this will be a 4 game sweep like it was when they reversed the curse against the Cards in 04', but I could totally see 4-1 happening.

As a Cards fan, only Lester scares me. He would have won without cheating last night because we sucked, but still it pisses me off that nobody called him on it. it was blatantly obvious he had something in his glove. Peavy just isn't any good and Buchholz is clearly hurt. On terrible game by Pete Kozma and Waino doesn't mean the Sox are going to walk all over us. Plus I'll take Wacha over Lackey all day every day.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
As a Cards fan, only Lester scares me. He would have won without cheating last night because we sucked, but still it pisses me off that nobody called him on it. it was blatantly obvious he had something in his glove. Peavy just isn't any good and Buchholz is clearly hurt. On terrible game by Pete Kozma and Waino doesn't mean the Sox are going to walk all over us. Plus I'll take Wacha over Lackey all day every day.

sigh here we go, if you lose accuse them of cheating

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
sigh here we go, if you lose accuse them of cheating

Did you not read what I said? I said he would have beat us anyway because we played like crap. We lost that game foe ourselves. But he DID cheat. So yeah I'm a little unhappy about that. I can't point out him cheating without saying it was the reason we lost?

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
This is why its a best of 7 series and the Cardinals did not show up last night. Wacha Wacha Wacha!!!

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
He's just baiting us at this point.

Anyone with half a brain sees it's the same as Kenny Rogers in 2006. Clearly he's lacking even that. Not worth your time.

Yeah, I know. I'm just still steaming at the fact that we laid such an egg last night. On a side note, just curious what everybody else thinks of the call reversal last night? I have no problem with them getting together to make the right call. I have a problem that they seemingly weren't going to change the call until there was a replay shown and Farrell came out. Should have been a moot point anyway though since my dead grandfather could have caught that ball.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, I know. I'm just still steaming at the fact that we laid such an egg last night. On a side note, just curious what everybody else thinks of the call reversal last night? I have no problem with them getting together to make the right call. I have a problem that they seemingly weren't going to change the call until there was a replay shown and Farrell came out. Should have been a moot point anyway though since my dead grandfather could have caught that ball.

Yeah I agreed with what Zach said this morning on 101. It's good to get the call right, but why do they only huddle up when the Boston manager comes out to complain. In short, it kind of like the challenge system they bringing next year.

It's most important to get a call right, but it is odd the way it went down. In theory shouldn't all 5 other umpires have something to be looking at besides the ball?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yeah I agreed with what Zach said this morning on 101. It's good to get the call right, but why do they only huddle up when the Boston manager comes out to complain. In short, it kind of like the challenge system they bringing next year.

It's most important to get a call right, but it is odd the way it went down. In theory shouldn't all 5 other umpires have something to be looking at besides the ball?

You'd think. And besides, I still don't get how you can blow that call. I mean that's on a platter for him. It wasn't like Kozma caught it and then bobbled the transfer. That would have been a difficult one. This was cut and dry.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
You'd think. And besides, I still don't get how you can blow that call. I mean that's on a platter for him. It wasn't like Kozma caught it and then bobbled the transfer. That would have been a difficult one. This was cut and dry.

Being an umpire is tough :laugh: I umped for 6 years from T-ball through high schoolers. Also, you have to take into consideration that it's a play that you expect an MLB quality shortstop to make 100% of the time. He's more focused on whether he touched the base more than likely. He was probably staring at the base, saw the ball hit the ground, and Kozma reaching in his glove. Usually, especially at the professional level, the ball is dropped during the transfer. If he was actually watching Kozma's hand, then I have no idea how he missed it.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Being an umpire is tough :laugh: I umped for 6 years from T-ball through high schoolers. Also, you have to take into consideration that it's a play that you expect an MLB quality shortstop to make 100% of the time. He's more focused on whether he touched the base more than likely. He was probably staring at the base, saw the ball hit the ground, and Kozma reaching in his glove. Usually, especially at the professional level, the ball is dropped during the transfer. If he was actually watching Kozma's hand, then I have no idea how he missed it.

Hey I ref, I get it. It's not easy. But on something that blatant, it's hard to feel sorry for the guy. It's one thing if it's borderline, but that wasn't even close. I believe his explanation was that he was watching the bag too much to see his glove. But in that case, on such a blatantly missed call the umps should immediately huddle up. That's my only real issue with it.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It didn't affect the outcome of the game, but you can't tell me Lester doesn't have something in his glove and isn't rubbing something on it

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/jon-lester-cheating-vaseline-glove-world-series/

Like I said, nothing Lester did changed the fact that the Cardinals forgot how to play defense and gave up 8 runs, but don't be an idiot: He's clearly got something there.

Glad it was noticed, didn't impact the result yesterday but the attention will make sure that it isn't repeated for his next outing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->