Blues Discussion Thread 2018-2019 - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Its ROR or Bergeron. I can't see a winger winning it. Its been all centers since 2003 when Lehtinen won. The last winger finalist was Zetterburg in 2007. Stone had a great season but Centers just have a ton more defensive responsibility than wingers. Bergeron probably will win it, and he probably should every year. The guy is damn good. But maybe they give it to ROR just for the novelty, cause they are tired of voting for Bergeron.

Reactions: mk80

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Bergeron winning while playing only 65 games would be absolutely ridiculous
I can see Bergeron winning it just because of consistency, but O'Reilly did everything in 82 games. Their faceoffs are identical, which I think the edge goes to ROR because of playing 17 games more, but the offensive totals favor Bergeron, and if we've learned anything, it's that apparently that matters for awards that it shouldn't matter. I also think ROR playing on a team that was dead last and being the only bright spot, while also pushing this team to 3rd in the division could give him a better chance to win. I mean look at Boston's center depth, it's better than the Blues (given Schenn is on the wing). I really hope ROR wins it because after all he's been through, he deserves some glory.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
when does the 2nd round start. game 7 for preds is schedule for wed. so friday or saturday?

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
when does the 2nd round start. game 7 for preds is schedule for wed. so friday or saturday?
Friday would be great. But assuming the Preds comeback and win the series they'll probably schedule for Saturday or Sunday even since they are the new darlings of the league, gotta have them fresh and looking good in the national spotlight.

Reactions: simon IC

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
If Nashville wins their series. I think game one will likely be on Friday. Jimmy Buffet is performing there on Saturday. They got another event on Tuesday the 30th. So I don’t see them waiting until Sunday to start game 1.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
ROR is a finalist for the Selke. Would be pretty cool to see him win. He’s definitely deserving.
I was shocked Barkov didn't get nominated, he imo would have deserved get finalist spot like ROR and Stone did too. Bergeron imo hasn't been the same guy.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Have you check d-zone starts and where game ends, PK icetime/ATOI? Bergeron has been mediocre on those stats compare to ROR or Barkov.
Have you checked relative game impacts where Barkov isn't a positive player? Barkov is giving up more scoring chances than he is generating on a nightly basis, and a good chunk of those chances are high danger chances.

Barkov just hasn't been good defensively this year. Not just in comparison to the three finalists, but in general.

Reactions: Ranksu

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If Nashville wins their series. I think game one will likely be on Friday. Jimmy Buffet is performing there on Saturday. They got another event on Tuesday the 30th. So I don’t see them waiting until Sunday to start game 1.
Well Dallas could win in 7 and still have the same schedule. But regardless, sounds pretty ideal. That means neither team would have any extra days off heading into the series.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Just bush league reporting from Strickland here. It's very obvious per JR that Pietrangelo and Steen are causing a huge rift in the locker room, and there are serious issues that need to be fixed because of it. And that still doesn't even begin to tell the whole story. O'Reilly is a humongous locker room cancer, and Schenn and Tarasenko aren't much better. Embarrassing work by Strickland to completely neglect this development. The team is unlikely to even make the playoffs with this kind of locker room.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL

Just bush league reporting from Strickland here. It's very obvious per JR that Pietrangelo and Steen are causing a huge rift in the locker room, and there are serious issues that need to be fixed because of it. And that still doesn't even begin to tell the whole story. O'Reilly is a humongous locker room cancer, and Schenn and Tarasenko aren't much better. Embarrassing work by Strickland to completely neglect this development. The team is unlikely to even make the playoffs with this kind of locker room.

What has JR even written about since January?

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
What has JR even written about since January?
His only work that was worth reading was the puff pieces that are more about social connections of the Blues, family, etc. Things I find interesting, but that aren’t exactly about hockey specifically. It was jarring to read the strategic analysis by the Jets writer on the Athletic in comparison. His stuff reflected an impressive understanding and thought.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I would just like to say that it is awesome that we will still have Blues hockey in May, something I never would have thought possible just four short months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad