OT: Blues Fans of the 2013 World Series

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It is partially on Kozma. Wainwright can't expect double plays to get out of innings, he has pitched like **** so far tonight.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
It is partially on Kozma. Wainwright can't expect double plays to get out of innings, he has pitched like **** so far tonight.

He has. But Kozma needs to make that play. He's in there for one thing only. To play defense. It's not like it was Ellsbury running to first. It was Ortiz. He had all the time in the world.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Get Miller up. Waino's rattled.

He needs to get taken out of this game now. His count is low enough that he can go into Game 4, that makes him an option for time in Game 7.

I was pessimistic about our offensive ability tonight against Lester though... so I'm more inclined to say that.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
He needs to get taken out of this game now. His count is low enough that he can go into Game 4, that makes him an option for time in Game 7.

I was pessimistic about our offensive ability tonight against Lester though... so I'm more inclined to say that.

You know Matheny won't. Waino is his ace. He's either going to lose this game this inning for us, or pull himself together.

Edit: Kozma strikes again!

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The Red Sox have only centered one hit off him. It's not like he's getting pounded up there. He should have been out of the first unscathed, and this inning shouldn't be where it currently is either.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Matheny won't do it because while it is "only" 3 runs it is an admission of defeat. Looking like it won't be 3 in a minute.

Kozma makes that play in the regular season without blinking. He might not have had an out at the end of it, but he comes up with the ball clean.

The Red Sox have only centered one hit off him. It's not like he's getting pounded up there. He should have been out of the first unscathed, and this inning shouldn't be where it currently is either.

Not disagreeing, but are we really going to have a much better chance with Waino pitching for another 3 innings (which is all he'll last at current pace)?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
We are playing so much like the '06 Tigers right now it's scary. Not only are there terrible, blatant errors, but plays that I feel are usually made, like the grounder to Freese that just got by him, aren't being made. Hopefully we're just getting all this crap out in Game 1. We only need to win one game in Fenway.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

He can't throw strikes. They are going to wait til he gets 3-0 and crush a get me over fastball. Matheny needs to go to Miller. There's not even anybody warming up. That's utterly astounding.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
He can't throw strikes. They are going to wait til he gets 3-0 and crush a get me over fastball. Matheny needs to go to Miller. There's not even anybody warming up. That's utterly astounding.
They've crushed two pitches, the double and this last sac fly. The rest has been bouncers through the infield, a ball that hit the plate and bounced through, infield pop-ups, one soft liner, one short fly-out, and errors.

It should be 0-0 right now with average defensive play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad