OT: Blues Fans of the 2013 World Series

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
They've crushed two pitches, the double and this last sac fly. The rest has been bouncers through the infield, a ball that hit the plate and bounced through, infield pop-ups, one soft liner, one short fly-out, and errors.

It should be 0-0 right now with average defensive play.

He hasn't pitched well, but you are right that the scoreline is far from solely his fault. That doesn't change the fact that there is little point in leaving out ace out there for another 3 or 4 innings in a game that we have a tiny, tiny chance in. Get him out and Game 4 becomes a realistic possibility.

As I said earlier, it won't happen because it is an admission of defeat.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
They've crushed two pitches, the double and this last sac fly. The rest has been bouncers through the infield, a ball that hit the plate and bounced through, infield pop-ups, one soft liner, one short fly-out, and errors.

It should be 0-0 right now with average defensive play.

He's still pitching like he did in game 5 of the NLDS. He is pitching like crap tonight.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
He's still pitching like he did in game 5 of the NLDS. He is pitching like crap tonight.

I have to agree with Easton on this one. Ortiz hit the ball hard, and Napoli hit the ball hard. That's it. He's having a tough time finding the strike zone, but even with that trouble the game should be scoreless. Those are plays that absolutely have to be made in game one of Spring Training, much less the World Series.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Waino's speed and command are down. I don't watch the hits so much as where the ball hits the plate, how much movement is there, and the velocity.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I feel sick right now. Beltran waits all this time and then gets hurt. I doubt he'd come out if he could play at all. And we lose our best bat.

I would bet it is precautionary. If it's a close game, I could see letting him play, but when you are down 5-0 with your ace pitching, why risk it?

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I hope Freese enjoyed his 3 years playing for his hometown and the greatest organization in sports, cuz it's over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Beltran's getting X-rays. Please let him not have cracked ribs. Now I'm less pissed about Waino as I am the offense. This is pathetic. At least SugaShane came to play.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I can take losing if we just get beat by a better team. But this is pathetic. Terrible defense. Awful hitting. And our best hitter is hurt. This has been a tough night.

Edit : way to go Freese. Can we sit him tomorrow?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad