Confirmed with Link: Blues Extend Edmundson (2 years, $1.05 AAV)

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Very good contract for both Edmundson and the Blues. Edmundson gets a one way contract making sure he probably stays up with the NHL team. Blues get a good contract for a defenseman that has shown he can play on an NHL defensive line. After these two years, if Edmundson continues to play like he has been playing, then he gets a pretty good pay raise.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
So, with Ed, Jaybo, and Gunny all signed for the next 2 years minimum, does this mean Lindbohm is Out?

I doubt we hesitate to include him in a package trade, but we won't be looking to trade him either.

If we move Shattenkirk, we need a 7th defenseman. Given our great record of health, I'm sure he'd get 40 games in that role. Plenty of space for Lindbohm.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
it's still worth it to hang onto Lindbohm in case of injury imo, at least until walman and dunn are ready

He's bottom pair NHL'er already who still play in AHL, so for the team he's great debt player and cheap. For him to get develope I really don't can he make that step and knowing Gunnar got his heja Swerige ass locked 3 more years in the core so :rant:

But maybe in expansion draft somebody will get moved so Lindbohm might get his spot on, but would also open up who is our 7th dmen.

There might be change Jbo or Edmunson are those guys who might be going to away expansion draft, who knows.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I almost want to say shame, because Lindbohm was on a great track, but it seems like he got passed.

Yes, Lindbohm got passed. But we should keep him a while, and develop him into a good NHL 3rd, or, if lucky, 2nd pairing guy. I wouldn't dump him off too soon, as it would be at a low point in his value. He's got the tools to be a quality 3rd pairing regular, at the very least, on possibly better, if things go very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad