Blues Discussion Thread 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I think Allen is hurt. After that second goal, he looked like he was laboring his left side.

Or it can be the fact that Johnson has looked god awful in his last 3 starts.

At least they brought up the Canadian goalie. :sarcasm:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Intriguing

2huhHsJ.gif

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I hope they bring up more guys. I really want to see what we have in our prospects, and it would ultimately help in the tank.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Two Tanks and a Can of Petro Strategy

We trade Tarasanko, Petro, and related passengers for some juicy new talent and some picks. We tank this season and rebuild.

I know this is extreme, but the character, the identity, the mental toughness of this crew is unsalvagable.

Build something around ROR, Thomas, Paryako, Eddie, Fabbri, and whoever else hates losing.

Reactions: GrayZack

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
We aren't in a position of need to rebuild. We are in a position of "what will you trade to get this guy?" Everyone is available for overpayment.

Reactions: Brian39

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Bozak, Perron and Maroon signings were just brutal. At least Maroon is only a 1 yr deal.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Toronto fan base is going to be brutal with that clownshoe Kypreos musing about a package of garbage for Petro.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Toronto fan base is going to be brutal with that clownshoe Kypreos musing about a package of garbage for Petro.
he only gets moved if they overpay us. otherwise, keep him until deadline next season.

i also wouldnt trade tarasenko. hesa good player but hes being asked to do too much and we need better leaders on this team so he can focus on scoring more. snipers like him dont grow on trees.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Eh, it's not quite a rebuild, but it's going to be more than a simple retool.
It's not a rebuild in the sense; We have to move on from this whole coaching team before we can play like a current day hockey team. We don't have to dissect the roster, but everyone is available for a trade at the right price. The approach right now should be to make sure we play everyone and see who actually cares to earn their check.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I guess Perron is ok for the 3rd line
i expected a 40-45 point player, who would take dumb penalties soemtimes and would be hot/cold for weeks at a time the whole year

so i cant say im real disapointed by him. also (not a issue for near future) expect him to be a ghost in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
i expected a 40-45 point player, who would take dumb penalties soemtimes and would be hot/cold for weeks at a time the whole year

so i can say im real disapointed by him. also (not a issue for near future) expect him to be a ghost in the playoffs.

Yeah, im just not a real big fan

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah I’d love to dump Maroon, Bozak and Perron. The first 2 contribute nothing and Perron contributes nothing when it matters most.

What a brutal July 1st aside from the ROR trade.

Interested to see how Binnington does here.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I still don't have a problem with the Maroon signing because he's making nothing. As long as he doesn't double down on the mistake and sign him to an extension, it's 1.75M down the drain for a shot in the dark. He's had more success in the league than most guys you're going to sign for 1.75M in free agency.

Perron will be useful Expansion Draft fodder again. We will have younger guys to protect and his experience and success with an expansion franchise in the past would probably be appealing to Seattle. I don't think his contract is all that bad honestly. He hasn't played particularly well most of the time, but he's always been streaky and he's T4 in points and 3rd in goals on the team so it's not like he's been a total black hole. He's just done a bunch of stupid shit on the ice, which unfortunately is his reputation at this point.

The Bozak signing looks brutal. He's looking like a 30-35 point center making 5M for two seasons after this. That's ugly. He hasn't been impactful defensively either. He's a guy you definitely look to move whenever possible. Really anybody on the team should be available for the right price, but he's a guy I would actively shop.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The problem with maroon is they feel obligated to play him, I'd rather see 1.75m in cap space.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I still don't have a problem with the Maroon signing because he's making nothing. As long as he doesn't double down on the mistake and sign him to an extension, it's 1.75M down the drain for a shot in the dark. He's had more success in the league than most guys you're going to sign for 1.75M in free agency.

Perron will be useful Expansion Draft fodder again. We will have younger guys to protect and his experience and success with an expansion franchise in the past would probably be appealing to Seattle. I don't think his contract is all that bad honestly. He hasn't played particularly well most of the time, but he's always been streaky and he's T4 in points and 3rd in goals on the team so it's not like he's been a total black hole. He's just done a bunch of stupid **** on the ice, which unfortunately is his reputation at this point.

The Bozak signing looks brutal. He's looking like a 30-35 point center making 5M for two seasons after this. That's ugly. He hasn't been impactful defensively either. He's a guy you definitely look to move whenever possible. Really anybody on the team should be available for the right price, but he's a guy I would actively shop.
We are going to have Perron’s age working against us in the expansion draft. Also, as currently constructed, we have better players available for a newly building team.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The problem with the Bozak and Perron signings are, they won't be easy to move. Either they perform well and there is no need to move them, or they underperform, and no team will want an underperforming player with a sizable cap hit with term into their 30s.

They are just better versions of Berglund and Sobotka, but they are also more expensive. We have less than ideal players that we are more than likely stuck with.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
As for Binnington, good, we need to know what we have in him and Husso. Binnington is playing better and there is more urgency to figure out of he's a player or not.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Has anyone else just completely lost interest in watching this team? I think all the dumbass answers after games where they can't figure out why they aren't trying hard enough is just finally at that point, where I just don't care about this team for the rest of the season. I'm just more interested in seeing what Army does instead of actually watching the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad